30 small girls or 15 big girls

A2theP

I What to do soil grow 4x8 room 1000 w. HPS
I have 1 strain that are the clones iv taken off a mother plant i have from a bagseed grow
The other strain i will be growin is trainwreck i want to get the most yeild i can my light
cover my space pretty good any tips also if i do go small how long do i veg my clones
after they root and is 1 gallon buckets to small . I really need hhelp with the veg time
with the clones so if anyone has went small but more plants i wld really be thankful
for the tips.:slide::slide:

You left out the piece of info that to me would be the deciding factor. How tall is your room. IF it is tall enough you will get more yield by doing bigger pots and vegging longer. As far as vegging goes it really depends on the strain your growing. Some will double in height after being put into flower other strains can triple in height. So for bag seed that you dont know what it is going to do i would veg to 1/3 the grow height. Say you have 6 feet of grow space ( that is from the top of the pots to the closest a plant should be to the light @ the lights highest setting to the roof). You would veg to 2 feet and then flower. Now say you flowered that strain and it topped out at 4 feet, then next go around you can veg it to 3 feet and then flower. Hope this helps :peace:

Thanks this really helps i def, know what route to go
Made much better sence then what i thought i knew. Thanks for tip

I favor bigger pots and adequate vegging - depends on the strain.
My haze, I know grows 2.5 feet more after being switched to 12/12, so to fit under my lights mounted 6' high - the plant is switched to flower by the time its about 3.5/4 feet tall.

Then, depending on the strain - you only want enough plants as not to overcrowd. With experience with the same strain, you can plan for the space it will grow into in flower.

You want room on the side, or you lose weight. I find it is better to grow 2 large plants to its full potential (10 gallon pots, 6' tall) - you will get more yeild than 6 plants in 5 gallon pots (4' tall). Some strains are just not great yeilders, purple haze, thai - will always be lanky. Shape the plant to utilize the light foot print. I believe the larger the root ball, the larger the fruit.

Again, too many plants will cause problems, humid spots, lack of light penetration, more plants to check for mites and PM, etc.

a 4x8 foot room, I think will only flower adequately about 4 plants.

DN

Thanks let me ask. Is growing in soil using 5 gal pots the same as using
5 gal dwc buckets as far as room for roots or is a5 gal dwc bucket like usin a 10 gal
pot with soil cuz there is more room for roots with no soil like to get some tips on that
Thanks for ur reply everybody has been cool on this site.

not hydro here - but I have compared the harvest yields to root ball size - regardless of hydro or soil growth. So by rule of thumb - a five gallon root ball is similar or same. I have compared my 5 gallon soil harvest to a five gallon hydro - granted - hydro does offer the benefit of being 30% bigger in yield - it feeds and breathes more in hydro. But that does not exactly translate into weight - more buds, bigger buds means more weight.

I do a root ball autopsy after harvest - the ten gallon pot fully rooted, its one big solid mass of root, with very small pockets of soil left. I can hose this off and compare to hydro root balls.

But - is the 5 gallon hydro as good as a 10 gallon soil? I can grow trees in my soil set up, most of the hydro set up I see - grow bushes - because the root ball in a hydro is not as stable as one in a soil pot. I share and compete with a hydro grower, and he was not able to get the same yield as my 10 gallon pot in his 5 gallon hydro setup (DWC/aero)

Why not try inserting 1 plant in a soil pot into the room and do a side by side comparison?

DN

Yes good ideal i been growin bout 1 1/2 yrs and iv been tryin diff techni,
Havnt real stuck with one but iv been growin trainwreck cuz iv tried
diff grow plans my yeild hasnt been consist, do u no what the yeild is like on that strain
is it low or can u get alot from it

not sure on trainwreck - I grew Cheesewreck lol - that strain was a medium yielder - meaning about 3-5 ounces per plant (about 5' to 6' plant 10 gallon pots) Strains like Ghost Train Haze, Sleestack+skunk - are big yielders for the same amount of space and time. Purple haze, Uzbeckistan, Thai, are small yielders, they are trophy plants.

What you are doing is learning about the strain you have - and thus you need to start small to learn how big the plant grows with no constraints like overcrowding. After a couple of grows with the same strain, you will figure out how to maximize the potential of the plant. It is a waste of time trying to maximize yeilds on the trophy plants - genetically they are just small yeilders.

The seed banks and magazines are not helpful in determining yield size, its experience with that strain.

DN

fyi - this is about not just plant size, but light foot print - to adequately provide lumens to the plant you need the foot print to cover the space taken by the plants - I use two 600 watt air cooled lamps to cover the space of my 5x9 room (9ft ceiling) in flower the plant is more dense. You do not need a brighter flashlight, you need more flashlights to cover more floor space, get it? Your room might benefit from 2 - 600 watt lights, than 1 - 1000 watt light. (bigger light footprint, same amount of heat as 1 - 1000 watt light)

DN

1grower - exactly - the room overcrowded probably did not yield as much as 3-4 happy plants.

I have pulled plants out during flowering when I learned the strain was going to be too big - it was better to lose a plant count to gain more yield by happier plants not overcrowded.

all the rooms I saw that were crowded usually had mites or PM. all you need is one bad day...

DN

Back
Top Bottom