480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

500W? 290W? I thought the new models were 450 and 280. Are you getting something newer than what is available?

lol. they keep changing, but i guess the led maker talked to mike and said after testing the lights really used 180w,290w,and 500w. so those are the watts of the lights going out to all the new orders.

I remember you being happy that you could fit more plants in there without LST, but I'm guessing that it's LST FTW? ;)

lol. this is true but after thinking why add more plants and make more problems and more work and more money when i could get just as much yield, 1/2 the money and save allot more time with less. trying to keep it simple, plus LST plants are just so sexy.lol

lol. this is true but after thinking why add more plants and make more problems and more work and more money when i could get just as much yield, 1/2 the money and save allot more time with less. trying to keep it simple, plus LST plants are just so sexy.lol

Be bending bitches over all day

I've done a couple of very informal comparisons with pairs of plants from two different strains, one LST, one without, and I'll just say that 7-8 medium-large colas tend to weigh more than one large cola ;).

and I suspect that's because you're not just dividing the plant's energy and mass evenly into more colas, the LST actually produces a structure and foundation that will carry more bud.

as soon as you bend a stem, the plant starts producing extra cells to deal with the stress. The junction of the branches and main stem get big knuckles of growth from the stress, the diameter of the stressed main stem increases dramatically, and you can see it start as soon as a couple of hours from bending them over.

NL_10th_wk_14_Bend.JPG

This is one that Hash Hound bent over.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

I've done a couple of very informal comparisons with pairs of plants from two different strains, one LST, one without, and I'll just say that 7-8 medium-large colas tend to weigh more than one large cola ;).

and I suspect that's because you're not just dividing the plant's energy and mass evenly into more colas, the LST actually produces a structure and foundation that will carry more bud.

as soon as you bend a stem, the plant starts producing extra cells to deal with the stress. The junction of the branches and main stem get big knuckles of growth from the stress, the diameter of the stressed main stem increases dramatically, and you can see it start as soon as a couple of hours from bending them over.

NL_10th_wk_14_Bend.JPG

This is one that Hash Hound bent over.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

you know whats up. i couldn't agree more with what you said. i love how the stem gets that twisted spiral look also.lol.

ive dont this a few times and LST wins every-time. one thing i have noticed from this grow and a few others is that the none LST plant so far for me as always been a little more frosty but nothing huge. IMO its not enough to make up for the extra yield. its just barely but its always looked that way to me. most be the plant is putting more energy into less bud sites so it get a little more frost?

IDK bro i thought about changing things and doing a full grow with none LST and more plants, but ive been hitting some pretty high yields from just 4-6 plants LST'ed and i dont see the need to change?

now i think if i got a hard core Indica i would think about letting them grow straight up them LST, you know the ones with huge fan leaves the size of ur hand. i think it creates allot of shading and the veg time is too long.

i get a fat feder tube when i bend over also and a very strong base, the only reason i have to tie the girls up is because its allot of weight for such tall plants like i grow

Very interesting observations Irish.

The human eye is not that trustworthy. That's why optical illusions work.

A bigger bud is always going to look frostier, whether it is or not.

your comment on the indica is really interesting too, because it reminds me of my Violator Kush grow.

man, those plants had huge fan leaves and they shaded themselves a lot even without LST. I've LST'ed the Sunset Kush, which is half Violator Kush, and I think two LST'ed plants might be the sweet spot for a DR80 with that strain. That's how bushy they get. More than two LST'ed plants, and I think the yield would suffer from shading and crowding, not to mention risking mold issues.

Those fat indicas turn into short green tents that trap dead air really well.

This is my very first post. I actually signed up just to get ahold of IrishBoy. Been reading a lot of stuff from you the last few weeks and decided to go LED.

I am trying to do the HP aeroponics with the reptile mister kit using 22 gal roughneck totes with Lucas Formula. I came a across a good deal on a Stealth Grow 600w LED. What you think of this light? I was hoping that i could get ahold of you for some opinions along the way and could show you progress. So far after ripping off nearly all roots when transplanting clones the runt that was under 3" and now sitting at 7.5" and roots around 20" long and everywhere after only 10 days from transplant.

I could post some pics but i'm not sure how yet. Totally new to this forum posting. usually just a reader. appreciate any feedback. very first grow after about 4 weeks of internet research. thanks for any help.

I am fairly new to this community, and will be seeting up for a med grow as soon as I get my darn taxe (mar 22 according to IRS) and after reading several grow threads with the GLH light, I must say I am impressed. I have a neighbor that grow some great stuff and swears by his 1000w HPS, so I'm sure he'll laugh at me when I tell him I want to go LED. But the fact is, I am anxious to start growing, and don't want to wait until winter, so I think I'm sold...
So now to my question, since this seems to be the place to get the right information... Will two of the 280 (290?) panels be enough for flowering in a 150w? (approx 31X59") Any feedback is appreciated! And fantastic looking plants once again, Irishboy!

This is my very first post. I actually signed up just to get ahold of IrishBoy. Been reading a lot of stuff from you the last few weeks and decided to go LED.

I am trying to do the HP aeroponics with the reptile mister kit using 22 gal roughneck totes with Lucas Formula. I came a across a good deal on a Stealth Grow 600w LED. What you think of this light? I was hoping that i could get ahold of you for some opinions along the way and could show you progress. So far after ripping off nearly all roots when transplanting clones the runt that was under 3" and now sitting at 7.5" and roots around 20" long and everywhere after only 10 days from transplant.

I could post some pics but i'm not sure how yet. Totally new to this forum posting. usually just a reader. appreciate any feedback. very first grow after about 4 weeks of internet research. thanks for any help.

That light really only runs on 350 watts* Just buy some Spectras from growledhydro at least because of the many threads on here you know those lights will grow. And you get a better deal on actual watts per dollar

I came a across a good deal on a Stealth Grow 600w LED. What you think of this light? I was hoping that i could get ahold of you for some opinions along the way and could show you progress.

How much did you see the deal on the stealth grow? I have a few friends who tested the 600's vs 600 watt hps and 1000 watt hps. The consensus was it was barely able to keep up with the 600 watt hps, and was closer to a 400 watt hps, however the quality of medicine was greatly improved over hps. The thing is that it didn't produce the quality large nugs we are seeing here with GLH lights. They do use 2 watt chips, but really their high prices are more a reflection of having been on the market for a while, with some success.

Given the current retail of the SG600 is $1600, You are paying about $4.50 per watt of actual draw whereas with GLH, even at the retail of $1300, you are paying $2.60 per watt of actual draw, so unless you can get the SG for around $900.00, Mikes GLH lights are a better buy for your money.

Very interesting observations Irish.

The human eye is not that trustworthy. That's why optical illusions work.

A bigger bud is always going to look frostier, whether it is or not.

your comment on the indica is really interesting too, because it reminds me of my Violator Kush grow.

man, those plants had huge fan leaves and they shaded themselves a lot even without LST. I've LST'ed the Sunset Kush, which is half Violator Kush, and I think two LST'ed plants might be the sweet spot for a DR80 with that strain. That's how bushy they get. More than two LST'ed plants, and I think the yield would suffer from shading and crowding, not to mention risking mold issues.

Those fat indicas turn into short green tents that trap dead air really well.
this is somthing that weired to me? the none LST plants single cola isnt really much bigger then my LST cola. its very odd? she also dosent eat as much as the LST ones, and this is why she didnt go P def in mid flowering like the others. still green as heck. but i do understand looks are just that dosent mean anything and all of my plants are so frosty it dosent matter, once they go into the jar i wont know witch is witch.lol.

seems you would get more yield to not LST with ur stain and just do more plants since its so bushy. but they you make more work, but then again might have a slower turn around because of extra veg?

i am no help with aeroponics sorry my friend. but to that led lights ive never seen a grow journal with it being tested so cant say on that, but ive seen some youtube videos that are just for sales threw Advanced Nutrients and i wasnt impressed one bit and thought the plants look like trash, very stretched and small buds. just another thing IMO to give leds a bad name. here you go
YouTube -

I am fairly new to this community, and will be seeting up for a med grow as soon as I get my darn taxe (mar 22 according to IRS) and after reading several grow threads with the GLH light, I must say I am impressed. I have a neighbor that grow some great stuff and swears by his 1000w HPS, so I'm sure he'll laugh at me when I tell him I want to go LED. But the fact is, I am anxious to start growing, and don't want to wait until winter, so I think I'm sold...
So now to my question, since this seems to be the place to get the right information... Will two of the 280 (290?) panels be enough for flowering in a 150w? (approx 31X59") Any feedback is appreciated! And fantastic looking plants once again, Irishboy!
i am not sure if these new lights in cress foot print or not since their brighter, i would call Mike and ask him because i dont really know too much about these new ones.
That light really only runs on 350 watts* Just buy some Spectras from growledhydro at least because of the many threads on here you know those lights will grow. And you get a better deal on actual watts per dollar

How much did you see the deal on the stealth grow? I have a few friends who tested the 600's vs 600 watt hps and 1000 watt hps. The consensus was it was barely able to keep up with the 600 watt hps, and was closer to a 400 watt hps, however the quality of medicine was greatly improved over hps. The thing is that it didn't produce the quality large nugs we are seeing here with GLH lights. They do use 2 watt chips, but really their high prices are more a reflection of having been on the market for a while, with some success.

Given the current retail of the SG600 is $1600, You are paying about $4.50 per watt of actual draw whereas with GLH, even at the retail of $1300, you are paying $2.60 per watt of actual draw, so unless you can get the SG for around $900.00, Mikes GLH lights are a better buy for your money.

I figured their high prices were because they're affiliated with Advanced Nutrients.

:amen:

IMHO Companys like AN are about making money and directing it towards the mj cammunity.This is a reason why I shy away from companys like this.Not saying there products are not great just that there focus is on marketing and profits and not trustworthy.IMO I think they spend more time and money trying to find more ways to split there products up into sepperate purchases rather than actuall quality and ease of use.Its a company that targets young gardeners that dont know any better I have no respect for products like that.:peacetwo:

i am looking for a new camera, i want one that not crazy price but something i could get those real close ups where i can see the trics colors and show you guys. any idea what i should look for? is it the optical room number that dose this? is a 7x good enough or do you need like a 15x? any info would be big help.

Well I have a pretty nice digital with 10x. But just like everything else in life, its actually 4x optical and 6x digital, and when you try to use any digital zoom, it totally screws the picture quality. I think the only ones that give the pics your talking about, are the Digital SLRs. Which is what Ive been looking at, but the cheap ones are pushing $600. One trick I have for you is take your pics through a magnifying glass, major difference. h

I think one of the best and affordable cameras are the canons.I would look into one with a high megapixel 8.0 10.0 with zoom.I have an olympus stylus 8.0m with zoom thats measured in mm one camera zoom and the other digital zoom that takes pretty good pics if used correctly but the cannons are better.The reason I have the olympus is because it is water proof and has a ton of features.I can pretty much almost check the trics with my camera.:peacetwo:

Well I have a pretty nice digital with 10x. But just like everything else in life, its actually 4x optical and 6x digital, and when you try to use any digital zoom, it totally screws the picture quality. I think the only ones that give the pics your talking about, are the Digital SLRs. Which is what Ive been looking at, but the cheap ones are pushing $600. One trick I have for you is take your pics through a magnifying glass, major difference. h
ya mine is only a 3x, but $600 is out of my price range for sure.
I think one of the best and affordable cameras are the canons.I would look into one with a high megapixel 8.0 10.0 with zoom.I have an olympus stylus 8.0m with zoom thats measured in mm one camera zoom and the other digital zoom that takes pretty good pics if used correctly but the cannons are better.The reason I have the olympus is because it is water proof and has a ton of features.I can pretty much almost check the trics with my camera.:peacetwo:

i like cannos, i was looking at a olympus 600uz but read bad reviews on the pic quality and started to shy away from olympus. ive been look at the Samsung PL200 they seem to have high reviews and 7x zoom

It does but yeah it is not really user friendly.If it was not water proof I would have sent it back.Seems it is mostly set up for taking pics under water.But most the features the cameral has to be completely steady....Like on a stand lol I think it is really sensative to lack of light.But it does take pretty good pics if set correctly and you can take negatives and davelop on your pc and thows are flawless.But yeah I have always had good pics with cannon and would recomend this one way before the olympus.

Samsung PL200 ow yeah just looked into that looks like a pretty nice camera.That thing has like14. some odd MP THAT A LOT.Who needs a scope lol.My couzin works for a photagraffy company in SFC and she has a really nice samsung.She could not afford the cannon and the samsung had all the same features and close to same pic quality for much less.Sounds good.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom