1st Deep Water Culture CFL Closet Grow! Pics

Update!

Day 20 Flower:

Hello everyone, in the past few days i sadly had to cut down 3 plants (2 boys and 1 runt, runt was prob a boy too) :rip:

This opened my closet alot so I added some more lights! Sadly most were 6500k =( . I added 2 52w 6500k 4ft cfl tubes, and 1 42w 2700k cfl. This put me at 8586 lumens per square foot total [(4200*4 + 2700*3 + 5000*2) = 32200 / (2.5*1.5) 3.75]

Sadly they aren't as lush as i'd hope they would be. Most of the secondary bud sights are weak =(

here are some picz:

rsz_100_0754.jpg

rsz_100_07391.jpg

Thought this one just looked cool!
rsz_100_07411.jpg

Soon to be bud sites!
rsz_100_0743.jpg

rsz_100_0744.jpg

Re: 1st Deep Water Culture CFL closet grow! *Pics*

:oops:

Woke up this morning to a temp of 101 degrees!!!! When I added the lights I moved the container infront of my intake fan, so from 10am-12:30pm all this new lights were just cooking my plants!!!!

Oh well, moved the tub and moving forward I guess... =(

:oops:

Woke up this morning to a temp of 101 degrees!!!! When I added the lights I moved the container infront of my intake fan, so from 10am-12:30pm all this new lights were just cooking my plants!!!!

Oh well, moved the tub and moving forward I guess... =(

Nice journal and grow wow. If the temp spikes for a brief period of time I never see that as a big issue. I just like to think about a particularly hot day in the middle of summer if the plant was grown outdoors. Not much different as far as I know. You caught it in time before any real damage is done. I believe the worst that can happen is the whole grow process may be extended.

Did you up the PPM in the last res change? The color of your girls in your group shot look a bit dark but it could be the camera or lighting because the color looks real good in the close up shots. If the color in the group shot is accurate you may have a stronger nute mix than is needed/required.

+rep for the grow, the journal, and keepin' it all stealth in a house full of people. ;)

Haha thanks Skooter,

I didn't change the PPM, keeping it at ~1100 of nutrients for now. I think its just the shadowing..forgot to turn of forced flash for the group shots.

Yeah its a rough task living with 9 people, I like to keep the closet wide open during the day too, so its a task keeping the door locked and keeping people from wandering in when its open...went from playing fifa and madden 24/7 with people in my room to not doing it at all once this grow started!

PS. Just checked out your newest NL DWC cabinet grow and loved that one too!!!! I suggest to everyone that they go check it out!

wowtestdrive, nice grow man. its gonna get real crowded in there in a couple weeks. did you decide on an odor control yet. ona seems to work for me .

hey test drive, the have 250cfm 8" duct fans at homedepot for 40$. They do no where near that cfm, but it helped me a lot. I use to run an a/c duct in the room, but I used this with a 8"-6" reducer and 6" pipe right ontop of the canopy, and it does great and saves $. That with the vent you got right now should work pretty good. Oh yah, you will have to wire the fan. that will be no problem for you as i see you installed that fart fan already. In my other life Im a contractor.

wowtestdrive, nice grow man. its gonna get real crowded in there in a couple weeks. did you decide on an odor control yet. ona seems to work for me .

Yeah I go with ona, its not 100% perfect bc of the urinal like smell, but it doest the job. I have pics of my ona dispenser on the first page of this.

hey test drive, the have 250cfm 8" duct fans at homedepot for 40$. They do no where near that cfm, but it helped me a lot. I use to run an a/c duct in the room, but I used this with a 8"-6" reducer and 6" pipe right ontop of the canopy, and it does great and saves $. That with the vent you got right now should work pretty good. Oh yah, you will have to wire the fan. that will be no problem for you as i see you installed that fart fan already. In my other life Im a contractor.

I think for this grow im going to just use what I have bc as long as the closet is open im fine...but NEXT grow ill be adding a 2nd Deep Water Culture system and more lights so that is a great deal for an inline fan!! Thanks for the ideas man

Yeah I go with ona, its not 100% perfect bc of the urinal like smell, but it doest the job. I have pics of my ona dispenser on the first page of this.

I think for this grow im going to just use what I have bc as long as the closet is open im fine...but NEXT grow ill be adding a 2nd Deep Water Culture system and more lights so that is a great deal for an inline fan!! Thanks for the ideas man

I figured as much. Easy fix!! lol. If I close the door in my closet without the fan, it gets up to 90 in a hurry with the lights. With it open it goes to 85, and with the fan it goes to 72-82.

Thanks for the confidence boost folks! I should have some close up pictures soon because I might need help sexing them.

Yeah i love the stuff, people ask why my room smells slightly similar to a urinal...buuuuut its alot better than everyone knowing whats really up.
I used the ona odor control bucket that i learned from a post by roseman and i've seen others post as well. Mine however is much smaller because the space i need to clear out is quite small.
It holds about a half gallon of water and a few spoon-fulls of ona pro.
here are a few pics of it:
100_06713.JPG

rsz_1rsz_100_0673.jpg

Could I ask where you got that fan? I was looking for something like that for an exhaust into attic. Did you get it locally or internet? If locally could you give me model number.

you guys need to try out the ona fresh linnen. way better that the urinal smell. really smells like you just did a load of laundry.

Could I ask where you got that fan? I was looking for something like that for an exhaust into attic. Did you get it locally or internet? If locally could you give me model number.

I actually just found it laying around in the basement...the brand of the fan is "massey" but i wouldn't suggest it for exhaust because it doesn't move all that much air..unless you have very very little heat. The $40 250cfm inline fan from home depot would be a much better choice! Hope that helps

you guys need to try out the ona fresh linnen. way better that the urinal smell. really smells like you just did a load of laundry.

Wish they had that at my local hydro shop!!! Would be way better! Might just cave and order it and deal with the shipping charges

Back
Top Bottom