Need help! When should I top or how many nodes? For scrog

unfortunatly its not dimmable, getting a 6" silent fan next week so im hoping that solves the problem.

the faster i get my extractor the better!

looking at some co2 bags this morning, think they make a difference?

i forgot to ask, should i top them now? there 6 inches from base of soil, or should i just fim them?

top or fim is the question.

never fimmed before.

thanks.

IMG_20170531_115414.jpg
IMG_20170531_115425.jpg

You can top or fim them do both so you can see the difference.

Personally i like to fim.

Doesnt take as long to recover in my experience and you can end up with 3 or 4 main tops instead of just the 2 from topping.

But its all up to you.

As far as the co2 bags ive never used them.

I did notice a slight difference when i made my own with the yeast and sugar method.
But not enough to keep going through the process of making it.

Im interested in the co2 bags tho for sure i may get some to try myself.

for fim i just chop half the new leave shoots then about 1/2" above where i would top?

more shoots is going to be better for me as i want to fill as much as my net as i can, iv got plastic trellis, think that will be okay or should i buy fibre or string?

I know I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'm going to try scrogging my current grow. I have 7 girls at 28 days veg. I topped them once (got lucky with 2 fims),and they're looking good.

I have a 2.5x5x6 tent and a 2x4x5 tent. They really limit how tall my plants can grow. I have a 600w & 300w led for the big tent, and 2 300s in the small tent (which is also currently my veg tent).

My last crop stretched way too high, so I thought I'd use scrog for this grow, to keep my girls from growing too high & to increase yield.

I plan on using some reinforced mesh fencing with 2"x4" rectangles to weave through.

I'm hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew. This is my 4th grow, but only my second one using good genetics & proper lighting. My technique is definitely improving, b/c these babies are already bigger than anything I've done at 28 days.

Do you all think my 7 girls will fit in my space? I plan on putting 5 in the big tent (3 different sativa strains) & the 2 indicas in the small tent.

Back
Top Bottom