30degrees too hot for budding cycle?

XcaLi

I had it at 85-87 before but i put in alot more lights and it went up to 90. Is this still good or what should i do to help lower temp?

Im on a 12/12 cycle if that changes it (and is this what i should be doing for on/off?)

I have:
4x 40watt CFLs
5x 23watt cfls
1x 13watt cfl

Yeah try and keep the heat below 80 or you start running into problems. Some strains can handle the heat, mainly sativa's.

Yeah try and keep the heat below 80 or you start running into problems. Some strains can handle the heat, mainly sativa's.

iunno what to do ... like right now i have a cooler of ice with a comp fan blowing air up into a bigger fan blowing towards lights but there not much i can do in a basement closet near no windows =\

any suggestions?

Run the lights at night when it's cooler. Also, saves some on the energy bill. A bowl of ice and a fan won't do much in terms of temp. control. :peace:

It would be a god idea to add a fan that can pull air from out side of the grow space....if you already have one try to use a bigger fan to suck air out. If that doesnt work you might want to think about a better system for lighting so that you dont have so many bulbs making heat. How do the plants look? and whats you humidity at?

It would be a god idea to add a fan that can pull air from out side of the grow space....if you already have one try to use a bigger fan to suck air out. If that doesnt work you might want to think about a better system for lighting so that you dont have so many bulbs making heat. How do the plants look? and whats you humidity at?

I may have too much light:

4x 40watt (2600 lumens each)
5x 23watt (3x1700, 1x 1600 and dunno other)
1x 13watt (800 lumens)

I dont have anything to read humidity =\.

4 Plants in a 3x4 Closet prob 6.5 ft high

Sounds to me like you have to much and thats not because your giving them to much but because they make to much heat. Try taking out on or 2 of the smaller lights and see what hapens in a few hours if the temp goes down see how the ladys react and go from there.

Too many lights may be causing high temps. or humidity levels, thus effecting your plants.

Otherwise, there is no such thing as "too much light", the more the better. :peace:

well i got it to 28 now (84) so im getting close. Need a better fan to put fresh air in and i think it will be fine. 75-80 is what i should be aiming for correct?

You should be fine now and as long as you stay under 85 it should be fine. Pot plants can take alot of abuse when it comes to temp changes. I keep my room at 70-80 through out the day and about 68-72 over my 6hr night period. Cant wait to see some more pics when she starts to flower!!

They allready have :p ... These are outdoor plants that had to be moved indoors due to the rapid temp change where i live ... Frost + Weed dont mix im sure lol

I hooked up two intakes now. Ones a comp fan blowing in, the other I wired a car vac to plud into a socket and suck air from outside closet and release air inside. Its pretty loud =\ but i wanna compare temps with/without it since it does bring in alot of air.

Any risks for this: Wired a 15v car vac to a 14v charger plug and gonna run it 12hours a day while lights on. Don't wanna have a short or start a fire =\

Edit:
LOL Vac died in like a hour -_-

what do i use to do that? i have a de-humidifier in the room so i can run that and it should remove humidity in closet if its close by too

You should go out and grab a digital temp and hum gauge. I have alot of heat in mine also and its the bast thing that i have ever had and the best $20 that i have spent for keeping my plants alive.

You should go out and grab a digital temp and hum gauge. I have alot of heat in mine also and its the bast thing that i have ever had and the best $20 that i have spent for keeping my plants alive.

Eh it's good now, i keep it around 78-80, highest it will go to is 84 but its never for long and 70ish at night.

what do i use to do that? i have a de-humidifier in the room so i can run that and it should remove humidity in closet if its close by too

nevermind. I thought you said you were putting the de-humidifier in the closet. I was gonna say that de-humidifiers do put off alot of heat which wouldn't be a good idea for you if you were putting it in the closet.

Back
Top Bottom