2 week old CBD Mango Haze & CBD Therapy leaf curl - Any advice?

I'm new to growing my own medicine. I am hoping someone can help here... Not sure if this is normal. Two of my seedlings are showing a bit of curling. Good color though. Last two nights, I checked in about an hour after my lights kicked on and I noticed a slight curling. See pics. Each of their twins are fine. Current light is 18 on/6 off. I have a 2 x 4 tent with 2 - 240 watt G8LEDs about 30 inches above them. I have a 6 inch inline S-Line Vortex fan w/exhaust running 24/7. The tent is about 70 degrees. I don't have my additional 6 inch fans on yet, though they are in place on top and the bottom for extra air current. This morning they looked fine after seeing them this way last night. The strains are CBD Mango Haze-Mostly Sativa, and CBD Therapy-Indica / Sativa. Feminized seeds.I germinated in Rapid Rooters using a seed mat with dome cover. I transplanted them a week ago into 4 inch pots with Happy Frog when the roots were well formed on the sides and bottoms. I have given them no nutes so far. I don't think they need them yet. I am wondering if they are a bit chilly after their 6 hours off light? The room is a little colder than the rest of the house, but not by much. Any ideas? Maybe I'm just a nervous nellie?
CBD_Therapy_2.JPG
CBD_Mango_Haze_1.jpg

Hey Lady ( :) ), welcome to the forum.

I will take a swing at this, if for no other reason, to get your question bumped back up so we can get some other opinions as well. I have a few thoughts. First, 70 degrees may be a bit cool. I try to keep somewhere close to 80 during the day and around 70 at night. At the very least, I like to try and keep my soil near 70. I believe that cold soil may slow root expansion and that a cold pot takes so long to warm up during the 18/6 light cycle that the most efficient growth time is limited. As a "disclaimer" I would also say that certain strains, such as Early Miss, handle the cooler temps a bit better.
I use FFOF and don't need any nutes until week 5. BUT...I only grow autos and I start out in my final pot...no transplant.
The curling is probably nothing to worry about, especially if you recently transplanted.
They look good to me, just be patient and this issue will probably work itself out. Be careful not to overwater or over feed. Less is more.

Good luck

Thanks much Schtiggy! i think you are right about the temp. I bumped up the heat in here to help. We will just walk around in our t-shirts! lol Anything to help my little ones grow. I think that may be why they are a bit slow out of the gate, too. They look good otherwise. I do see some new growth from last night even. I can also pop my seeding mat back under as well. I will pick up a soil tester too. I was just reading up on that. I don't have one. I appreciate you taking the time. The forum has been a huge help to me getting started. I have learned a lot and people here are very generous with their knowledge! :thanks:

I'm curious to try the Therapy too. How is she doing? Got any pics?
Hi Colesdad! Here is a pic from tonight. She is 3 weeks from germination. Out of my three strains that I have growing she is the fussiest. I had a bit of leaf curl when transplanting. I added 1/4 strength of Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big 2 days ago and saw a tiny bit of nute burn after two days, but not bad. She is a pretty thing and smells lovely. I have hopes she will be my go to medicinal option. I will post more info as we go along.
IMG_180529.jpg

Any more questions?

Hi there Micheals2016. I was actually wondering if I should top them. The 2x4 tent will likely be cramped so I thought I would let them go without touching them. I have never had this much luck with germinating my veggies and did not anticipate 6 plants germinating. Next grow I will do 2 plants and SCROG. Just not sure if I should top these or not. I got a red flower booster led from DormGrow too for when I switch to 12/12. I've got the bells and whistles but lack the experince Thanks for your interest! I am learning a lot from the forum!

It can get cramped but I would still top. I would just train the hell out of them more branches equal more colas. Just know that when you switch to 12/12 they will stretch (some times double and even triple in size) so just keep that in mind. You will be doing alot of bending and maybe have to supercrop if it gets out if control....lol.

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

temp problem with an easy solution i think low little bit of temp and she should be fine
I am picking up a temp and humidity sensor to monitor that today. I've been buying stuff a little bit at a time so it hurts the wallet less. I know this will eventually pay for itself, as I won't be getting killed with whatever the taxman decides to tack on to "legalized" MJ Thanks blablaks!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom