Humidity control packets question!

NorCAKnowYourGrow

I’m not saying the brand because I don’t think we can.

But here is my question...do you dry as much as you normally would? Or can the packs take you down to the right humidity once dried for a few days and past the grassy smell?

It’s best to dry it to around 62% then jar it. You can add boveda packs to maintain moisture.

i assume 62% is when the stems bend slightly before snapping? I have a hard time knowing they’re ready to jar up.

boveda 62% is what I have. I’ve dried an earlier harvest too much and the packets couldn’t bring it back up to 62% so I don’t want to go too far again.

I dry until stems start to snap instead of bend, then I jar them with a humidipak. I use the boveda 62% packs, and they've been a bud saver. Some of my earlier harvests were jarred up without one, and they molded. Haven't had that problem since using them. The biggest problem might be long term storage, since I don't have any lower humidity packs, so I use a 62% or nothing. Though my bud doesn't usually last long term, so it's not much of a problem.

A cheap humidity reader would be useful if you can find some. Otherwise, I'd recommend a humidipak over none, though it really depends on your own knowledge and confidence.

You can get cheap reptile humidistat on amazon. load half a jar of buds with a humidistat and take a reading a few hours after.
That makes sense. I have a ton of little hygrometers. Put them in every jar. Never dawned on me to test it out with just a few buds. Duh! I always have it in my mind that it's time to trim and jar it ALL... Silly.

Back
Top Bottom