3x6x8 closet veggie grow need help

Kushwestcoast

I am in need of help I'm a new VEGGIE;) grower and have a small space I'm starting with. I am wondering on how much lighting, ventilation, i need to grow 4-6 VEGGIE;) plants. A friend gave me a veggie plant that is in good shape(no bug's very healthy looking). Its under a 27w Ottlight grow light... for now will it make it the 3 weeks until payday? should i be using the 18/6 for lighting or 24/7? with such a small light. I have a household fan on it, its about 8 inches high nice big broad leaves, has pre-flowers. any feed-back would be much appreciated.
thanks
Kushwestcoast

3x6 sq ft space gives you 18 sf total. Say you use 75% of that, leaving about 14sf, if you try 50 watts per sf, then you will need 700 watts. For that small of a space, 600 watts or above will take some good ventilation to keep the temps down.

I would suggest you look into SCROG.

Thank you prairiepoet, what about the cool tube technology?(for HID bulbs) I plan on getting that with my lighting set-up(If i buy the HID lighting). I am thinking that's my best bet, that or LED, Also i really want to go with the LED because of the massive power saving benefit as well as keeping the heat down considerably. does anyone have any experience with the, Diamond series 3w LED grow lights they have over at Advanced LED Grow Lights - Best New LED Grow Lights of 2011 or can anyone offer any other advice in the lighting department.
Kushwestcoast

Im not a LED user so I can't comment much but for me personally the LED industry isn't too standardized yet there's alot of hype and BS out there but that's just from the little bit of research I did when I was interested in getting them but ultimately I stuck with HID as they have been tried and true and put through the test over and over and are PROVEN PRODUCERS if you want a guarenteed producer go HID...LED's produce but some better then others and they are costly as they are fairly new technology in the growing world but that's just my .02 there are plenty of people that have grow journals and they use LED and you can see the results but I stick to HID

Thanks, HighFlyin5, I have gotten a 4 tube four foot fluorescent with plant/Aquarium bulbs already in it for free... its all i can pull off for now i'm thinking of getting something better once budding time comes around. like say a 600w HpS or something. I'm only doing a few plants for personal use so.. i think that will work. anyone know what kind of yields i will get from a few purple kush plants under that kind of lighting? Also i will post some pics tonight after i get the new lighting installed. Also I'm heading up to the store to get some emergency blankets for light reflection.
Thanks
Kushwestcoast

Re: 3x6x8 closet veggie grow.

Well, i got the emergency blankets, got my 4 tube light's. Now to smoke one then hang the light and put up the emergency blankets. Oh i also got a thermometer... lol. My next step will be to go get a fan and some tubing off my buddy who already has a set-up and a bunch of extra stuff lying around.
Also, I seen 200watt bulbs in wal-mart CFL's anyone have any experience with these?

Back
Top Bottom