1st time hydroponics nutrition help

TwistedEvo

Hey guys I am starting my first hydroponic system and I am in need of some help with hydroponic nutrition.

I have been doing a lot of research and a LOT of reading. So many people are so different in what they use.

For my application I am growing some sweet basil in rock wool along with my 1 unknown seed that is about 5 inches tall at this point.

This is my test and learning plant.

I find my self overwhelmed by how many different hydroponic nutrients that are available on the market. Some very high in price and some not. Some for specific applications.

What is a good not to expensive starter kit for my 1 gallon unit.

something to help it grow to start because thats the stage I am at now.

I would also like to build a larger hydroponic unit for food and also another for my medical flowers.

Will the medical application nutrients also work well/great with the food crops?

I have found hydroponics and the many ways to grow indoors and I have taken hold and I greatly enjoy growing with hydrponics. But have so much more to learn.

Thanks for the time!

Re: 1st time hydroponics nutrition help.

i hear blue planet nutrients are pretty good they have a quart trio pack grow/micro/bloom for 20 buck, they should work with all round crops.

i got some fox farm trio.. for like 20 bucks the bottles are not big just 3 small bottles got them off of bay.. something to try and see if you like it instead of going with 3 BIG bottles..

i use dutch pro base nutes and they are cheap and work, not sure if its available in states though. BPN seems to be ok and the lad that runs it would be on hand to give u advice so as a new grower if u go that route u'll not only get the nutes u'll also get help in using them correctly. I grow dwc so check my journal out for any tips and feel free to ask questions.

Well im about to order still dont know what ones Is the extra PH balance stuff worth it? I have a 1 gallon system thats hard to Keep within the right ph range on a day to day. And also what are you guys using to test ph? I have some liquid crap that I dont like.

Thanks for the help. Still reading!

Well im about to order still dont know what ones Is the extra PH balance stuff worth it? I have a 1 gallon system thats hard to Keep within the right ph range on a day to day. And also what are you guys using to test ph? I have some liquid crap that I dont like.

Thanks for the help. Still reading!

Blue Lab PH pen is the best. I my self still use GH PH drops along with there UP & DOWN dry. But yea check out Cultivators grow. He helped me with my DWC cloning and hydro so yea go there and youll find what ya looking for. He also has a video he takes you threw nutrients and all that good stuff. Anyone that ask a hydro question I just send them to him :)

Went with some advanced nutrients for $25 we will see how the other plants grow ;)

With the ph liquid I dont feel im keeping it in the ideal range. Its hard to make the match and guess within .5

But I may invest into a Milwaukee pH 600 for now and see how it works.

Plant is taking off nice I'm about 3/4 weeks in.

Back
Top Bottom