1st Grow Deep Water Culture, OG Kush, 600W HPS

RobbyGreen

Hey guys this is my first time growing and I'm doing Deep Water Culture. Im growing Og kush I have 8 clones I started 11/18 by then my clones were a week old and I put them in the tote. These are my grow details.

Space: 4'6 by 7'6 by 6' to 8' "slanted roof"
Lighting: T5 veg, 600w HPS flower
Nutes: I am using Flora nutes, Grow,Micro,and bloom
Pump: active aqua 110L a min
Humidity: 40-60% on average

For the first week I kept my ppm at 350 witch dropped to 250 by the end of the week, and the ph is always between 5.5 and 5.8 I'm in my second week now and im not liking the way my leaves are looking.

My grow room Has a humidity of 40% - 60% on average for now so occasionally I would mist my plants but now I'm afraid that may be leading to my leafs roting but I'm not sure. I was wondering if humidity is really a factor when it comes to DWC since the medium is water any way?
So I'm going to post some macro photos and I'd appreciate all the advice.​

This is a pic of my tote with my 8 clones they are 21 days old in this pic "Just misted in these photos"
The_Ladies2.jpg
and here is an overview shot
Overview15.jpg

Unfortunately I had to lower the resolution on all my macro pics to make them usable but here are the leaves Im worried about I don’t know if these leaves have disease or are stressed by light or getting burned by nutes or if misting the plants is the reason but id like your advice im just a noob haha thanks alot brothas.

Any way these are the leaves im worried about im seeing progession on to the other leaves any idea whats causing this?
Leaf_2.jpg

g43.jpg

Leaf19.jpg

image 2 shows off the disease effect the best...

Check out these roots day 21 from when the clone cuts were made I transplanted the cubes on 11/18 im goin to put them in 3 gallon buckets with in a day or two ill have photos up after.
the_roots_21_days.JPG

Thanks man I'm looking forward to it Im not going to be spraying them any more it looks pretty obvious that its water damage on those leafs I think the light had ben burning the nutes into the leaf.?

Aw I knew it damn hopefully I can clear those water spots in the next few days, I stoped top/foliar feeding yesterday now that the roots are in the water. Ill update the photos in a week so far I have found 3 aphids on the plants and I'm wondering if by next week they may be strong enough to be sprayed with some pesticide they are all female and have a slight smell already so I'm thinking itll be no time when the predators start to move in.

Thanks man I made the tub they call them totes it's probably the easiest hydro set up, it was clear though so I wrapped the tote like a present in 3ml floor covering plastic made sure it was nice and tight then I did the same to the lid leaving about 3 inches of plastic to hang off the side and then I tuck that under the tote and clip it with office clips witch work well to hold your air lines and give it that nice look, keeping light out of the reservoir is key if any light gets in your roots can rot algae can grow slime will produce faster but as long as you change the res every week the water should stay healthy for your plants some people wait 2 weeks personally I’m going to try to change mine every week I’m using aro water but this is my first grow and I only have the 1st and 2nd res changes under my belt and from what I’m experiencing the ph climbs ALOT the first 3 days after that it starts to settle down I’m going to experiment and wait to weeks I hear the second week the water stays basically at the same ph

i did LST on all the stalks of the stems and i fucked up on 3 and 1 may die the stalks barley hoding on....
Any way let me show you what happens when you tie your bandages to tight...
shit2.jpg

fucking horrible i know, but i am a noob but just an ashamed one hahaha
shittty.jpg

sooooooo ugly ill do more lst in a week or two try and fatten up that stem

As for this lady not a complete fuck up but its not good by any means but i think shell recover just fine.... i hope
bent4.jpg

you see that white is a littl bit of new growth but she definetly got cut off by the bandage i tied um way to tight.. there are just way to many splits there should only be 1

but this is how its supposed to be done... like a pro haha
prime.jpg

any way ill get more pics up in a few hours or so my night schedule is on right now. but this stem is a fatty now

plants are looking nice and green!! i dont think any will die just keep those stems up straight and they will repair themselves in time. this is this i dont LST but i have no experience i only top/fimm my plants and i think i get a pretty good result. you can check out my grow of hashplant and burkle and all been toped and fimmed and they are healthy and quite bushy and have only been in veg 2 weeks. everything looks great tho man!

Hi RobbyGreen

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom