2 Holy Grail Kush plants of mine have herm`d on me :(

poconogro12

Really under no identifiable stress that I am aware of. Temps in the 12 hrs of darkness around 76 degrees, and no more than 82 degrees during their light period. Have not over fed, over or under watered. I`m at a loss as to why this could have occurred. Discovered the pollen sacs tonight and are visible on the bottom third of the plant.one little poke and pollen dropped out of the sac I touched..they will be 30 days flower on 7/25

I have the ability to let them finish outdoors on some private property where I am 100% certain they will remain safe from detection and /or theft. Looking for some opinions here. Should i just scrap them or put them outdoors?

Also wondering what anyones thoughts are on the clippings i have taken from these 2 plants. They are well on their way themselves and will go to the flower box in another month to 6 weeks max. What are the chances that these bitches will also herm out?

Thank you in advance..

Yea keep them, just keep plucking balls before they pollenate your plant and outdoors is better than indoors so id do that but daily check and pluck

Appreciate the input. I did a bit research and have concluded that the most likely reason for this to have occurred was a light leak.
I had recently done some work on my box and failed to check for any leaks. When I read about light leaks being a possible factor I checked and sure enough there was a significant leak from where i removed a 4` T-5 system that I had installed in the wall of my flower box to supplement under growth. I decided to remove the light it as it was contributing to high temps and drying out my medium quickly.
haha..gaping hole 4'x2' with about 8 inches space to the wall it is set against. In the morning when my veg lights started up the light was making it into the box at the exact height where the pods started showing up at. Problem corrected in the box. No further evidence of other plants showing 2 sex, but I should have removed all others prior to pulling the to HGK plants as some pollen did fall as I was removing them.
I am unable to check and pluck any sew pods/sacs daily, but did read that any female plants that herms will produce 100% female seeds..not sure if that is accurate. If it is accurate I will have a bunch this fall..lol
peace out

Light leakage is the main problem here, but as to plucking of the 'balls' ..that don't work! you are fighting your plant, thats never good, better to be rid of the most advanced Herms, and attempt to regain control of the plants by using a correct light schedule
.. this "...they will be 30 days flower on 7/25 " is suspect too.
Wait for an extended period before moving as they will still have to fight / adjust to the 'natural' light levels outside.

Once this grow is complete ensure to wash down with water and 5% bleach solution your grow room, in an attempt to remove ALL traces of pollen.

peace
"V"

Not sure where you got your HGK at, but I had the same experience with my Holy Grail OG... I ran 2 and gave a clone to a very very experienced grower buddy of mine... Both of my plants hermied as well as my buddies. I am not sure if Holy Grail OG and Holy Grail Kush are the same, but it may be a hermie trait in the genetics... ? ?? not too sure, but I had this happen with my Holy Grail OG's...

Back
Top Bottom