2x250 HPS enough?

invi

Hiho All!

I'm thinking about starting a grow, and was wondering if 2x250W of HPS would be enough (for about a square meter or so)?
I really loved what magic 2 light sources could do (instead of one) with my last grow, but am not sure if 250W could be enough. I remember reading something about under 400W the light is simply not enough and i'm not sure how this would work with 2 sources.

Anyone tried something similar? Is 1m2 too much, or 250W is simply not enough because of penetration or whatever reasons? Help would be appreciated.

Last time i used 2x400W, and had a really great harvest, but now i would like to use less space and train them a bit better then previously.

:riskybusiness:

Your thread is very informative and clean - seems it's worth to check back on these forums once in a while :)
I was just looking for such a frequency list for LEDs anyway. Are the right frequencies and ratios industry secret still?
Would love to build a LED light one day.

Thanks for the quick help!!

At 1 m/2 you are looking at a total of around 57,000 lumens, should be more than enough for a good grow, but you could just bump up to one 600w hps and jump up to around 91.000 lumens, I know there are other factors but for 100 watts and an added 34,000 lumens would cover the area like the sun 10,000 lumens per s/ft. Peace OG

Back
Top Bottom