1st Grow - One Month In - Pics - A Couple Questions & Concerns

BadlyDrawnBoy

2 plants, about 1 month age, both in single 5g dwc buckets. 1 300w led lamp for each plant, about 20 inches high. water (well water) temps 70-74, tent temps 74-76 (much cooler at night), seedling strength nutes, adv. nutrients basic 3. I'm adjusting ph to 5.8 every morning.

They've taken off recently and are growing nicely, but I do notice some (what I believe to be) nute burn on both plants, more so the sativa in the 3 pic and pics after. The first 2 pics are the indica. I'm surprised there is burn at all because I'm still using only seedling strength nutes, and I haven't changed the res in 3 weeks on the sativa, so there has been a lot of fresh water added and the ppm is down below 400, more towards 300. my starting water ppm is around 200.

I notice some slight curling in upper and lower leaves, and because there is nute burn also, i thought maybe there is some nitrogen toxicity. the plants are fairly dark green, nothing too outrageous.

My ph and ppm both are dropping daily, which I'm a bit confused about. The roots look really good, very white, no smells, lots of growth. I understand why the ppm is dropping, especially since I'm adding fresh water every other day, but why is the ph dropping as well? The sativa res seems to stay more stable, dropping only to 5.4 or so everyday. But today and yesterday the indica plant res dropped to 4.8 from 5.8 the day before. That is a pretty big drop, I'm wondering why it's happening like that.

I guess I'm just sort of doing a checkup for the plants. It's my first grow, a few errors so far but otherwise so far successful. Just wondering about these questions above and any other thoughts or comments that may benefit the plants.

Thanks

20170729_150720.jpg
20170729_150702.jpg
20170729_150646.jpg
20170729_064947.jpg
20170729_064929.jpg
20170729_064911.jpg
20170729_064902.jpg

re: 1st Grow - One Month In - Pics - A Couple Questions & Concerns

2 plants, about 1 month age, both in single 5g dwc buckets. 1 300w led lamp for each plant, about 20 inches high. water (well water) temps 70-74, tent temps 74-76 (much cooler at night), seedling strength nutes, adv. nutrients basic 3. I'm adjusting ph to 5.8 every morning.

They've taken off recently and are growing nicely, but I do notice some (what I believe to be) nute burn on both plants, more so the sativa in the 3 pic and pics after. The first 2 pics are the indica. I'm surprised there is burn at all because I'm still using only seedling strength nutes, and I haven't changed the res in 3 weeks on the sativa, so there has been a lot of fresh water added and the ppm is down below 400, more towards 300. my starting water ppm is around 200.

I notice some slight curling in upper and lower leaves, and because there is nute burn also, i thought maybe there is some nitrogen toxicity. the plants are fairly dark green, nothing too outrageous.

My ph and ppm both are dropping daily, which I'm a bit confused about. The roots look really good, very white, no smells, lots of growth. I understand why the ppm is dropping, especially since I'm adding fresh water every other day, but why is the ph dropping as well? The sativa res seems to stay more stable, dropping only to 5.4 or so everyday. But today and yesterday the indica plant res dropped to 4.8 from 5.8 the day before. That is a pretty big drop, I'm wondering why it's happening like that.

I guess I'm just sort of doing a checkup for the plants. It's my first grow, a few errors so far but otherwise so far successful. Just wondering about these questions above and any other thoughts or comments that may benefit the plants.

Thanks

20170729_150720.jpg
20170729_150702.jpg
20170729_150646.jpg
20170729_064947.jpg
20170729_064929.jpg
20170729_064911.jpg
20170729_064902.jpg

Is it ph perfect trio? By advanced nutrients sorry? You said your adjusting ph ?

Real beauties, I'm looking forward to seeing them in full bloom.

Is it ph perfect trio? By advanced nutrients sorry? You said your adjusting ph ?

Yup, the ph perfect trio, advanced nutrients. I'm adjusting ph to 5.8 every morning. I didn't realize you needed ro water for the ph perfect to work right, and I want to use my well water for grows, so I won't be buying the ph perfect formulas again. But since I bought it i'm going to use it up. I adjust to 5.8 every morning, but curious why my ph and ppm both drop every night

1st Grow - One Month In (Pics) - A Couple Questions & Concerns

Yup, the ph perfect trio, advanced nutrients. I'm adjusting ph to 5.8 every morning. I didn't realize you needed ro water for the ph perfect to work right, and I want to use my well water for grows, so I won't be buying the ph perfect formulas again. But since I bought it i'm going to use it up. I adjust to 5.8 every morning, but curious why my ph and ppm both drop every night

Hold on a second . Got the perfect guy to ask for u

Here ask this guy he is super nice and I'm sure he wouldn't mind answer a few quick questions he is a pro with an and here is a link to his current thread think you love it there .

Sorry I could t be more useful.

PW's First Attempt At Aeroponics & PS1000 LED

PW's First Attempt At Aeroponics & PS1000 LED

I know penny goes as low as 5.5 as well FYI

Also been told you shouldn't. R adjusting ph of between 4-8 is when advanced nutrients ph perfect works . it's suppose to buffer ph for you .

Back
Top Bottom