36 hours of darkness

Does 36 hours of darkness work?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As with many of the growing techniques we acquire, much of our experiance is subjective. It would be great if there were studies to support everything we do, but that isn't always the case. I'm sure that you will find people for and against the dark period.......

Yeah if you think about it, you're losing 36 hours of quality production. The ladies will show themselves naturally when the photo period changes.

ok 36 hr gives the plant a shure sign to switch to flowering normaly it would take a week or two for the plant to show the same response to the cycles changing with out the 36 hrs preflowering darkness i have done some straight and some 36 hr jump and the 36 hr jump always finishes a lil earlier and a lil fuller hope it helps

this has been proven w/o any doubt by myself and The Butcher who is on grow support.
I mentoned this numerous times in my journal and alot of members have switched to my program of 30 hrs...36 is fine...Even Cervantes has said this. I was taught by an old Head to use 30 hrs. Butcher has taken clones 4 clones on the same plant and the 1 that was subjected to 30 hrs had a significant reduction in stretch and the stem thickened significantly. we have both grown the same strain and we have the same batch of seeds. SouthernWeed also hs the same batch....it was LA Woman

Right this makes sense. I'm curious then what are the real benefits to the darkness period? More potency?

no...the potency is the same...the plants will just be shorter and thicker

Shorter and thicker, so more weight on the nugs? I just want to be sure I grasp to benefits behind the darkness period. Shorter and thicker so maybe less stretching I'd assume.

exactly

Okay, so I've heard 36 hours right before flipping to 12/12 jumpstarts the flowering process. And just recently from another forum, I'm hearing that it is a myth and doesn't do shit.

Curious the general opinion of 420mag forum.
To enduce flowering it works ! I am 60 and have been growing for 40 years . I grow outdoors in a short 5 month growing period usually harvesting in Mid October with the help of the green house for temps. Sun light hours for me at Harvest time is 10 hours from sunrise to sunset. Experiment your self. Take two plants, put 1 in 36 hours of Darkness
and the other one not. See for your self.

Back
Top Bottom