420 Magazine ParfactWorks HB1500 Contest Win Grow Journal

Kushgrow3579

Hello everyone, I will be starting my grow journal today for the @ParfactWorks HB1500 that i recently won on here
Screenshot_20211025-015624_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-015615_Gallery.jpg

To start off i will say that i am very impressed so far, the light had arrived within a few days of winning the contest and fits perfectly in my 3x2x5 tent.

The light itself has nearly doubled my one plant in size in only about 5 full days of use originally set at 30% and just increased to 40% yesterday and will slowly increase as it progresses.

I normally would grow 2 plants in a tent this size however i had one clone that was way bigger than the rest so this grow will be only the one plant.

One other note i have been having some issues with my ph meter so i borrowed my brother's and seem to be having some issues with it drifting now too so worse case scenario if i mess up this plant i will do another grow journal once i have a new meter.

Screenshot_20211025-015621_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211025-015631_Gallery.jpg

Also i forgot to mention the medium used for this grow was promix herb and vegetable for the majority of the plants life and was just recently up potted into 5 gallon fabric pots (they actually hold closer to 6 full) from a 1.5 gallon pot using sunshine mix herb and vegetable.

The average temperature is sitting at around 20-22° celcius and the humidity is averaging around 65% currently.

The nutrients being used for this grow are indo easy grow 3 part aswell as some occasional epsom salts, aloe vera gel, and calcium acetate added into the water aswell as sprayed foliar. I will also be adding in some coconut water into the mix at some point for the auxins, giberillins, and cytokinins it contains and possibly may get some kelp extract at some point. PH is being kept at 6.3-6.8 based on sketchy meters right now.

This plant was also treated for mites with diy insecticidal soap and a acid rain foliar spay for a few weeks pre-emptively as my other tent had a few show up about a month ago but i havent seen any in weeks so i am keeping my fingers crossed.

The strain is bagseed that originally turned entirely purple and was revegged and cloned and has a great terp profile, i believe it is a cross of og but not entirely sure. It is not a great yielder but the bud is complete fire. Here is a pic of a bud from the plant it is a clone from to give a better idea of the strain.
Screenshot_20211025-213410_Gallery.jpg
and here are some pictures of the nutrients i am currently using.
Screenshot_20211025-213702_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213730_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213735_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213738_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-213742_Firefox.jpg

Watch for light stress!
Thanks for taking a look at this journal shed, yeah i will. I did see some bronzing on a few of those leaves there in that last picture so i removed them and haven't seen any more turn that color yet over the last 2 days with it now at 50%. Not to sure if it was from light stress or just hungry but i fed it anyways and will keep an eye on them.

Probably going to spray it for mites tomorrow and the next few days and dim the light down to like 10% until it dries each time since a couple mites have made their way to my other tent again. Hoping i dont stress her much in the process.

Hello 420mag and anyone that stops in to visit my journal, its been over a week since my last update so i thought it was definitely past time.

I have sprayed this plant as a precautionary, aswell as my other plants and clones several times again with diy insecticide soap and rosemary, peppermint, and eucalyptis essential oils added in, followed by an acidic rinse off after with water at a ph of about 5.

I believe i have killed the majority of the mites off again but will probably do one more round of spraying of all and hope they dont come back or migrate to this tent or the clone room.

I seem to still be having very slight cal/mag issues on a few leaves which i don't completely understand as i have given all these plants more calcium and magnesium with feedings and some foliar sprays than ever before with other strains i have grown.

The humidity has also been kept higher this last week or 2 with all the spraying and has been sitting around 80%, but will likely drop back down to around 60-70% in the next week once i complete the mite spraying and when everything dries more.

Temp has been holding pretty solid at 22°C. Here are this weeks photos of the single plant under the HB1500, aswell as one of the leaves with what i believe are cal/mag problems incase anyone one has any ideas. I have even added calcium acetate made from eggshells and vinnegar and magnesium sulphate from epsom salts added every feed recently with no change.
Screenshot_20211114-152829_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211114-152842_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211114-152919_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211114-152925_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211114-155954_Gallery.jpg

Are you feeding them week 4 of the schedule? Where did that leaf come from (top or bottom) and how many look like that?

How much epsom salt are you mixing/gallon? I'd lay off the home made calcium since you don't know how much is in that, and the Max Minerals already has 5% Ca in it.

I have been feeding week 4 full strength on repeat but every 3rd watering I have been giving it half strength nutrients with added calcium and magnesium saturating the medium completely with more runoff than usual just to make sure no extra salts are building up in the medium.

Currently I have been adding in about 1/2-1 tsp per gallon of epsom salts when i do add them, which is about every second or 3rd feeding/watering and about 1/2-1 tsp of the calcium acetate with 1/2 tsp of aloe gel too. I will cut the calcium from the feeding though if you think the 50% tap/ro and full strength nutrients should have enough in it.

That leaf along with a few others that look similar started originally near the top-ish part of the plant (or thats when i noticed them anyways). It seems like they now are mostly towards the middle of the plant though still with some very very slight interveinal chlorosis on the top of the plants again aswell.

If you look really close at the leaves on the last couple pictures of them you can see some kinda pale looking leaves near the middle and that is where they are mostly located, I would say there are about 5-10 leaves that look similar to that.

I have also noticed that the stems of the whole plant are very dark purple, almost like a blackish purple. This strains genetics do have purple stems normally but not as dark as they are currently on this plant and my other tent under the blurple vipar light aswell.

Some of the stems seem a bit flimsy and weak too as they have trouble fully picking themselves up after being sprayed and having the water weight on them, even after they dry. The other clones under the ghetto lights have what i would call normal looking stems for this strain which are like 50% green 50% light purple.

I have been feeding week 4 full strength on repeat but every 3rd watering I have been giving it half strength nutrients with added calcium and magnesium saturating the medium completely with more runoff than usual just to make sure no extra salts are building up in the medium.
You're adding salts when you add the calcium and magnesium, so that's not clearing the ProMix out the way you describe it.
I tried to make that message short as possible, it still turned into a book though lol.
Hey, at least you added line breaks! Some folks post a wall of text that's nearly impossible to follow. :thumb:
I also forgot to mention that I added like 1/8 tsp each of the epsom/calcium/aloe to every feed, boosting it up to the numbers in my previous post every second or third feed.
I'm a bit confused why you have a 3-part nutrient system you paid for and never just run on its own to see how it performs. I have noticed a number of growers buy nutes and then feel like they need to throw the kitchen sink at the plant because of stuff they're read online.

I would flush it and give it a full watering of week 4 (8/2/5) and see how it does after that. Looks to be a 5 or 7 gallon bag, so flushing would be at least 10 gallons of tap water followed by at least 1.5 gallons of nutes.

Back
Top Bottom