SCROG? - Train my plants. huh?

Fishhhh

Hi all

Recently posted asking what SCROG'ing actually was, and what it actually did. I have just built my screen, and will be plating my babies in the next day or so.

Just a question , when the plants finally reach the screen, what do i do next? I see people always talking about "Training" the plants. But what do you actually do at this stage?

any help advice would be ace.

Thanks

Re: SCROG? - Train my plants... huh?

You wait until a branch grows above the screen a couple of inches, pull it back down through the screen and redirect it to an empty "hole" in screen further away from the main stem. Repeat process until screen is full. The goal is to spread the plant out so that it "fills in" and maximizes your lights' coverage.

HEY NOW, Fishhhh, welcome to a great site...I was in your shoes last summer and just finished my first grow ever and I used a homemade SCROG. On my second journal her now using the same SCROG. Here is a picture of what I built.
10132011_0011_web_text1.jpg

Here is how you pull the lead stem and feed it along the SCROG horizontally. As I fed the lead stem, it aloud the lower growth to catch up in height and make its own sprouts. As you grow 10 inches across the canopy you gain production that you can also weave in your SCROG. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I have a small space and wanted maximum yield and keep the height down. The plants below the SCROG are just 15 inches tall from the pot.

DSC_002218.JPG
Day_196.JPG

A good practice as a new visitor is to use the search feature for your questions. You get your answer immediately instead of waiting for a thread reply...This site is amazing and full of ALL your answers. Believe me, someone else, has already ask!:welcome: :peace:

Hi thanks for the advice. i was actually reading your journals earlier today, must say i was impressed. So as im bending the stems back under and stretching them across the screen , do i need to be doing anything underneath the screen? any trimming or anything?

Back
Top Bottom