20 days soil is still wet

aziz

i watered 20 days ago until runoff, my plants are in 10l pots, soil and perlite, 300w led light, the plants are big, yet the soil is still wet... i followed watering tequniches that were recommanded me on this forum, absolutly useless tho, good way to stunt plants....

Um
Ok

Something is wrong

20days

Good way to kill a plant

Did u do the weight dry vs watered technique
yes, not my fault, i followed a guide that was recommanded to me, but only now i realize how stupid it is, why would anyone water until runoff? unless the plants is very big and has a root system that covers every inch of soil in the pot, all it does is slow down growth

That means your soil tilth isnt right.
Which is the whole problem with watering in the first place.
If you do a LOS No-till then then you have at least 30% of the soil a mixture of Pumice, Precharged biochar and Rice Hulls and then add a cover crop for the roots plus worms and if done properly you will have a soil tilth if your in fabric pots where you will need to water basically every day or occasionally two days.
If you are bottle feeding in regular soil then that soil should be in fabric pots and have at least 30% aeration.

You need to water until runoff to make sure you dont have dry spots in soil, especially if that soil is largely coco or peat moss which will be hydrophobic if it is allowed to dry out.
In fact you should always use Yucca extract in the water to help the soil absorb the water.

No one said wait 20 days

What size pot?

Soil I assume

And u always water till 10-20% run off to flush salts out
if i don't wait 10 days i'll drown them. yes i watered once until run off, then i saw it takes so long to dry, and i stopped

That means your soil tilth isnt right.
Which is the whole problem with watering in the first place.
If you do a LOS No-till then then you have at least 30% of the soil a mixture of Pumice, Precharged biochar and Rice Hulls and then add a cover crop for the roots plus worms and if done properly you will have a soil tilth if your in fabric pots where you will need to water basically every day or occasionally two days.
If you are bottle feeding in regular soil then that soil should be in fabric pots and have at least 30% aeration.

You need to water until runoff to make sure you dont have dry spots in soil, especially if that soil is largely coco or peat moss which will be hydrophobic if it is allowed to dry out.
In fact you should always use Yucca extract in the water to help the soil absorb the water.
i know many people who grow in just regular soil and don't use all these complicated things you mentioned, i'm sure they can improve yield, but regular soil with perlite and bottled nutes usually works fine.... none of the growers i know had issues, but they never water until runoff,

i know many people who grow in just regular soil and don't use all these complicated things you mentioned, i'm sure they can improve yield, but regular soil with perlite and bottled nutes usually works fine.... none of the growers i know had issues, but they never water until runoff,
Highly unlikely.

Good luck to you

And its growing in a 100 quadrillion zillion size pot called Earth.
ok, and? if you have good soil, and you bottle feed, what does the plant exacly lack? and why do many people who grow with soil without fancy stuff achive good results? i'm not looking for massive yields, 1g/W is enough for me

besides i don't get how that could help me with my overwatering issue

20 days in a 10L pot is ridiculous the environment that is ideal to grow cannabis in would have that pot dried out in 20 days without a plant in it using moisture from the soil. You need to look at every aspect of your setup. @Nunyabiz is right I personally have a copy of true living organics and am reading my way through it the concept is real and it works. Post some pics and be open to new ideas or you will never solve your problem.
GoodLuck
Happy 420!!
:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom