Plumbing AC into sealed room?

The cronnisoier

My veg room is 9x11’ and isn’t a sealed room and notice that the temps with 3x315cmh the 6” fresh air fan isn’t enough and was wondering if I can vent a portable a/c into the sealed flower room on the other side of the wall? My 11x11.5’ flower room has a 2ton mini split that cools the gavitas nicely and I want to vent a portable a/c from inside the veg room into this sealed room. Is there any reason why I shouldn’t or can it mess something up ? I don’t want to vent it outside or into my living area. Thx in advance

You can, but remember, you're pumping out heat. Wherever you dump it, be sure to dump it somewhere that can handle the heat. The other thing to remember... the main unit will need to be inside your grow space unless you jury-rig some way to vent the cool air outlet.
Also, there appear to be 2 different varieties of them. Some have both inlet and exhaust tubes, but most seem to be just an exhaust tube. The exhaust only type will be pulling a good bit of air out of your space. Could be a plus or a minus... depends on your room.

My veg room is 9x11’ and isn’t a sealed room and notice that the temps with 3x315cmh the 6” fresh air fan isn’t enough and was wondering if I can vent a portable a/c into the sealed flower room on the other side of the wall? My 11x11.5’ flower room has a 2ton mini split that cools the gavitas nicely and I want to vent a portable a/c from inside the veg room into this sealed room. Is there any reason why I shouldn’t or can it mess something up ? I don’t want to vent it outside or into my living area. Thx in advance

I'll be doing this in summer with a portable ac unit in the flower tent. the tubing part will be easy because you vent it like a dryer, but i'm also not sure where to vent it. thinking about just venting it into the 8x8 room my 5x5 tent is in. the room will be hot but the tent should be cold. hopefully.

Where's the logic in warming the environment around the inner environment you're trying to cool? Just dump it out a window or up into the attic.
It’s in a basement with no way to get to a window or attic. Only other way is if I decide to cut a whole though my foundation to go outside and I didn’t really want to do that if I didn’t have to.

Where's the logic in warming the environment around the inner environment you're trying to cool? Just dump it out a window or up into the attic.
sorry i forgot to mention i have an exhaust in the room.

It’s in a basement with no way to get to a window or attic. Only other way is if I decide to cut a whole though my foundation to go outside and I didn’t really want to do that if I didn’t have to.

i'd look for a cheap one that vents out of a 4" hole then just a shit load of tubing to vent it somewhere.

Not as easy as a window or attic... but are there any drains in your basement? A sink, toilet, or laundry machines would all require a drain... and thus (per plumbing codes) a plumbing vent stack. Unfortunately, it may be difficult to access (cutting drywall) and the size is usually 2", but it is a vent that goes all the way thru the roof and vents outside.

sorry i forgot to mention i have an exhaust in the room.

If you have an exhaust in the room already you should probably use that to exhaust the ac if there’s no other option. Otherwise the ac will be heating the same air it’s trying to cool and won’t really do anything except use electricity. Capturing the heat generated by cooling the air is how heat-pumps work.

Back
Top Bottom