How long do I veg for scrog? 4x8 screen

HigherTheHigh

hello everyone!

like the title says im looking for info on starting my first scrog, putting 8 northern light plants in a 4x8 tent.

just wondering how long will i have to veg for?

how high should i have the screen above the pots?

i will be using coco/perlite 60/40 mix.

canna a&b, rhizotonic, pk, bud candy, cannazym & boost.

2 600w hps in 6" cool hoods.

i was planning on 2 weeks under cfl then 2 weeks under 600w hps & then switch them to flower (12/12).

do you think that 4 weeks veg time will be enough to eventually fill the whole screen up.

also my water ppm is around 70-107ppm.

thanks everyone!

I run a similar setup in some ways. About 4 x 8 of flowering space, under two 600s. I made 8 individual screens for the space though these days I do about 1/2 scrogged and half unscrogged.
I think you'll need to veg at least a couple months. Though you may get away with six weeks. I could be biased. I tend to overgrow my scrogs a little. I have a perpetual grow going on so there's always stuff coming and going. Reality is I never pay attention to how long I veg for. Some of them I'm sure are three months or more- but it seems like I'm spending 1/2 my time slowing them down in veg cause I'm waiting for a space to come up in the flowering room.

Leave as much room between pots and screen as you need in order to be able to work in there- trim and water. . I leave about 10-12".
If you're doing one huge screen you may want to make it higher so you can reach in the back (still is gonna be very difficult if not impossible with only one screen . )

i was thinking of individual screens as would be perfect for when flushing them.

i think i will veg for 4 weeks and post a pic on this thread and see peoples opinions are and another 2 weeks on top if need be.

yeah i think with using the hps you get a bit stretch while using them in veg dont you?

i think that will help and i might be able to put the screen at 14".

i was planning on using a auto feed system and i could of lowered the screen down to 10" and be able to cut down on veg time?

thanks weasel.

When all Bud sites are about 6-8 inches above the screen then switch to 12/12, so that could take 4-6 weeks to get them that high.

If your scrogging make sure to Top the plant once or even twice this way gives you more branches = more bud sites.. usually double the amount.

Look up topping to see what i am talking about.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

using the hps for veg should make them stretch a little should'nt it?

yeah i was going to top at 4/5th node then keep topping.
Yeah as the 600w far enough away will make them stretch but make sure they do not get a think lanky stock as big buds will break it if not tied, but u want thick stock for Big Buds.

Yeah 4/5th node is good and again top, so just top twice is good enough for most people, remember when ya top it will take a few days to a week to recover.

So do the second top and flip to flower as it will Veg anyways for the transistion period of about 1-2 weeks.

yeah i will, im giving them 24/7 light for the first 7 days to prevent stretching in the nodes.

so if i top them, then the day i switch to 12/12 i should top again, is that right?

thanks xobe

Yes top the first time like you said 4th or 5th node and wait for them to recover and if at 6-8 inches above the scrog screen.. top again and then... read below.

Top the second time and flip 12/12... they will stay in Veg anyways for the first 1-2 weeks as they transition to the flowering process, so perfect as the first 3-5 days they will recover from the topping.

Back
Top Bottom