CFL for seedlings

Autofacade

Hi guys. I have a 75x75x90 tent for my 8 seedlings to start they will be in rock wool ready to go to rdwc after a week hopefully. Purchased a 300w cfl blue. How close should I put them to the little girls?

They will be transferred over to the rdwc hopefully after a week into there 20ltr buckets under 1000w hps dimmed down to 600w.

I'm a tad worried the 600 will still be too much. Any suggestions and opinions please

CFLs will be fine for a few weeks even. Thats way too much for seedlings.
Hey man thanks for popping in. The problem I have is how long can they stay in a little Rockwell cube? First time stepping to hydro and imo there isn't enough to sustain the plant for more than a week?

Which type of hydro system?
Flood and drain?
DWC?
RDWC?
Hydro tubes with sprayers?
Coco? With drip system or hand watered?
Peat? Hand watering or timed watering system?

Rockwool cubes come in many sizes (1.5'', 3'' ,6'' plus many more).

Not sure what your question means, rockwool can be used to start seeds and then placed into another medium with a timed or hand watering schedule, like peat or coco. Plant as soon as you see roots emerging from the rockwool.

It can be set on top of larger rockwoll cubes to be used in a flood and drain system. Up cube before the roots come out of the bottom of the first rockwool cube.

It can be placed in a basket and covered with hydroton which is common in DWC and RDWC. Roots need to be long enough to reach the water below or need to be hand watered until they do reach.

Or placed in a basket covered with hydroton in a hydro tube with sprayers. Can be transplanted once roots are about an inch or so from the rockwool.

Which type of hydro system?
Flood and drain?
DWC?
RDWC?
Hydro tubes with sprayers?
Coco? With drip system or hand watered?
Peat? Hand watering or timed watering system?

Rockwool cubes come in many sizes (1.5'', 3'' ,6'' plus many more).

Not sure what your question means, rockwool can be used to start seeds and then placed into another medium with a timed or hand watering schedule, like peat or coco. Plant as soon as you see roots emerging from the rockwool.

It can be set on top of larger rockwoll cubes to be used in a flood and drain system. Up cube before the roots come out of the bottom of the first rockwool cube.

It can be placed in a basket and covered with hydroton which is common in DWC and RDWC. Roots need to be long enough to reach the water below or need to be hand watered until they do reach.

Or placed in a basket covered with hydroton in a hydro tube with sprayers. Can be transplanted once roots are about an inch or so from the rockwool.
Sorry bro great bit of info! My first message kinda explains it all but...... my dilemma is I only have a 1000w hps that can be dimmed to 600w still probably too powerful for the plants in there first couple weeks of veg so I purchased a 300w cfl and they will live in my small now seedling tent. To get going before transferring them up into a rdwc system and under the 600hps. So long story short, how long can I leave them in their rockwool cubes so they can be as mature as possible before I introduce them to the RDWC. I have been told I can put the rockwool plug into a larger rockwool cube as if to up pot to gain some extra time?

You can up pot them so to speak but if you can get them into the RDWC and the roots touch the water you are good to go. Waiting till you think they are mature is not necessary if the roots reach the water they will grow faster in there. If light intensity is still a worry you can raise the light to reduce its intensity, or use florescent lights in your space till they are a little bigger.

Spot on sounds like a plan to me, trust me I want them in that rdwc as soon as I can get them fired up haha! How far would you set your cfl from seedlings and how far would you start your CFL away from young plants?

Did you say you have an all-blue light? I dont think Cannabis uses blue light much...mostly red, I believe.
You are correct the red light is needed more when it comes into the bloom stage of your grow. When I say blue light there other spectrums in there but its heavier on the blue to help the veg cycle. And it's only for the first week I'd say after that into the hps with the new 400v tech

Back
Top Bottom