Curing

Leugim

Hey guys,
Any suggestions on how to best cure your buds. I have been curing mine in mason jars for about a week, opening them for about 15 minutes once a day at a humidity of 63%.
The first few days it was fragrant, but now I’m noticing more of a grassy smell.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

2C952814-28CB-4E7E-BA54-2ECB45BEBEF2.jpeg

That happens. Keep going for a few more weeks, opening less and less to maintain that 62% RH sweet spot. It should go away.

You have any Boveda, or similar, packs to use?

Thanks
Yes I have a pack on each one. Sometimes they go up to 65. For the most part between 60-65.
Keep opening them for about 15 minutes a day? Two months?

Shouldn’t take that long, about another week or two and you can jump to every other day, then once a week etc. The grassy smell should dissipate slowly, it doesn’t seem right at the moment perhaps but in a month or two you should have some really good produce.
Cool cool cool...
I thought I had to open them every day for both months.

5 days
It was a small crop, just one plant. I waited till I could snap the branches when bent. I figured with a micro grow the numbers wouldn’t be the same as suggested.

That probably explains the grassy smell. I'd burp them twice a day for a week and then once a day for another week, and then seal them for the cure. It take a while for the bulk of the chlorophyll to burn off, which is what the grassy smell is.

I don't seal mine for curing until they've been off the plant for three weeks total (hang dry and burping time combined). Then they don't get opened again for at least 2-3 weeks of curing. And as 013 said, longer is better!

So keep opening twice a day for a few minutes another week, then once for another week. Then keep ‘em close for 2-3 weeks.
Got it!
Opening my jars asap .

Back
Top Bottom