3 leafed MUTANT?

grow virgin

please help. i'm new to this hobby but love it already. i have 2 x 8 week old babies. thing is, they only have 3 leafs all over on both plants and just aint giving off that aroma. they have lil buds all over them. dont know what their called either. they just look un natural to normal ones. starting to look healthy tho. can anyone give me any advice? am a bit stumped. thanks.

not nesscery stress afgany strains have three prong leaflets hope it helps

Sounds like mine.

Un named seeds from a SoFla grow and they weren't hermi's, got 3 Fems and 1 male. All had 3 bladed leaves. Indica for sure.

No smell till the last couple weeks of flower. Mother plants are covered with pre-flowers/bud sites.

Keep some clones, 3 hits is the max I can handle from this stuff.

I've been running it about a year and it's great. No need for odor control and super potent to boot.

Wish I knew the name of the strain though. LOL

DD

Not mine anyway. Have some in flower right now and even the little 'sugar' leaves on the buds are 3 bladed.

And not 3 blades with 2 small blades at the base of the leaf, but just 3 big blades.

In over 20 years I have not seen anything like it. More than a few of the Maple Leaf type with 3 big blades and 2 small at the stem portion.

I would agree with the mutant theory if all the seeds/plants hadn't been the same leaf type.

DD

I had a second generation Leathal Purple that did that. Like Droopy said above, it was KILLER smoke. We drove around for hours in circles trying to find our exit. Long story short that shit really messed with our minds. that was when I was A hard core smoker too. I never thought at the time to clone her. she is lost to us all.

I had a waterfarm bucket that I put into 12/12 until it showed flower, but the plant was too spindley to flower... so I put it back into veg to take clones off of it. I thought it was a mutant at first, because it had 3 leaves all over it, but I found some pictures of plants people had re-vegged, and it was the same way in the pictures.

It's in my gallery pics on my thread. I laid the plant over 90 degrees, and let it veg up a lot on the bottom branches, and took clones from them. I wound up with roots showing in 2 days on the perilite/verm mix DWC, and 4 days in the rockwool DWC. I'm moving them all over to perilite/verm DWC now.. I think the rockwool is too tough for it to push out of. I've noticed the ones that did root in it, pushed out the sides of the block, not the bottom.

I had a second generation Leathal Purple that did that. Like Droopy said above, it was KILLER smoke. We drove around for hours in circles trying to find our exit. Long story short that shit really messed with our minds. that was when I was A hard core smoker too. I never thought at the time to clone her. she is lost to us all.

Thanks!

That is the first name I have ever heard attached to this.

I was given some seeds by a friend of my son's who just deals with high end grows. Put them away and forgot about them for months, working on my veggie garden.

Finally sprouted them just to see if I could and to shut my son up. LOL I haven't grown MJ in years. Also, wanted to see if my cloning skills were still intact.

To tell the truth, I was less than impressed because of the lack of smell. I could tell they were pure or nearly pure Indica, but the last Indica I grew (Williams Wonder), was the stinkiest weed I have ever seen. Figured it would be a no high grow, but took some clones and put them under 18/6 'just in case'. Had an extra shop light, so I wasn't out any $$$ if the plant was a bust. Plus, they just looked weird with those 3 bladed leaves. LOL Grew great though, very vigorous.

Anyway, long story, longer, by now it's late July and I let the plants bud out. WOW!!!!! 3 hits and you couldn't move! Nice deep green. I had taken some more clones and put them out late Aug. They finished in the cold and turned a deep purple. Pretty, but no diff in smell or potency.

I got back into growing. LOL Perfect plant for me. Short, bushy, no need for expensive odor control and 3 hits will put you in a coma. I usually only do 2. Like I said, perfect.

DD

Just to point out.. Turpines/Flavenoid production is based on particular genes, which is independent of the THC production genes, studies have shown. So.. stinky does not equate better, nor the inverse.

I remember when I was a kid, we all thought it was the resin that got you blazed and quite often, the high-end stuff anymore has very little of it... at least mine did.

Back
Top Bottom