480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

500's? did michael make 500's aswell?
ya im real excited to try cloning, should be fun!
got a great strain selection for next time, be up and runnin beginning of month, need to move into new home. staffy's cheese factory, lol. keep a look out!
yup theirs 500's now.
ill keep an eye out for ur new thread
Hello! Irishboy !!

I am a big fan of marijuana plants !
I wanted to thank you for ur post and forums !
I was also wondering which LED is the best quality/price!
I wanted to make my grow up bigger and I need advice on lights etc ~
Thanks for ur help in advance

ps: i tried pming but im new to this site !

hello and thanks for the kind words.
IMO when dealing with leds, i wouldn't use any leds but the ones i use (GLH) they are tested and proven. i get great results harvest after harvest, and out of all the leds ive used/seen they are the best.

Thanks for the reply irish,
But , I find them a bit expensive on the website...
What kind of deals do you guys get?
Is the blackstar any good?

I was lookin thru these ones
Trying to find the best quality/price
Irish can I please have ur opinion :)
I was also wondering if you guys have any idea which ph meter i should buy for also best quality/price
thanks again
what kind of deals does the glh do?
i read in this forum he was doing deals to you and the people you brought to him.

It seems like the GLH products for 180w is like 5 bills?
these ones are close to 2 , 250 ~

180w Lighthouse Blackstar Cree LED Grow light 2w VEG on eBay.ca (item 280641810412 end time 08-Apr-11 10:cool:38 EDT)

New 240w Lighthouse Blackstar LED Grow light 3w LED's on eBay.ca (item 290544062588 end time 10-Apr-11 13:laugh:36 EDT)

I was lookin thru these ones
Trying to find the best quality/price
Irish can I please have ur opinion :)
I was also wondering if you guys have any idea which ph meter i should buy for also best quality/price
thanks again
what kind of deals does the glh do?
i read in this forum he was doing deals to you and the people you brought to him.

It seems like the GLH products for 180w is like 5 bills?
these ones are close to 2 , 250 ~

180w Lighthouse Blackstar Cree LED Grow light 2w VEG on eBay.ca (item 280641810412 end time 08-Apr-11 10:cool:38 EDT)

New 240w Lighthouse Blackstar LED Grow light 3w LED's on eBay.ca (item 290544062588 end time 10-Apr-11 13:laugh:36 EDT)

Irishboy gets these questions all the time if u want his answer straight away, look back thru his journal, u will find these questions everyhwere.

you want best quality/ best price. u cant ask this question when it comes to LEDs. they r still new and well GLH is only company with good results. so the question u need to ask YOURSELF is,
should i spend low money and get shit LEDS?
should i pay alot of money for LEDs that work?
all u got to ask ur self. YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR?

Michael from GLH did have a deal goin for people who followed irish's grow, but that was a while ago and nothin good sticks around to long. u need to get into contact with him urself and ask him if doin any deals, irish doesnt work for GLH.
seriously, go with GLH. tests have been proved.

PH meter i use the checker by hanna. 40 bucks works great for me. others ive seen are more like 100, but work too.

good luck

Irishboy gets these questions all the time if u want his answer straight away, look back thru his journal, u will find these questions everyhwere.

you want best quality/ best price. u cant ask this question when it comes to LEDs. they r still new and well GLH is only company with good results. so the question u need to ask YOURSELF is,
should i spend low money and get shit LEDS?
should i pay alot of money for LEDs that work?
all u got to ask ur self. YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR?

Michael from GLH did have a deal goin for people who followed irish's grow, but that was a while ago and nothin good sticks around to long. u need to get into contact with him urself and ask him if doin any deals, irish doesnt work for GLH.
seriously, go with GLH. tests have been proved.

PH meter i use the checker by hanna. 40 bucks works great for me. others ive seen are more like 100, but work too.

good luck

GLH isn't the only company with good LED results. Plenty of other LED companies make lights that will flower marijuana well enough. But I would say that GLH has the most completed journals (and none seem to be anything but happy), has never deceived anyone on their lights specifications or their capabilities, and quite possibly makes the longest lasting light with the best warranty (5 years while most other companies are 1 and rarely some are 2-3).

Watch out with blackstar, they are good enough lights but they mislead about their wattage instead of telling you upfront what the true running wattage of the light is they tell you what the sum of the max wattage of all the lights put together is (ex: a 240w blackstar only runs about 150-175 because its made up of 80 3w lights that run about 1.5w each). This is misleading but not exactly a lie because knowing both the max total and the true wattage is important (if two lights run on the same wattage but one uses 2w LEDs and the other uses 3w it will be obvious which performs better (3w))

When the $ per actual running watt (what its really pulling out of your wall socket) is calculated, the price difference between GLH and other companies is so small I think everyone should just go GLH. Of course if they did we wouldn't ever figure out what lights might work better for their price, so choose whichever (you can take a gamble and maybe score better, but if you want a safe bet with a great product go GLH).

When you go to buy an LED light aim for a true wattage thats the same as what you would want with HID. Ex: if replacing a 400w HID system with LED, replace it with as close to 400w of LED as you can (although with GLH you could probably get away with 240-300w and do just as well if you SCROG). Companies like to claim their lights are >50% better watt for watt than HID (ex: they will say their 200w unit is as good as a 600w HID), but they are always misleading. The best I think I've seen LED do is produce 30% more weight per watt than an HID of the same wattage.

FOR IRISH AND OTHERS
Hey what are the best yields over HID you guys have read with LED? I know there are some 1000w LED vs 1000w HID grows, who has gotten more than 30% yields in weight with LED vs HID watt for watt?

these guys are right GLH is proven.. no other grow light is proven like these so its a dice roll.. i havent used the Black Start so i dont know but i dont like their miseleading info that makes people think their allot cheaper because they call it a 240w and its really uses 133w. so at the end its not really what u think ur getting.

i cant tell you what to get but i will say ive seen this questions asked tons of times and after i give my advise people still go and by a cheaper leds and at the end spend more money because it didnt work like they wanted and end up with a GLH either way, all i can say is told you so.

bottom line is look for completed grow journals with great results and that will tell you what leds to buy, if their not grows proving those lights by trusted people then i would stay away from those leds and save my money.

Mike will give a discount for my thread supporters, but i have no idea what kind of discount it is?

ive heard the hanna meters are good for the price.

as far as the HID the led yeild % i am not sure i havent seen too many led vs hid side x sides for a while and forgot what the end % was.

as far as the HID the led yeild % i am not sure i havent seen too many led vs hid side x sides for a while and forgot what the end % was.
GLH grows marijuana with these lights and has stated up to 30% increase in yields watt for watt over HID and that was with the older generation lights. I find that FAR more believeable than companies who tell you their lights will perform 100-400% better than HID watt for watt (claiming a 240 = 600w HID or 200-300w HID = 1000w HPS).

got my new 500's in today. ill post info and pics latter on when i get time

oh...they should be sexy. I heard back from Mike, offered a small discount and free shippng. I am looking at 4x290's instead of 2x500's. Same price, more light. Like others have said there are many LED options today. Get the actual wattage and divide price by this to see what you are actually getting. Mikes lights are proven, well built and have fair support. Others like the Pen Pros from Cammie are a a bunch of wild ass claims and yet I see no completed journals from independent sources with results anywhere near Mikes. I don't like to buy shit over again because I went cheap the first time, so for me, Mike's lights were an obvious choice. I am sure there are others out there that will do fine, but I don't have the time, energy or desire to play lab rat for everyone. I appreciate Irish doing that. :thumb:

5% off list price with free shipping.
thanks for clearing that up
nice!!! u have an idea on how much he's sellin the 500w's for? is this true wattage or he says its 500w but more like 600w?
their 500w, IDK mike sent me a kill a watt to test it and show you what it is, i just got the lights and will have pics up later tonight
GLH grows marijuana with these lights and has stated up to 30% increase in yields watt for watt over HID and that was with the older generation lights. I find that FAR more believeable than companies who tell you their lights will perform 100-400% better than HID watt for watt (claiming a 240 = 600w HID or 200-300w HID = 1000w HPS).
yes sir any company that makes those crazy claims of 300w led matching 1000w hps is full of shit and i will bet on that, its just a scam that makes me made because they give led tech a bad name. ive used lights that claimed that and the full of shit and a waiste of money, mikes claims are the only reason why i give leds another try instead of going back to HPS. i respected that claim and new it wasnt a scam like others told me and waisted my time.
oh...they should be sexy. I heard back from Mike, offered a small discount and free shippng. I am looking at 4x290's instead of 2x500's. Same price, more light. Like others have said there are many LED options today. Get the actual wattage and divide price by this to see what you are actually getting. Mikes lights are proven, well built and have fair support. Others like the Pen Pros from Cammie are a a bunch of wild ass claims and yet I see no completed journals from independent sources with results anywhere near Mikes. I don't like to buy shit over again because I went cheap the first time, so for me, Mike's lights were an obvious choice. I am sure there are others out there that will do fine, but I don't have the time, energy or desire to play lab rat for everyone. I appreciate Irish doing that. :thumb:

to be honest if i were to buy the lights i would chose that route with the 4x290's over the 500's. mike wants me to grow with these 500's then later on he wants to trade those out and see what the 4x290's can do. he always trys to change up mike lights so he can show us how different combos work. but the 4x290's are a good one and one i would chose. more foot print and light.

its funny how you will see allot of led grow that wount be completed most just go MIA, but all of mikes grows with his lights go all the way to the end. because they work and they work good, i wont change then at all, i have no time to waste testing different company's anymore i lost way too much time.

dont ever fall for those crazy BS claims that they low led lights will match 50000000000000w of leds.lol. its all BS i promise..

IB. Meant to ask. Mike emailed me core coverage on his 2011 lights and all were square dimensions. Are your 2011 500's square?

ok got those lights in the 500's and they are insane bright, i couldn't even come close to looking into them, i had to walk backwards to turn it off. the in crazy crazy bright, my friend almost fell to the ground because it caught him off guard. when its hanging in the room its not so bad as long as ur above the light but for these pics it was insane bright!! please please wear sunglasses with these lights.

heres some side x side pics next to my old 360w light. the 500w is on the left and the 360w is on the right. the pics dont even do it justice. my 4x4 tray is lite up crazy now. this is going to be very nice. Mike forgot to put the kill-a-watt meter in the box so i cant test these for you and show what they draw. sorry!

100_4885.JPG
100_4884.JPG

Back
Top Bottom