24/0

I like to give them 4 hours of darkness
It got too cold in my attic so I just went with 24/0 with a seedling, a cutting and a reveg (dang, we might have a joke here)
and I really do not see any difference in what I had when I flipped from previous grows.
"It's been established for many many many years now that cannabis is a C3 plant. It does not need a dark period.

C3 plants gather CO2 only during the light period when they are photosynthesizing. As long as the light is on, C3 plants gather and use CO2 for photosynthesis.

Some growers practice a version of anthropomorphism with their plants. They believe that since people need rest, plants do as well. Concerning cannabis, this is not true.

Every grower can make a personal choice about light cycle. They can save on their electric bill or prolong ballast/bulb life. 18/6 can be less of a "shock" when changing over to 12/12 for flowering than 24/0 or heat issues can be addressed by fewer hours of light, but basic botany has proven long ago that cannabis needs no dark period.

Ed Rosenthal, Mel Frank and Robert Clarke all have covered this extensively over their careers."
They do get bigger, quicker, in my very unscientific opinion.
The C3 stuff is familiar from my agronomy classes.

Also these are the cuttings I have ..... how do they look just today if you see one of the pictures one of the leaves are curling what does that mean isit because another leaf from under is growing or ?

Attachments

• 20200319_183556.jpg
    20200319_183556.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200319_183553.jpg
    20200319_183553.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200319_183549.jpg
    20200319_183549.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
My personal experience (a grow about 1 year ago) plus this current one makes me believe that C3 plants like weed do not need "sleep" just like Ed Rosenthal has said for years.
This current grow of mine that I vegged 24/0 has made me conclude that Ed is correct (as well as my Agronomy textbooks) and I'm sticking with it.
What you do is your choice of course :thumb:

But the leads that are curling why is that... that's never happend to me ....... so is there something wrong or can the plant die .... and the leafs are curling

Attachments

• 20200320_222125.jpg
    20200320_222125.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200320_222118.jpg
    20200320_222118.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 23
But the leads that are curling why is that... that's never happend to me ....... so is there something wrong or can the plant die .... and the leafs are curling
To tell you the truth I do not know. In fact, to me, they look fine. Is the new growth doing the same or can you see a definite point where new growth stopped doing it?
As long as new growth looks strong I don't worry about older leaves when it's that young. The only thing I do see is a big need to re-pot soon. I bet the roots are already circling. That might even be your issue and what you are seeing is what I'm seeing as a need to get them in a bigger pot. The way the leaves look, look like they do when root-bound . . . maybe.
I use homemade landscape fabric bags myself so there is that option if money is tight. Even old Levis work. Fabric does seem to prevent root circling as opposed to plastic pots.
Perhaps there is something else there; you are receiving the quality of advice you are paying for; I grow GG#4 and it would put former Rep. Katie Hill on her pretty ass.
I'll try to post a pic of mine sometime tonight

Here is my 3 GG#4's. Right one is a revegg of a clone I grew the previous time. The middle one is a clone of that. They are Indica leaners with the prerequisite chunky sticky buds. The other seeds in the 5 pack were all Sativa leaners; 2 were absolute twisted genetic junk. One grew nice long Sativa colas and the other one I scrogged but were not cloned. The seeds were from a 420 sponsor and I will not name them for many reasons. The left one is a seed from Quebec Cannabis Seeds (not a 420 sponsor) and it looks much different than the crap seed broker's so who knows? Maybe a nice surprise.
agg4a.jpg

here is the grow the middle and the far right came from
gg4c.jpg

I did not clone the long cola ones but the one on the right side of the picture (not a good shot unfortunately)

That looks good....
....... still got mine on 24/0....
Just thought they need resting time for them to grow.... but others say for them to grow you need to give them darkness

The textbooks and Ed Rosenthal, Mel Frank and Robert Clarke all say cannabis is a C3 which does not need a "resting period".
I'm going with them.
I've verified it twice with a grow in between (all 3 grows were with the mother plant and/or her clones) to my satisfaction so I'm sticking with 24/0 then a 12/12 without the silly creeping up on it.
Even the so-called "stretch" that some claim will result was not there (that one I knew wasn't going to be present BTW)
But it really is your choice what to do (never rely on weed forum advice; do your own research) and 18/6 isn't going to hurt anything.

My personal experience (a grow about 1 year ago) plus this current one makes me believe that C3 plants like weed do not need "sleep" just like Ed Rosenthal has said for years.
This current grow of mine that I vegged 24/0 has made me conclude that Ed is correct (as well as my Agronomy textbooks) and I'm sticking with it.
What you do is your choice of course :thumb:

I usually run 24/0 for clones and very early veg, then switch to 18/6 for veg, then 12/12 flower.

I have noticed with 24/0 the plants (that I tested through veg) would grow slower but wider and not as tall.

I wonder if certain photo strains may like 24/0 better than different times....??

For now I myself will stick to 18/6 for veg.

All I know is the textbooks fully explain C3's.
Guys with PhDs after their names write these textbooks, the "Greats" of weed growing agree with them and I can not see a difference other than slower growth with 18/6 vs. 24/0.
But your experience is yours and I will never try to talk anybody out of what works for them.

It got too cold in my attic so I just went with 24/0 with a seedling, a cutting and a reveg (dang, we might have a joke here)
and I really do not see any difference in what I had when I flipped from previous grows.
"It's been established for many many many years now that cannabis is a C3 plant. It does not need a dark period.

C3 plants gather CO2 only during the light period when they are photosynthesizing. As long as the light is on, C3 plants gather and use CO2 for photosynthesis.

Some growers practice a version of anthropomorphism with their plants. They believe that since people need rest, plants do as well. Concerning cannabis, this is not true.

Every grower can make a personal choice about light cycle. They can save on their electric bill or prolong ballast/bulb life. 18/6 can be less of a "shock" when changing over to 12/12 for flowering than 24/0 or heat issues can be addressed by fewer hours of light, but basic botany has proven long ago that cannabis needs no dark period.

Ed Rosenthal, Mel Frank and Robert Clarke all have covered this extensively over their careers."
They do get bigger, quicker, in my very unscientific opinion.
The C3 stuff is familiar from my agronomy classes.

Preach!

Back
Top Bottom