1st Deep Water Culture CFL Closet Grow! Pics

wowtestdrive

Hello people, :welcome:

This is my 2nd (attempt) growing. First time around was with an Aerogarden and failed pretty miserbly.
I havnt been taking pictures of this grow until now. Today is the 2 week mark since ive turned them over to 12/12. I think i was slightly premature in starting flowering because i cant tell the sex of many of them yet, but nothing I can do now...

A few facts:
- 4 of the plants are bag seed while one is a lemon skunk (the one closest and in the middle)
-Using SH's Deep Water Culture system, and technaflora "recipe for success" nutrients
-Maintaining pretty good temps even with the closet all shut up
-Have not had any nutrient burn, root rot, or pest problems (knock on wood) but have had a little bit of light burn
-Live in a house with 9 other people so keeping it stealth is very important!

And now for the pics...
rsz_3100_0631.jpg

rsz_1100_0632.jpg

rsz_100_0641.jpg

rsz_100_0640.jpg

rsz_100_06381.jpg

rsz_100_0643.jpg

rsz_100_0653.jpg

I would LOVE any input...let me know how they look, if you notice any problems, or have any questions. :popcorn:

Re: 1st Deep Water Culture CFL closet grow! *Pics*

Lookin good, hopefully you have somethin for smell since 9 ppl live with you, it will get pretty stinky.

Make yourself a carbon filter ! Theres a DIY on here for a few different ways or look on u-tube !! east to make and they work !! :peace:

Welcome my friend!! Plants are looking great, whatever you are doing KEEP IT UP!! Another good cheap option for odor control called ONA gel. It cleared up my whole house!

:welcome:

Thanks for the confidence boost folks! I should have some close up pictures soon because I might need help sexing them.

Welcome my friend!! Plants are looking great, whatever you are doing KEEP IT UP!! Another good cheap option for odor control called ONA gel. It cleared up my whole house!

:welcome:

Yeah i love the stuff, people ask why my room smells slightly similar to a urinal...buuuuut its alot better than everyone knowing whats really up.
I used the ona odor control bucket that i learned from a post by roseman and i've seen others post as well. Mine however is much smaller because the space i need to clear out is quite small.
It holds about a half gallon of water and a few spoon-fulls of ona pro.
here are a few pics of it:
100_06713.JPG

rsz_1rsz_100_0673.jpg

Looking GREAT to me.

Please visit the Home of the Deep Water Culture Thread int he DWC/Deep Water Culture Forum adn let them know you are here!!!

And I need your vote here:
420 Magazine's Member of the Month Contest: January 2010

Thank you very much!!

Just went and voted sir. Would wish you luck in winning, but looking at the polls, i dont think you need it :grinjoint:

:peace:

And great thread and great grow, bro!
You have one full closet there! Looking great!
so far so good wowtestdrive. Keep up the good work.
those look healthy goodjob and goodluck

Thanks mucho fellas :cheesygrinsmiley:

Please post your Odor Controller in our Odor Control Bucket thread too, please. It is in my signature.

Just did, dont think it was a GREAT contribution but hopefully it helps. Your post saved me from getting caught or trying to build some intracite carbon filter system.

Thanks mucho fellas :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just did, dont think it was a GREAT contribution but hopefully it helps. Your post saved me from getting caught or trying to build some intracite carbon filter system.

Hey man, every contribution is great! From ideas come inspiration! If I never hear what you have to say I'll never learn. Keep putting the ideas out, personally I gather ideas and make them work for me.

Sex guessin time???

Hey man, every contribution is great! From ideas come inspiration! If I never hear what you have to say I'll never learn. Keep putting the ideas out, personally I gather ideas and make them work for me.

Well put sir!

Well today I added a 4th 85watt cfl. So now i use 2 2700k and 2 5600k 85watt bulbs, and 2 26watt 2700k lights for side lighting.

rsz_100_07111.jpg

I also took a few pictures of their naked parts to see if they are men or woman...so ANY ADVICE is welcome because I've never had to sex a plant before.

Plant 1 (Think its too early to tell):

rsz_100_06782.jpg

rsz_100_0679.jpg

rsz_100_0680.jpg

Plant 2-Lemon skunk (99.9% sure its a girl):

rsz_100_06871.jpg

rsz_100_06861.jpg

Plant 3: No pics, too early to tell

Plant 4: No pics, too early to tell and is a runt that i will most likley cut down eater way.

Plant 5 (The other super healthy plant, also i believe this one is a girl as well):

rsz_100_07001.jpg

rsz_100_0698.jpg

rsz_100_0705.jpg

rsz_100_0703.jpg

rsz_100_07061.jpg

Base of this plant:
rsz_1100_0708.jpg

Plant 6: No pics, too early to tell

Let me know what you think...its hard to see in the pictures but plant #2 and #5 are the healthiest by FAR...since im in such a small area should i just cut down the other plants to give more space and light to the middle, and most healthy two....or just be patient and wait to figure out if the others are girls too. Frankly i'm nervous that ill miss a male until too late...

ALSO when i do cut down the males and the runt..how do you guys get the roots separated? mine are a tangled mess and i feel like i'll just tear the roots off of the good plants...here are a few pics to get an idea of the situation...

The roots on the right are from the runt
rsz_100_06931.jpg

rsz_1100_0695.jpg

Great looking grow bro!:nicethread:

I too grow in a closet, always wishing I had more room lol.

Everything looks great great from the pics. I really can't chime in on your question about separating the roots since I have not done that. I do know that Roseman told me I can hack off half of the roots without it affecting the plant. That should ease your mind a little about the task.

Good luck with everything, I will be watching this one for sure! Stop by my grow thread sometime. Maybe we should start a closet growers thread...maybe I'm just stoned haha.

Keep up the good work bro:yummy:

:peace:YD

Lookin real good my friend! Plants two and five are definitely ladies!! Plant one is looking promising too. Keep your fingers crossed!

Well I would wait to see, you will have plenty of time to determine males before they would pollinate. As for cutting the roots, all you have to do is take some sterile, sharp scissors and cut out all the male plants roots. You will have to cut some roots from the remaining plants in order to do this. Even though it hurts(me) to do this IT IS FINE and won't hurt the plants. I pulled a runt from my last grow and it had zero effect on the other two plants.

Haha for sure yarddog35, ill swing by your grow too, thanks for stopping by!

Lookin real good my friend! Plants two and five are definitely ladies!! Plant one is looking promising too. Keep your fingers crossed!

Well I would wait to see, you will have plenty of time to determine males before they would pollinate. As for cutting the roots, all you have to do is take some sterile, sharp scissors and cut out all the male plants roots. You will have to cut some roots from the remaining plants in order to do this. Even though it hurts(me) to do this IT IS FINE and won't hurt the plants. I pulled a runt from my last grow and it had zero effect on the other two plants.

That eases my mind very much!! Thanks bro :woohoo:

Ok I've got a rez change tomorrow. I've been using the technaflora starter kit running at ~1400PPM for the first two weeks of flower, but have ~300PPM tap water so about 1100PPM of nutes.

Think this rez change ill try and boost the PPM 100-200, but i'm a little afraid to do some experimenting. :hmmmm: Can anyone tell by leaf tint or anything if i should even go for it or just stick to the "recipe for success" (lulz @ the corny name)

Edit: Havnt had any sign of nute burn YET (knock on wood)

Ty friends :peace:

Ok I've got a rez change tomorrow. I've been using the technaflora starter kit running at ~1400PPM for the first two weeks of flower, but have ~300PPM tap water so about 1100PPM of nutes.

Think this rez change ill try and boost the PPM 100-200, but i'm a little afraid to do some experimenting. :hmmmm: Can anyone tell by leaf tint or anything if i should even go for it or just stick to the "recipe for success" (lulz @ the corny name)

Edit: Havnt had any sign of nute burn YET (knock on wood)

Ty friends :peace:

Personally if the plants look healthy I would stick where you are at for now. It is a little early in flower to go "all out". When you do decide to up the nutes, just make sure you do it incrementaly and see how the plants react(ie 1100to1200to1300....). I have learned you can never be too careful, but it easy to be overzealous!!

Back
Top Bottom