3 leaves on a clone that has been outside

Newgrower2022

We have an Acapulco Gold clone that is 4 months old on the 20th and she has 3 leaves everywhere she is outside in a 30 gal pot. Any idea why its 3 not 5. She is the only one out of 5 that have 3 leaves from the same mother plant
FB_IMG_1657234967586.jpg
FB_IMG_1657234962514.jpg

Interesting question for an interesting looking plant.

I think that you are calling them 3 leaves when it is one leaf with 3 fingers instead of the more common 5 finger leaf. What makes it interesting is that it does indeed look like every leaf on the plant is a 3 finger. I do see a 5 finger leaf laying on the ground but that could have come from one of the other plants.

Any idea why its 3 not 5. She is the only one out of 5 that have 3 leaves from the same mother plant
My first two thoughts on the plant as soon as I saw the top photo was that it is not getting enough nutrients and/or water. If either one or both of those are going on it could be slowly starving. That was reinforced by the feeling that the plant was large for a container of that size. It might be why all the leaves are 3 finger.

Maybe when the cuttings were taken it was possible that the one that produced that particular clone had an abnormality in the growing tip and from then on every leaf on the cloned plant would have 3 fingers. It would be a fun side project to take a few cuttings from the plant and get them to root and once they start growing see if the new plant has 3 finger leaves only.

... outside in a 30 gal pot.
It does not look that large.

One other thing. Do you know what the white spots are on some of the leaves in the top photo. It looks like the plant might have been sprayed with water or something that had white powder in it or it could be the way the camera reacted to the patches of sunlight on the leaves. Bringing it up just in case those white areas are the start of a Powdery Mildew problem.

Taking clones from flowering is what causes my 3 bladed leaves and putting it back in Veg.
When you notice it in Veg, it usually takes 4 to 5 weeks to get the 5 blades again. (Indoors)
I have had some cuttings that only after they started to grow roots they would start going into a 'revegetating' stage. What was interesting was that there was no change in the light schedule. Even more interesting was that not all of the clones went into this revegetating stage even though they were cut from the same mother plant and cut on the same day, etc.

I've been trying to reveg these 4 for over a year...they just wont. The flowering system is localized, that's why diff cuts from same mom can react diff....but idk what happens to lock them into no-reveg state :(
Struggle is real, i work with males too and they do weird thing's too.

20220708_090203_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20220708_090141_copy_1612x1209.jpg

20220708_090124_copy_1209x1612.jpg

I've been trying to reveg these 4 for over a year...they just wont. The flowering system is localized, that's why diff cuts from same mom can react diff....but idk what happens to lock them into no-reveg state :(
Struggle is real, i work with males too and they do weird thing's too.

20220708_090203_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20220708_090141_copy_1612x1209.jpg

20220708_090124_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Man I wish I could grow like that. That’s just so awesome. Beautiful slice of the good life right there. Thanks for sharing.

NTH

I have had some cuttings that only after they started to grow roots they would start going into a 'revegetating' stage. What was interesting was that there was no change in the light schedule. Even more interesting was that not all of the clones went into this revegetating stage even though they were cut from the same mother plant and cut on the same day, etc.
Yeah, i cant totally figure it out.

All of my clones did it last year. Might be combo of high ppms, going back to veg.etc
Also, had it happen taking cuttings, putting in window seal until roots. Planted them and hard to bounce back but they did.

My light schedule has been the same last couple of grows, seems to be working.

Wish i had that yard @Mudballs . Really nice

a freak WW kept clone of clone (40th generation) 24/0hr and cfls for 11 years by my friend
It very seldom goes beyond 3 blades. Best pot I've smoked since I've been growing.
I just smoked one of my crosses with her and Sweet Tooth I'm calling Hounds Tooth o_O and I'm plenty hi.

week 2 flowering

very strange, these are the only 4 and 5 blades I've seen and it's the branch I'm spraying with STS/CS for seeds.

this outside one only has single blades :eek:

We have an Acapulco Gold clone that is 4 months old on the 20th and she has 3 leaves everywhere she is outside in a 30 gal pot. Any idea why its 3 not 5. She is the only one out of 5 that have 3 leaves from the same mother plant
FB_IMG_1657234967586.jpg
FB_IMG_1657234962514.jpg
No need to worry , I also have a three-leaf indica gorilla #4 clone that I started back in May out doors . Your plant looks more like a sativa with the skinny leaves .

IMG_20220809_124549.jpg

I know an old grower who told me cuttings taken from Mother plants already in the flowering stage will often produce 3 finger leaves. I have two clones that exhibit this. New to me since I've only grown from seed in the past.

Back
Top Bottom