1st timer soil help

Gazoobee

So I ordered a mixed bag of seeds...been germinating for a day now in paper towel....what's the best soil mix to start them with. Thanks

Something mild and well draining. Many (most, lol) folks will mix in a good bit of perlite to help with drainage, often up to 25% or even 33%. I typically mix at a 3:1 ratio (25% perlite).

IDK about best, but Fox Farms' Happy Frog soil is pretty popular for young plants. A lot of people use Fox Farms' Ocean Forrest, too, but some believe it is pretty hot for seedlings. I think a lot of it has to do with the strain in question. IOW, it may be perceived as being overly "hot" if the plant in it is a delicate feeder, and not give that impression if the plant is a voracious feeder. Fox Farms products seem to be widely available, not just at "indoor" grow shops but also at mainstream nurseries and plant businesses/greenhouses.

Aurora Innovations' Roots Organics soil products are also popular, and they have several types.

Sunshine Mix (IDK who makes it) has also been used by a lot of people.

And the Pro-Mix line of products also has its share of fans. But I would consider that to be more a soilless product than a soil.

Et cetera. There are lots of them. Some people have even had a (more or less) successful grow with something like Miracle Grow soil (but I certainly wouldn't recommend it :rolleyes3 ) .

BtW, Gazoobee, welcome to 420Magazine.com - the most comprehensive cannabis-education resource on the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom