2 or one plant

fault

so i have a room thats 2x3x4 thats flower and a 2x3x2 veg room.10 gallon tub dwc bubbler and i have 2 plants in it now. i just put a 3rd plant in the same bubbler cuz it was ready to flower. but i had to water the nutrients down so it wouldnt hurt the new plant. is that decreasing my yield in the long wrong? idk if i should just grow one and have the same yield as 2 or ifs thats possible. please help newbie stressed out lmao i forgot to add i have a 600w hps

As a constant, one plant per. When crowding you ate killing possible yield and creating opportunity for negative issues.

So putting the 3rd plant in the same dwc tub and watering down the nutrients won't decrease my yield with all 3 of my plants?

And are you saying if I crowd my space I get more yield. If I do that with one plant that equals same yield?

The more plants you crowd into any given space will ultimately limit yield. I believe nutrients should be used as instructed until you can prove otherwise.
How large is the tub? How large will the plants expected to become. Are you expert or novice? These too are question that will limit or unleash your yield.

Maybe think about it like this...

There is a genetic potential for maximum yield. Anything and everything you do takes away from this potential for perfection.

In some cases, it won't matter... in others it can be deadly.

Shorting the plants of nutrients at a critical time will have an impact... how much is impossible to guess, IMO. You have taken one more step away from that perfect production the plant is genetically programmed to achieve.

In the final analysis, very few people provide a perfect environment for their plants and everyone is someplace short of genetic potential. The best growers are the ones who get incrementally closer to this ideal.

I think the real issue is light penetration into the canopy.

If you have a single plant under a light - every part of the plant will get light.

Add another plant, and some of the light will be stolen by the neighbour and your yield will suffer... but you get the yield from the other plant as a bonus. Therefore, you end up with more than what the one plant can produce. But keep introducing more plants into the same environment - and there will come a point where yield will start to drop because of overcrowding.

There is a fine balance to maintain.

Personally, in your space, two would not be extreme in any way and will likely produce more than a single plant.

:goodluck:

A 6 gallon tub is right on the edge... Maybe too big for one but not large enough for two to fit comfortably.

This is really a close call, IMO. You have been given two different opinions, I wouldn't argue about 1 or 2 plants given your situation.

Back
Top Bottom