300W CFL strong enough?

Autofacade

Hi guys started some purple punch outdoors but Due to prying eyes and they seemed to be stretching rather than padding out I've stuck em in a tent under a 300w CFL.

I'm wondering though will this be strong enough for the plants to start bushing out? Once they go up a size on pot they will be going to the big tent under some metal halides. Although I was hoping to top them before then...... what people think?

Hi guys started some purple punch outdoors but Due to prying eyes and they seemed to be stretching rather than padding out I've stuck em in a tent under a 300w CFL.

I'm wondering though will this be strong enough for the plants to start bushing out? Once they go up a size on pot they will be going to the big tent under some metal halides. Although I was hoping to top them before then...... what people think?
hiya auto Depends what foot print size the plants sit in. I use a 125w cfl and a 2ft 4 tube t5, they do well for early veg...say 3 weeks, but I can only get 2 plants under each,so 4 total maybe 6 at a push.
Cfl light falls off quickly at the eadges

The t5 is about 94w, so I have about 220w total,like I said before, I find this alright for 6 small plants at the most.
If they're not in pots you can fit more, I can fit 24 clones under my t5 alone.
I repeat, the light from cfl at the eadges falls off really quickly.

Hmmm interesting I might be alright for now but by the looks of things when I up pot the 300w cfl maybe a little too weak for the foot print. I'm covering a 75×75 space. Any idea what a suitable light for veg would be?

Hmmm interesting I might be alright for now but by the looks of things when I up pot the 300w cfl maybe a little too weak for the foot print. I'm covering a 75×75 space. Any idea what a suitable light for veg would be?
Is that 75cm? That should be well alright.
That light should be good for 1meter × 1meter, maybe even 1.2 meter x 1.2meter with close reflective walls.
That 300w will rock a 75×75 for a good 3 weeks in early veg.

Back
Top Bottom