2009 - Medical Marijuana in North Carolina

It's in Judiciary II now. No clue if anyone knows it's status other than them.
I don't think it's legal or ethical to lobby a states judiciary is it? :ganjamon:

great post, very interesting... its too bad the political process is so slow. and with all the BS and crazies out there someone is always making a scene to slow the process even more

just joined today.is there anything i can do to join the cause? i mean anything helpful .here in nc its just dog eat dog or a rat race that im not part of.i mean from street level all the way to the top level .i am ashamed of the way common people are treated for a plant that was gods gift here in the so called bible belt.had to say that.but really what can i do,whithout the least amount of publicity?:thanks:

i am new to this site ,but for the wrong reasons.wanted grow advise to start with, but now its on . live in nc .is there anything a poor guy can do to help out.please respond with the right kind of answers.

High diggler :welcome:

There's no wrong reason to be among friends ;)

Personally, I write respectful letters to my Congressman and Senators on the federal level and also on the state level. I attend ralleys (we had a great one here in Raleigh for the Million MJ march).

Network with other activists.

Most importantly help spread Cannabis awareness to the masses. The more people that learn it's just a plant, it's non-toxic, and relatively harmless for adults - the sooner we'll see the change we deserve.

That's why I'm here at 420 Magazine all the time; we get 20 some new members a days and it's yet another chance to help w/the cause.

Hey Soniq420, seen you on NCCPN, been trying to fire up over there to get info out, but it's pretty dead over there, what gives? They don't seem to update much over there....

Hey Soniq420, seen you on NCCPN

I deny it ;)

Kidding, yeah I made one post one time to try to get an update on this bill since they were in large part behind getting this thing into action.

Didn't get a reply.

It's like the discussion about this bill has gone into the secret bunker where Dick Cheney lives ;)

Soniq420, yeah NCCPN is like dead.....Jean never has any updates that have any substance, it's always we're doing this, we're doing that...but never results of the this and that...know what I mean? Any way how is Raleigh? lived there for 5 years, man i'm glad to be out of that place...

I like Raleigh pretty well; but it's not California ;)

We've got decrim-light. Anything below 1/2 oZ is a traffic ticket.

Police seem to be reasonably tolerant; didn't bother anyone at the Global March.

Wasn't too cool they just snuck threw a 1% sales tax increase with no discussion but other wise not a bad place to live.

yeah, out here in Asheville it's pretty laid back...I'll take the mountains over Raleigh any day :)

Anybody have any updates on the situation here in North Carolina?

Up until this point it didn't matter to me. My father has several disabilities that require Marijuana to treat but even if this law passed he would not have taken advantage of it out of fear of the FBI swooping in and overriding state law and arresting him.

But now with Obama's new policy in effect the time has come to move forward with this campaign.

:focus:

Lol soniq. You are crazy. There was a strong movement for a second and then it all just shut down. Im sure waiting on an update. I thought they had a refferendum to add it to the ballot this year?

I haven't heard about a referrendum, I know about HB 1380 and 1383 and I do check the MPP website and the bill's sponsors site and there hasn't been an update since July

It did feel like we had some momentum, but I suspect the good ol' boys agreed to bottle it up.

Well it's never too late to open this cold case back up.

Anybody with experience have any recommendations on where to start? I'm up for anything and I have a fairly large network of friends and family that feel the same way.

The bill hasnt been passed yet. I guess we will just have to wait it out. I feel if we let this momentum die down, we will never get this close again. I dont know how it is everywhere else, but theres a serious drought hitting here. No regs and No exotic. Its getting really crazy

Back
Top Bottom