Flowering room Sealing Question

dogman

High all,

Just a quick question. My flower room is sealed with Panda Plastic and I have been having a problem with my seams. I use standard duct tape for sealing the seams but the heat/humidity continually causes it to lose it's seal. Can anyone recommend something that works better. Been thinking about using Gorilla Tape. Any suggestions or recommendations?

High all,

Just a quick question. My flower room is sealed with Panda Plastic and I have been having a problem with my seams. I use standard duct tape for sealing the seams but the heat/humidity continually causes it to lose it's seal. Can anyone recommend something that works better. Been thinking about using Gorilla Tape. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Maybe try that Aluminum Tape? It may be stronger, since it's made for reflecting, or use in reflective areas. Which I'm assuming, means the glue would be designed to hold up in high heat areas. Look into it.

:peace:
Hope this helps

RxFunkenstein:roorrip:

Another method to use with Panda plastic is to cut small 1-2 inch squares of cardboard, place them over the plastic and staple it to the wall. The cardboard helps keep the plastic from tearing
I have the same problem in my veg room the duct tape just doesn't cut it, falls down about once a week. I have not applied the cardboard fix as I am short 1 stapler but I have seen it done. :grinjoint:

Gorilla Tape is da' bomb and will seal the seams in your panda tent just fine. Being that it's black on the outside, you can create a nice looking tent with panda and you'll hardly notice the seams. Gorilla Tape will lock in two pieces of panda.

The only place I've found that it doesn't stay stuck on is a damp painted concrete wall, and it does pretty well on that.

:peace:

Harry

Can you heat-seal that stuff instead of using tape?

Are you making SURE that the areas that you are taping are 100% clean and oil-free first by wiping them down with mineral spirits, 91% isopropyl alcohol, high-amonia window cleaner, or the like?

I haven't used this Panda Plastic before but I have worked with adhesives before, and like all jobs of any kind, proper prep is a big part of getting good results.

Be sure to test a small portion of the plastic with your cleaning stuff first. While I wouldn't think it would be easy to "melt" it, better safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom