1sttimegrow's Deep Water Culture Bag Seed- 2013

1sttimegrow

Bucket Size: 5 Gallon
Medium: Hydroton Clay Pebbles.
Lights: 14w, 5000k CFL Bulb for Vegetative.
23w, 6500k CFL Bulb for Flowering.
Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraMicro & General Hydroponics FloraGro for vegetative
General Hydroponics Flora Micro & General Hydroponics FloraBloom for Flowering.
Strain(s): All bag seed from former hydro grows.
# of Plants: 4?
Yield: Unknown

Finally decided to do a grow journal, here with my first bag seed DWC grown indoors in a small closet. I'll keep this journal updated throughout the grow with more information and pictures. Would appreciate comments, feedback and questions! :)

I started these on Thursday, May 23, 2013 in Jiffy Peat Pellets and will transfer into hydro dwc planters once I see visible roots.

IMG_22047.JPG
IMG_22037.JPG

IMG_22053.JPG
IMG_22064.JPG

What do you suggest CFL wise for veg and flower? First grow, so any feedback is appreciated lol. Also, how many lights per plant?

usually want around 100w per plant, 6500k is blue light, this is used for veg, 2700k is red light ideal for flowering or a mix of 2-1 of them bot is also good

Don't want to be annoying with my nube questions, lol; however, from my understanding that means I should have about 3 (three), 26 watt, 6500K CFL bulbs for per plant for veg? Does that sound decent?

subscribed. you want a 6500 kelvin cool white for vegetative growth and a 2700 kelvin warm white for flowering. with compact florescent lights you need several close to the plant to achieve enough light for the plant. the more light you have the better with compact florescent lights as it does not penetrate the canopy well.

Alright, here's another update. I transplanted two of the biggest seedlings today and switched the light over to a 23w, 6500k cfl. I'll be adding more 6500k lights super soon so that each plants has close to 100wats. Using General Hydroponics FloraMicro & FloraGrow throughout veg phase. More updates soon!

21401.jpg
31261.jpg
4929.jpg
11840.jpg
IMG_17727.jpg
6628.jpg
5706.jpg

Here's another update as of 6/7/13. Everything's looking pretty healthy, definitely visible growth going on. I'm keeping the jiffy pellets on standby just in case something turns bad for the dwc plants. I know they won't last forever in those pellets like that, but I'll keep them until the roots get too ridiculous. I'm on about a once a week nutrient feed using the same general hydroponics stuff. In my opinion, they're lookin pretty healthy, especially with the little bit of light I've got on them right now. I keep saying I'll add more lights but have been lazy. I'll get to it this weekend for sure. More to come soon!

IMG_9193.jpg
IMG_49352.jpg
IMG_82941.jpg
IMG_21779.jpg
IMG_027221.jpg

Thanks for the tips. I was still experimenting with the lights and seeing how many more I was going to add. I'll get around to adding a few more in places this weekend. As suggested, I went ahead and moved the three I have a bit closer, about 5-6 inches away. Thanks KingJohnC !

IMG_32361.jpg

Day 19 :) Progressing nicely still. Just switched out the nutes, everything is running fresh - got the lights still hung about 5-6 inches away from the plant... here's some pictures just because. :)
IMG_15019.jpg
IMG_149911.jpg
IMG_14989.jpg
IMG_150213.jpg
IMG_150011.jpg

Looking good!, If you are using CFL's, you can get them from 20watt, to 200watt! Im using a 85 watt one, which my plants seems to appreciate. With light, the more the merrier :D!
Im subbing to see this girls grow.

Day 39 - still progressing nicely. Clearly visible growth since the last update. I finally got rid of my other seedlings a couple weeks ago and decided to transplant one more to DWC. I've now got three growing strongly! Switched up the nutrients also not too long ago to Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice A&B. Following the Lucas Formula through veg and flower; hoping for good results ! More pics and updates to follow more frequently :). Stay tuned...

IMG_011627.JPG

Day 43 - Still looking good :). This is just a quick picture update since I haven't really posted many lately. More to come soon!

IMG_015622.JPG

(Plant on Left)

IMG_015525.JPG

(Plant in Middle)

IMG_015419.JPG

(Plant on Right)

Wow, 43 days and looking really strong, and healthy.

looks nice but the lower areas are reall lacking in light you may want to get a few more cfl's and hang them without a hood for side lighting so you get better bottom growth
Is there a fan blowing air around? helps strengthen the stem and gives air circulation
looking nice and green tho:thumb:

Thanks for the tip @Cronichemphog. I do have a fan in the room that keeps the air pretty circulated. I'll throw a few more cfl's on the side without hoods to even out the light flow :).

Update: Bad news :( -- Unfortunately, I ran out of time before these could finish. Had to chop them down! Will def be starting another grow and journal soon from start to finish. Stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom