20 days soil is still wet

When I transplant, I mix my soil in a five gallon bucket or a big laundry tote and mix in water for an evenly moist soil, hit the roots with mycos and drop in. I transplant a day after watering so the plant is already moist and easier to get out of the pot rather than being on the dry side and crumbly. Then just a little bit of water on the middle of the plant to settle her in. I don’t experience transplant shock, if anything they absolutely love the extra room immediately. Leave the plant alone, I know it’s difficult, but let her do her thing underground searching for moisture. Usually, a good week to ten days and she’s ready for a feeding. The big fans will droop slightly rather than raised which is a good indicator. Also, I just use my finger(side of smart pot) to check moisture a few inches down, those meters are worthless. Most of the time, I just know when there due for a feeding or splash. :yummy:

meters are worthless
Depends on how you use them. Don't stick them all the way to the bottom or you'll get a false reading. I stick it about half way to 2/3 of the way down in the soil and try a couple of places and I get an accurate reading. Works for me. To each his own opinion. So far I've taken four auto grows to maturity and have been very happy. This is, after all, a weed.

Back
Top Bottom