21 days into flowering

Supernaut

...and I had to chop a plant.

I was heartbroken to chop it down because it was one of my favorites. Not wanting it to go to waste, I decided to treat it like a real harvest. I figured I could learn a bit about drying and what not since this is my first time.

So...

I hung it for a day then cut the fan leaves off.

I let it hang another day and cut each branch off and trimmed all leaves.

I hung each branch upside down for 3 more days, which brings us to today. The stems don't break when bent, but they crease over kind of like a kink in a hose. For a real harvest, I'm guessing they would need more time but these buds are very light and airy and are dry already. I am forgoing an attempt at curing this time.

I looked at a few different buds under a 100x microscope. I could see what looked to me to be very small tricomes, nothing like you see in a mature bud and not as densely packed, but to my educated yet inexperienced eye, they looked like trics.

I decided to try some out to see if it would be remotely viable for use even though it was so premature. I thought it would taste very grassy and wouldn't do anything. To my surprise the flavor was very subtle, hardly noticeable but not grassy at all. I felt effects from it as well; nothing intense, no pain relief, no eye droop or couch lock, just an uplifted/light buzz.

Question #1 - When drying flowers that are grown to maturity, should the stem actually break when bent or just not be very pliable? You can bend them into a triangle but not into a circle, if you know what I mean.

Question #2 - Have you ever tried using the flowers on a plant you had to chop down early? If so, how many days into flowering was it? How was the taste and smell? If there was a buzz from it, what was it like?

Re: 21 days into flowering...

Hey supernaut Hows things man?

Answer to question1: If you want the weed to be dried better obviously wait until they not only break but make a cracking sound. If it snaps nice then cure it to bring the moisture out of the middle and be even again then dry half a day then half in the jar. It'l be ready very soon after that and it will be cured a lot nicer. Properly cured bud smokes better burns better, is more potent and smells the s**t!!

Question2: Ive tried flowers at all stages, I used to get giddy and cut them mega early when i was young. Young ones are OK but thats all, they not as bad if you dry them properly, they smoke nice. But unless they need coming off, leave them on they make nice hash at the end the small popcorn buds. Or take them off to sample the bud and feed the urge lol. Taking off lower buds "apparently" gives more power to the top, personaly I think it does a bit, but its all entirely up to the grower and all ways are fun and part of the learning. :thumb:

Hope this helps, peace man:peace:

Oh nooooo! I feel your pain! My first grow was in flower and my fucking cat got stuck in the basement. He jumped on top of my freezer box grow and the light fell and broke all the branches off my plant. Luckily I had some clones already going or I would have been straight fucked lol now my 4 ladies are on day 21 in bloom and are looking way better than the first attempt lol which is how I found your post (searching info)
I hope you try round two!!! Oh and why did you have to chop yours if I may ask?

Oh nooooo! I feel your pain! My first grow was in flower and my fucking cat got stuck in the basement. He jumped on top of my freezer box grow and the light fell and broke all the branches off my plant. Luckily I had some clones already going or I would have been straight fucked lol now my 4 ladies are on day 21 in bloom and are looking way better than the first attempt lol which is how I found your post (searching info)
Ya

Sooooooooo

9yr old thread

Pretty sure they died in the Cannabis Wars of 2012

Our cat came in my room when I had the door open. Fortunately all he did was walk around. I think he enjoyed the warmth in my tent. Keeps coming into my room when I am in there. To the OP, were it me I would look at making some butter. You can always add a bit here and there to dinner dishes. My wife had some on her Kraft dinner. Says you can't really taste it.
20200112_111902-1-jpg.2027215

Back
Top Bottom