24 hrs or 18 hrs?

Fifibobo

Am growing 2 Medusa plants. They are 3 weeks old, and about 9 inches tall. I lost 2 to Nute burn in the 2nd week. They are on 24hrs light, and was going to carry on with this, but have read numerous posts about giving some dark period during the veg stage. Can anyone advise what I should be doing? Also, is it advantageous to spray carbonated spring water onto the leaves at start of dark period? Have uploaded some photos, taken 1 week apart. Does everything look ok to you guys? Thanks for any help in advance.

17-7-2006_Medusa3.jpg

17-7-2006_Medusa2.jpg

17-7-2006_Medusa1.jpg

10-7-2006_Medusa2.jpg

10-7-2006_Medusa1.jpg

Looks pretty good. I've had my plants of 24hrs of light since the 3rd week. They are doing great. Pics in my gallery if you wanna check it out. I didn't notice a difference between 24/0 and 18/6. They seem to do well at both.

Cheers, will just keep the 24hrs of light going. Seems to be working fine & dandy as it is - just curious as to whether any dark required.

Thanks for the info - any suggestions on the carbonated spring water? Was told it used the CO2 during dark period.

InYourEndo said:
not to contradict what was already said but plants do need a rest period. most of the real growth of a plant will occur during the dark cycle..... thats when theres more root growth and more veggitative growth as well.... just like humans sleep cannibus does that too... usually i start seedlings on a 24/7 regime then about 3 weeks in switch to 18/6 for 3 weeks then its into flower. your going to hear conflicting answers on this one... so i split it in half... i also do the same thing for the flowering period.... i will do 12/12 for about 6-7 weeks.. and when the hairs start to turn brown i will reduce the light back to 10/14 for about 2 weeks and then the last week or so i will go 8/16 you wouldnt belive the growth that happens when the lights are off.... i have one plant right now (jock horror) that i didnt think was going to do much at all and bud growth had slowed considerably, when i turned back the light cycle and lengthend the dark cycle the thing exploded..... its amazing... ill have pics up later.... check out my one fierce weed coaster... for the b4 pics... ill have after pics tonight or tomarrow morning...

good luck

endo
i think i'll try ur light cycle..:allgood:

I have been growing pot indoors for 15 years and have always used a 24/0 cycle during veg. They grow fastest that way.
I've tinkered a lot with light cycles, trying to find out what is best. I have the best results during flowering using a 13/11 cycle.

Back
Top Bottom