22 and counting

Jackalope

Tahoe Og is selfed dried F*#King incredible. Early on this plant showed good traits. Other then all Tahoe being pretty strong I did know for sure how strong this one would be. Mostly it was more practice at selfing plants so when I really have to do it I knew what I was doing. Won't be needing to make any more female Tahoe's. This one is stronger then any of the others I have grown.................................
As of now I have found 22 seeds all mature. About a ounce and a half to go through looking for more seeds. In the end I will have a 100 or so. All I will ever need of this one. The major up side this time is that I have a lot a really good weed to smoke. No immature seeds at all and not 1000s of seeds I will never be able to use. Normally I do not consider a seed plant as a smoker. This time I needed the smoke and got very lucky. If I could do it this way every time I would be happy as hell.

A picture is worth a thousand words
thumbnail_0131181121.jpg

My first female seeds were a mile maker for me. For more reasons then one. I do not always have space for mother plants. The ability to self great plants as they show up protects my investments. While I don't always love the new strains I thought I would like. Some times I find exactly what I thought I would. In these situations I either need to Mother, Self, or buy new seeds. When you buy new seeds you never know if out will get that perfect plant again. Regeneration is hit or miss with some strains. To date I have lost 2 great plants this way. JTR and Headband I found that perfect plant and lost them. Selfing and hybridize of these strain didn't work. I lost the one plant they bred the strain to do. The amounts of crystal, flavor, and smell in these special plants is noticeable. I'm hoping with practice I can avoid loosing genetics in the future.

Do you see much variation when you grow out multiple seeds of a selfed hybrid like that?

I have not grown out my selfed seeds yet. I have worked with other female seeds made from selfed plants. I do notice some variances. From what I have been told about 50% of the seeds from a selfed plant will be like the parent. The other 50% will vary some, one way or the other as with most hybrids. Selfing is still not as good as mother plants and cloning. For people with no room for mother plants this may be the only option. I always grow from seed and this is the best way for me.

For people with no room for mother plants this may be the only option.

I've kept mini-mothers in containers as small as... Solo cups. Sure, they were incapable of producing many cuttings at any one time - but if the objective (as it was, in my case) is merely to keep the strain and phenotype alive from one grow to the next, or even several grows down the line, it can be a viable thing. And such small plants do not require much in the way of nutrients, water, or light. One must still take care to keep the number of uninterrupted hours of darkness down below the minimum threshold for flowering, of course. But that is (generally) no big thing.

Obviously won't work for auto-flowering strains. And there's much to be said for the ability to produce - and store - many seeds from a plant that one is especially fond of.

BtW, when I first saw this thread's title, I assumed that you were talking about the number of strains in your personal catalog, lol, and I clicked on it in order to see if we have any of the same ones. Given the large number of strains extant, I suppose it's somewhat unlikely, but I was curious.

The amount of strains I have is more like 122. Not sure the exact number right now. It is a bit of a problem with me. Not sure if I am a collector or a hoarder lol. To many to list but I got a pic you might be able to notice a few in. Pretty sure I had a order show up since that picture. So maybe it is more like a obsession.
beans8.jpg

Uhh... Err... What am I trying to say? Oh yeah, now I remember. ":jawdropper:!!!"

Hey, can I come be your friend, lol? I gots mad skillz.

Okay, I don't, really. But I can wash dishes and stuff ;) .

I'm really impressed. I've got "several" strains, but mostly one or two seeds of each, and of uncertain age/quality/etc., as the majority have been given to me over time from private individuals.

I hope you get to grow at least some of each and every one of those strains before the ride is over.

Always trying different ones. I have been collecting strains for a long time to get that many. Yes I have a lot of single freebies. Hey they count. I also know a breeder which most people don't. Speaking of age. I am growing a Peak Skunkberry that is from around 2002. ( One of the 2 was a female.) Nothing wrong with old. Next month I will be starting a Double Sour Purple Kush. I can find no info on this hybrid though it is supposed to be from the original Purple Kush. Lots have boasted that fact. We shall see. 1 thing I have learned through all these years is you just never know tell you grow it yourself. Cup winners have fallen short while little known strains that have been around for years have proven to be excellent. Hard to get to them all when new ones keep showing up LOL.

Back
Top Bottom