2 F.A.Q? Big Bud during flowering & Taste of weed?

WeedSmokerNYC

My friend has a Afghan Bullrider Kush Clone growing, 1 month vegged, 1 Month 2 Weeks Flowering (Give or take a week or two)

He started using Big Bud last week (His plants had white hairs growing aggressively but I never saw buds he swear he saw smell buds growing prior to the bid buds. Anyway, he believes his plant is goig to hit 8 Weeks next week, he started 1 week of bid bud and a few days ago 6 hours after feeding 2x as much Big bud he should have his buds started to grow aggressively and I mean it went from me seeing white hairs plucking out from everywhere to 6-8 hours later it was budding like crazy, the buds are kinda whitish but that may be because of the hairs blocking it but Im pretty sure its bad to use big bud 8 weeks in no? If so should he stop feeding big bud? He said he plants to continue to use it till he sees the buds more visible than stop and using reg feeding till 2 week flush notice. So is this a good thing he forced his buds to grow or will his weed suck or be toxic now? Bullrider is pretty fucking hard to get your hands on it smells amazing and the trichs are all still clear or starting to get cloudy in 5% so what to do?

Second thing is I harvested some moby dick smells amazing as I break it up 1 week of drying its 90% dry 40-60% Humidity and 60-75F but taste like complete shit while smoked should I continue to dry in box/net for another week then jar or will my taste just suck like this forever?

Ok, Im gonna do my best but that paragraph made my brain hurt. :):)

Your friend can continue to feed up until 1-2 weeks prioir to harvest and still have time to flush out the chems.

Him pouring BB on the plant did not make it able to grow before your eyes. It was an optical illusion if anything. If it did that, why would ANY grower every use anything else? Maybe she was water limp and this made her wake back up?

When you say it tastes bad do you mean it tastes Green? like yard clippings? or has a chemial flavour? The first will eventually go away forthe most part, the second is not so good. Although if you put some citrus rind in the jar it will help change the taste. Try a couple lemon peels.

Sorry was in a rush next time I'll type proper

I guess it was a optical illusion or water starved because he did not feed for 4-5 days prior to that feeding, although it didn't really show any signs. The leaves weren't wilted or anything and the fan leaves only got a little burnt on the tip no curing or dry feel, very sticky and moist.

The taste I can't explain but it might be because Im using a torch to burn the weed since I didnt have any lighters, it tasted horrible though almost made me throw up a couple of times and left a bad taste in mouth, can't explain if chemical or not, it tasted green when I smoked it wet with the torch but not after its been dried. 10 days before harvest it was flushed for 6 hours with Final Flush and feed water only till I saw the water come out the bottom was clear.

I didn't know you could use Big bud for more than 4 weeks, instructions say week 4-8 of flowering or when white hairs are all out not buds.

The taste of green/hay is chlorophyll, which is built constantly by the plant by sucking on nitrogen from the soil. Many growers like to cut down on nitrogen in middle and late flowering to get this unforgettable smooth, floral or fruity taste, but if you treated your plant with nitrogen rich fertilizer in the last weeks of flowering, this will be hard to get rid of without flush... and you did it, that's why it's a mystery, but I've been growing organically, never had to flush and never had any foul, chemical taste either.

There are two possibilities then, either you didn't flush properly or your buds absorbed all industrial magic you've been giving them and only after long cure you're gonna enjoy something really smokable, cause flush doesn't cleanse buds, it only cleanse the medium!

You can use big bud up until flush.

I got a tip for you. All big bud is, is 3 dollars of molasses and rock phosphate mixed together and put into a $40 bottle.

If you see hairs then there are buds. Hairs come out of the buds.

As for buds growing right before your eyes, yeah didnt happen lol. But I could certainly see the buds noticeably getting bigger or more crystally over 24 hours. It happens sometimes after a feed or watering. I see it sometimes and I have certainly seen plants get inches taller over night.

The taste I can't explain but it might be because Im using a torch to burn the weed since I didnt have any lighters, .

What do you mean?
Are you popping little buds off and smoking them green?
That would explain the horrible taste.Just and FYI type thing,if you take a little bud of your plant and smoke it now you will be loosing a lot when it comes time to harvest.Your plant your rules.

I would suggest reading a tutorial on growing and follow the manufactures suggestions on the nutrients.If I grow in soils I follow a schedule of feed water,water,water instead of feed water,water.Unless its in the ground then they can handle a little more in my experience.

I mean I'm using a cooking torch (for baking) so its burning the weed at super high temps super fast so probably a burn taste. I'm going to read up a ton before my next grow, did a auto with just feed, water, feed, water, and last 3 weeks (Prior to 2 week flush) I would just feed feed feed then use final phase twice in the two week flush and hard flush in tub every few days till water comes out clear

Back
Top Bottom