1st LED Grow - Beginner's Setup

I am late here but I agree on two things: low power 150w light should be as close as it can be to the plants while still spreading enough to hit them all. My lights are 2" fromy plants. If it starts to bleach the tips white, it is too close, otherwise great. Don't waste your light intensity by being so far away. Secondly, do not defoliate to "get light to bud sights" not really helpful and reduces growth and yield on my opinion. You can trim out the very bottom of the plant to prevent mold on the medium surface. Also pick up dead leaves from the medium so they do not mold.
Good luck!

Thanks for the info buddy ! Im afraid if i get the lights too close , there wont be a good blend of the spectrums to hit the plants . About defoliating , i wont do it this time , im actually going for the scrog method so will see how things go from there . Btw what do you mean by getting the plants flat ? I mean how can i actually do that ? Cheers ;)

FIRST OFF i want that 100x3 three light , give me 60days notice and keep me first in line should you ever sell it... Its an amazing light that rivels black dog led lights like all things even with brand names some models are good some are bad and you my friend have one of the best model led lights on the planet , now let me go back and read some more of your post about your setup and i will add my knowhows to this thread....

From what i know 7 days in a paper bag , dark upside down hang, or one of those cheese net hanging baskets then jar it for 30 days opening the jar BURPING IT 1 to 2 times a day.

Depends on the strain sativas take more time and if you got yer ladies from a seed bank they are right on but the rule is let them go alittle longer get a loupe when there clear and some amber tricombs are showing harvest for uplifting high (speed feel) wait til lots of amber , body high (coutch lock) morifin high the milky tricombs are there but gauge on the CLEAR and AMBERS per your med requirement.

That is ROCK fucking solid my friend, im comenting on your photos now, great job the tent looks great, your fans, the light really really nice, i see its a soil grow are you adding nutes to the soil or is it even needed since soil now a days has nutes in the soil.

Light Placement
Germination 24 to 30 inches
Vegitative 18 to 24 inches
Flowering 12 to 18 inches

The rule really is IF THERES BLEACHING at the top , raise the light.

You should follow my current "2nd grow" buddy , wont disappoint you ;)

You know you could buy that light online no need to wait for me to sell it haha i have 2 of them now , just click on the 2nd link in my signature and see the setup of the current grow !

I think the only problem i had with my first grow (the one in this thread) , is the soil was too hot for the plants , so from now on im always starting with the biobizz light mix which doesn't contain nutes . The baby plants couldnt handle the nutes in the soil you could see in the first pictures how they used to get all yellowish and burn

Wait what? Those (to me) amazing results from ONE single 300W (100x3W) light at more than 30" inches distance??? This contradicts everything I know, the distance of course...and from people constantly saying that a 300W light alone is probably not even sufficient for flowering.... so "common sense" would say that there is no way to grow let alone flower with just one 300W light at 30" or more...I am baffled now...

By the way I am using 2x "new" old model for an area of currently 10.14 sqft (3.87ft x 2.62ft) at currently approx 24" distance. Your experience here now makes me wonder whether I should put them higher again (like I didn't already try 9000 times in experiments)...simply because 5W are supposed to be even stronger than the 3W lights and I had bad bleaching initially. (This on the other hand I solved now with CalMag and better soil, I think).

>>
The baby plants couldnt handle the nutes in the soil you could see in the first pictures how they used to get all yellowish and burn
>>

Of course I am just a grower noob, but I don't THINK this was the reason.

I had the same problems like you when I started, actually MUCH worse, my seedlings literally turned WHITE.

I changed the universal soil we had to Canna Terra Pro and used CalMag, and the plants are recovering. It's right, the yellowed leaves stayed on at the bottom but now they're exploding with lush, green new leaves above the yellow ones.

If it was a problem with "too much nutes" for the seedlings, the Terra Canna Pro soil and the CalMag wouldn't have changed anything, in fact it would have made things worse!?!?? (Because Terra Canna Pro is also pretty "hot" and contains lotsa nutes).

I have my own theory, it is that it is a iron deficiency which turned the plants yellow. All I know is, the Terra Canna Pro and the CalMag (which also has Iron in it) now makes the stuff GROW like it's supposed to.

Also, my chillies (which are STILL in the "universal soil", I didn't repot them) are now growing like crazy, just from adding CalMag. They also turned yellow before.

Back
Top Bottom