15'x14.5' sealed grow room-Veg./Flower ratio

Ty13

Hi there, I'm using metal track and studs for the walls with wood 4x4's for the corners of the room. I just did lay down the outer track and I'm trying to figure out a more exact ratio of what the veg. room should be to the flowering room.

I'm going with 6x1K-hps lights for the flowering room and 1K-mh+T5 for the veg. room and trying to use the best Ebb and Flow bucket system I can find along with a tray set up for the clones under the T5.

The room will be sealed, venting only the sealed lights and include Co2, split A/C, dehumidifier, larger scruber, inline fans, oscillating fans etc. The outside door to the veg. room will be sealed of course and the flower room will use a pocket-door(maximize space) to separate it from the veg. room and it will be light sealed obviously.

So, I just need to figure where to lay the last track for the inside wall. Anyone have any suggestions on where exactly to lay it....AND/OR another suggestion of the style of wall/door??

I'll be starting a journal and will include pics. once I can get moving along passed this point...I don't think tracks screwed into the cement ground of the garage will be too exciting LOL

If I was approaching a multi-room layout I'd probably consider having twice the flower space as veg space. Perhaps even 3x or 4x.

I typically veg for 4 or so weeks in my worst situations, 2 in the best. I flower for 8 or so weeks with the indies, longer for them sats. General 4w Veg and 8w Flower for cash crop type stuff - 1:2 ratio... so twice the space.

I think that I would simply make sure there is space for adding a new crop to the flower room about once a month as they finish veg - allowing crops to be harvested about once a month.

You can fit about 21 to 24 pots (flo and gro) under 3x1000 watt lights. 6 lights would hold 42 to 48 and take up about 8x12 (I use 4x4 per 1000 HPS) Leave yourself room to walk around--2.5' on the end and down the middle. Gives flower room of 14.5x10.5 or so. Basically 2:1 on your spaces. Sketch up several layouts of pots/lights. Don't forget the 2 or 3 55 gal reservoirs.

Thanks for the imput guys! It's taken me what seems like forever with just some basic construction so far and it's prob. a good thing because if it hadn't I may have already put the track and studs up for that center wall and having a hell of a time getting the dry wall in for that interior wall. LOL

I was going to add pics. of my structure but it says "I may not post attachments".....At least for now I guess. I'll keep them though and post them in my journal though when I'm at least done building.

System should come in soon and then I can order all of my other equipment. Can't wait but a little worried about the current climate of the dispensaries/delivery services here in San Diego...I'm growing for myself, fiance' and most importantly my dad as he has horible pain in his feat and lower legs but I need to make enough money to sustain the bills and to go part time at work in order to take care of pops too.

Thanks again for the help guys!!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom