420 Magazine says VOTE YES on PROP 19!

I told you all prop 19 did not enjoy wide enough support in the MJ comunity and would not pass! We just need an even playing field for small family growers and comercal growers,include thoughs 18 year olds,and cut back on and put limits on taxes,controls,and regulations in the next bill! I sugjest a stepped fee for different size grows with out fees for less than 100 lbs. for sale. Taxes would be sales taxes only,allow public use where ever alcohal can also be used in public,and only put a small fine on` habitually` smoking in front of minors(under 18) like it is with alcohal! I also favor the drinking age to lower to 18 in Cali,old enough to serve our country,old enough to deside if you want to drink or smoke MJ! We also need to address MJ and work place conserns and driving DUI conserns in the bill and have it written better and easy to understand! Just my take on the next time around!;)

I told you all prop 19 did not enjoy wide enough support in the MJ comunity and would not pass! We just need an even playing field for small family growers and comercal growers,include thoughs 18 year olds,and cut back on and put limits on taxes,controls,and regulations in the next bill! I sugjest a stepped fee for different size grows with out fees for less than 100 lbs. for sale. Taxes would be sales taxes only,allow public use where ever alcohal can also be used in public,and only put a small fine on` habitually` smoking in front of minors(under 18) like it is with alcohal! I also favor the drinking age to lower to 18 in Cali,old enough to serve our country,old enough to deside if you want to drink or smoke MJ! We also need to address MJ and work place conserns and driving DUI conserns in the bill and have it written better and easy to understand! Just my take on the next time around!;)

I am not going to call you right on this unless you provide a reliable statistic to back up your claim. It is not unreasonable for us to assume that there are people OUTSIDE the MJ Smoking Community that were not in favor of this law passing. I have had debates with plenty of people that are not in favor of having a possible drunk driver on the streets, and you had Arnold saying that it's passing would make California a laughing stock. I am willing to bet that the smokers that voted against this bill are in numbers that are similar as those on this and other MJ sites that had polls on this proposition, and therefore a small insignificant minority. So if you stick that number in with the rest of the voters they are an even smaller percentage. I challenge you to come up with a reliable statistic that says that the reason that this law didn't pass is because drug dealers voted it out. Those numbers are just too small to be significant in an entire state wide election. They sure didn't help matters, and as another says, they deserve to be busted.

I am not going to call you right on this unless you provide a reliable statistic to back up your claim. It is not unreasonable for us to assume that there are people OUTSIDE the MJ Smoking Community that were not in favor of this law passing. I have had debates with plenty of people that are not in favor of having a possible drunk driver on the streets, and you had Arnold saying that it's passing would make California a laughing stock. I am willing to bet that the smokers that voted against this bill are in numbers that are similar as those on this and other MJ sites that had polls on this proposition, and therefore a small insignificant minority. So if you stick that number in with the rest of the voters they are an even smaller percentage. I challenge you to come up with a reliable statistic that says that the reason that this law didn't pass is because drug dealers voted it out. Those numbers are just too small to be significant in an entire state wide election. They sure didn't help matters, and as another says, they deserve to be busted.

Granted. But with 44% of the vote in favor, there must have been quite a few non-consumers who voted for it. (Regardless of the percentage of Californians who are consumers - unless every one of them voted, and voted in favor.)

Try the same thing with the age lowered to 18 and see where that gets you (NOT lol).

As User stated, no one deserves to get busted for consuming or growing cannabis. Unless they're narcs.

I can think of a few who might at one time or another deserve to be taken out back and had their asses kicked. Myself (at one time in the past) was one of them. But that's because they (and, alas, I) were SoBs in general and was coincidental, lol.

I still think it's pretty sh*tty and bordering on the hypocritical: Yes, you can get nailed for up to an ounce in CA and receive "only" a $100 fine (BtW, can a person mail it in - or do they need to take off work to go pay their "drug ticket?" That would entail further loss of funds and possibly unwanted attention in the workplace in an environment where it's still illegal - at whatever punishment-level - to consume cannabis). But what about the person who grew the cannabis that you can get off with just a fine for having? He's still a FELON, isn't he? That's unfair and unjust and while I still hold to the "no one should be busted for cannabis" belief, for those that DO go to jail for it, if they voted no... Is that karma?

Okay I guess I let my passion out. Nobody deserves to be busted for weed, even those that voted against it's decriminalization.

You seem to forget all the families suported by growers and the stores who depend on sales ,ect.! lots and lots of MJ users voted no on prop 19 for many reasons. I voted no but if it had been written better I would have voted yes! 19 split the community up and did not enjoy enough support or unite ALL marijuana users. All five of my kids voted no as did nearly everyone I know and most of them smoke MJ.At many other sites the polls showed 2/3`s against prop 19.Just because the press said nothing about us doesn`t mean we didn`t count when the vote went down,Ha,Ha! Prop 19 just sucked but we should put a new law forth that everyone can stand behind!

It was to much of a mystery what would happen if it passed. When we pass it I think we want too know it's on the 100% right path. Why pass it and find out this this and that need to be changed? It's going to be just as difficult to change as it is to get it passed and right the first time. And with the taxes... I'm a believer in 'fair tax'. Everybody here I'm sure is older than me and has more wisdom so maybe I'm far off from reality, this has been really informative and I sure wish it was readily available info like this early but I know how it goes, but we need to look now how to improve for next time. :roorrip:

zhummingsig.jpg

So who has ideas on how to improve it, while increasing the non-pothead voter response?

So who has ideas on how to improve it, while increasing the non-pothead voter response?

You know all the opponents that I read were on MJ message boards. I mean I know a few out there that are not an opponent that were not smokers. They do not even agree with a lot of things that are already legal (tobacco and alcohol) and do not want to put more stuff out that they perceive as bad for you or in their words an intoxicant.

The pot dealers that have no other source or income are who you are talking about right? Thy will not benefit from it being legal and it is as bad as talking to a union member. I guess making pot legal is taking food out of their baby's mouth.

The only way you are going to get legislative support is with a bribe of revenue and you are not going to get pot dealer support. The puritans will never support it.

Maybe another state has to do it because MJ growing is such a way of life and a huge business already in California.

Maybe another state has to do it because MJ growing is such a way of life and a huge business already in California.

I had much the same thought a year or two ago. But then Prop19 came along and I thought I must have been treating the Californian Cannabis Cash Croppers unfairly.

Silly me.

Back
Top Bottom