Need help and advice on scrogging

First things first.
1) Start a journal in the journal section when you want to start your grow. There is a tutorial there that will show you how to setup a proper journal that will attract subscribers.
2) Have a ph & ppm meter, proper lights and proper dwc system before you even start.
3) After germ you can put the seeds in rock wool or soil. I used 3" soil pots and then rinsed the roots really well when I put them in the dwc.
4) When you put the plants in the dwc keep a water level about an inch and a half above the bottom of your pots and use ph'd water only. No nutes to start.
5) When the roots have grown out the bottom of the basket drop the water level to one inch below the pots.
6) Patience, patience, patience. Do not try to rush your grow. You'll have nothing but grief if you do.

Enough for now, we can get more detailed when your ready to pull the trigger....hope this helps.

thanks scrog! yeah sure, will be around 4 weeks when i start.
one last thing if you dont mind, what 8 pot system would you reccomend?
and am i still okay to use canna coco a+b? or do i have to change? just bought 2 5L drums for this grow im on now
thanks everyone!

what 8 pot system would you reccomend?

Not sure I could recommend any particular brand. 8 pots is going to be a big hydro garden. You want something that you can configure (square, linear, L shape, etc.) to work well in the space you have. 5 gallon pots, maybe 7 gallon. Have the right sized water pump and then go bigger. Same with air pump and stones. I'd want 1/2" lines on the pump side and probably 1.5"-2" on the return side. I'd put a drain valve on the return side to drain the nute water on res change days or a separate pump to pump it out. God, I love spending your money.lol.

am i still okay to use canna coco a+b? or do i have to change? just bought 2 5L drums for this grow im on now

I'll have to defer that question to someone else. If it were me I'd want nutes specific to a dwc system. I just don't know coco anything. Sorry. Maybe Weaselcracker or lootznbootz would have some thoughts on that.

Good choice going to scrog. It is the single best thing I have done since I started growing and now I've now done a handful of scrogs and am convinced it makes a massive difference to yield indoors.

Your veg time will be determined by how many plants you grow, the height of your screen and the grow conditions. But what you are aiming for really is to fill the scrog net with bud sites completely by around the end of the stretch in early flowering and this will mean training and tucking them under the screen up to this time. The problem with giving advice here is that every strain grows and stretches differently so you have to know your strain really.

Also some people say install your scrog screen up to 15 inches from the base of your plant. The thing here is that everything beneath that screen is going to end up underdeveloped because your canopy will be so dense not much light will get through so that's 15 inches of wasted growth. I prefer a lower screen around 8 inches so less wasted growth and time.

You can top, though in a scrog it is not 100% going to increase your yield because having a full canopy is the priority regardless of topping.

Ye once your seeds are germinated pop them in the rockwool cubes and keep them moist.

The length of your grow can only be adjusted in the veg stage. Flower period you can't change, it's determined by the strain. Most people flush in hydro a week or 2 sometimes 3.

Good luck bro. Remember to keep on top of pruning leaves too. Experiment and find out what works for you

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

lootz how long did your northern lights take to flower, iv got some that are starting there 7th week tomorrow, and there are still plenty of white pistols, do you have an idea on when you started your 2 week flush?
thanks

lootz how long did your northern lights take to flower, iv got some that are starting there 7th week tomorrow, and there are still plenty of white pistols, do you have an idea on when you started your 2 week flush?
thanks
My northern lights is doing the same thing spitting pistils.
and today starts week 8!
I plan on giving them overdrive for a week or 2 then flush for a week so ill be at 9 or 10 weeks.

I have to say that ive run this a couple times now ive cut it shorter and ive cut it longer but 10 weeks from flip seems to be right where i like my weed lol

Not So Rookie Anymore

there looking great lootz, what weight will you be expecting out of them? ill keep following your journal, what do you think of the overdrive?
think im only going to run canna a&b , boost and bud candy next time.

there looking great lootz, what weight will you be expecting out of them? ill keep following your journal, what do you think of the overdrive?
think im only going to run canna a&b , boost and bud candy next time.

Tbh i dont have the slightest clue as to what i might yield. Lol

I do think ill be surprised tho.

The buds are rock hard!

The scrog enabled me to get more evenly sized colas that are all equally dense. In a much smaller area as well.
So i cant really say what i think yield would be.
I havent really tried to guestimate it either i do think ill be surprised either way

I like overdrive the results are obvious.
It should be used only at the very end of flower when your SURE your near harvest.

i say that because as soon as you use it it the plant starts finishing up.
Its very strong stuff.
Unless you have a huge grow or a hydro system you really dont need the big 1L bottle.
Ive used it for bout 3 grows now and the bottle is practically full.
The shelf life will be over before i get anywhere near using a 1/4 of the bottle.

AN says to use it in the final 2 weeks before the last week of flush.

But you could get away with just just 1 its that strong.

Ill be updating my journal with all of this more in depth sometime today.

Not So Rookie Anymore

this has been my schedule and iv loved it but think next time wether depending on i use dwc or coco i think im just sticking with canna a&b, boost, pk and maby a bit bud candy, theres plenty of white hairs still there but im thinking they should be pretty much the chop on the 20th then iv got 9 northern lights autos budding i need to concentrate on.
what do you think of my schedule?
STAGE 18/6

week 1-2: (1.5ML A+B) (3.5 rhizotonic)

week 3: (2ML A+B) (2ML rhizotonic)

STAGE 12/12

week 1-2: (2.5ML A+B)

week 3: (2.75ML A+B)

STAGE FLOWERING

Week 1: (3ML A+B) (1.5ML VOODOO JUICE)

WEEK 2-4: (3.2ML A+B) (2ML BOOST) (2ML B-52) (2ML BIG BUD)

WEEK 5: (3.2ML A+B) (2.5ML BOOST) (2ML B-52) (2ML OVERDRIVE) (2ML BUD CANDY) (0.75ML PK) (1.5ML CANNAZYM)

WEEK 6: (3ML A+B) (3ML BOOST) (2ML B-52) (2ML OVERDRIVE) (2ML BUD CANDY) (1.5ML PK) (2ML CANNAZYM)

WEEK 7: (4ML BOOST) (2ML B-52) (2ML OVERDRIVE) (2ML BUD CANDY)

WEEK 8: MONDAY - FLUSH ONCE WITH 60L MIXED WITH CANNA FLUSH THEN 2X 20L WATER FLUSHES

WEEK 9: MONDAY 20L WATER THEN THE USUAL 2-3L AND THEN CHOP ON THE SUNDAY

Idk if i can be of any real help there...
For one ive never grown autos and
Ive never used the a+b products just the 3 part line
With the extras

I honestly follow the bottle as far as feeding schedule goes. Ive added a few tweaks to my schedule and amounts but nothing major.

Most of the time i use the nutrient calculator online and just plug and chug lol

From what you have there your planning for 12 weeks from flip to 12/12. I think theyll be done earlier than that.
With that said

I would say start budcandy much earlier
Week 1 from 12/12 to about week 3 or 4 flowering

And dont start overdrive until week 6 7 then 2 weeks of flush may be a little long.

Thats going off of what you have there but i personally think from the time you flip the lights to 12/12 it will be no longer than 10 weeks.

Not So Rookie Anymore

sorry lootz i never ment to mean that there for autos, that schedule is for my fems not my autos
2 weeks flushing is to long?

No its not i dont think its necessary but thats my opinion im sure others have their reasons as to why it is or how its beneficial but i think a week especially if your using some type of product meant for flushing a week is long enough
sorry lootz i never ment to mean that there for autos, that schedule is for my fems not my autos
2 weeks flushing is to long?

Not So Rookie Anymore

what is the taste like after only one week? iv had some before where i thought id flushed long enough but it tasted horrific, got my little bubblegum xl i started flushing last monday and i was going to chop her sunday but she is starting to show signs of yellowing leaves, thinking friday then trim and hang her, think she will be smokable by the following weekend?
also, im buying my easy pot system next week, just deciding wether to use coco or just clay pebbles

Just taper your nutes down to a low level at the end, and don't overfeed in general, and you don't need to flush. I actually feed at very light levels (150- 200 ppm) through to harvest. Sometime I go with water only for a week or two at the end if the plant looks green still. I haven't flushed at harvest for a year or more Most people overfeed. But it takes a bit of experience to figure out a good feeding range. Pushing the maximum isn't really a good thing.

the problem is, it was either buy my boost or a ppm meter, boost won it.
i will have one in the next 4 months but if i do buy one it will be a good $50-100 meter

my bb xl is a 7L pot and had 3 waterings totaling 22L since last monday, going to give her another 3L tomorrow then think she will be okay to chop friday? a good 12 days she would of had then
its just everytime iv chopped and dried the taste of chemicals were unbearable and i cant put myself through that again

the last feed she had was 2ml overdrive 2ml bud candy 4ml boost but no a+b then the flush that is quoted above

If you're asking me- I can't really answer it- I don't use those nutes, etc.
Full strength is about 1300-1500 ppm usually. So 150 ppm would be about 1/10 of that. Or just go with water only. Or just flush, or don't flush, whichever you prefer-but give the plant a chance to use up the nutrient in the system. Both in the medium, and in the plant itself. . Flushing removes most of the ones in the pot. The plant has to deal with the rest, there's no way to leech nutrients from the plant.
Pics would help to show where she's at.

shes only a small thing just a clone i had from a previous grow, will put another pic on when lights go on, i took her fan leaves of and left the bud leaves on just so the bottom nugs get a bit light before chop, not expecting over 14g
IMG_20170224_164043.jpg
IMG_20170224_164003.jpg
IMG_20170224_164036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom