480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

I sent Mike a message about it. You will be happy when you get the new 500's! You can see the difference in brightness!
cant wait
2 500w lights in a 4x4? Hot dam lol.

Can't wait to see that in action. I thought I was going to have a lot of watts in my 4x4 tent at 700w. Def pumped to see how you kill it with a kW of LEDs
lol.. got to do it BIG.lol
Are the 2nd/3rd gen 2011s brighter than the 1st gen 2011 or are they only because of higher watts? I don't imagine the wavelengths are different or even the ratios of them, simply diodes running at a higher wattage or more of them in total?

Man I'm so anxiously waiting for those light lab results on these lights!
i think theirs only 2 gen in 2011? but either way i have no clue i havent even see the new new one.

Irish ,killer grow man! Thanks. It cause of you that I decide to go with GLH leds.
I've got a 280 watt spectra coming. The wait is killing me ,its been 3 weeks:)
I got a question maybe you could help? What size tent would the 280 watt led work best in 2X2,3X3 or 4X4?
Thanks for any help .

2x2 would be crazy, but i feel my 240w (older one) will be ok in a 3x3, its really hard to say though because i havent seen the new 280w. .

I ordered a GLH 280 3 weeks ago and a week after that I see they are now 290 watt :)
Is the 240 watt 1st gen 2011? cause that would make mine 2nd gen and the 290 the third? :)

I ordered a GLH 280 3 weeks ago and a week after that I see they are now 290 watt :)
Is the 240 watt 1st gen 2011? cause that would make mine 2nd gen and the 290 the third? :)

shit i dont know the numbers changed too much i dont even know what i had before.lol. i thought the 2010 were called 180 but used 240w? IDK bro.lol. too much changing and i cant keep track:hmmmm:

Finally caught up on your novel lol. Great stuff on your thread, cracking up and learning at the same time :high-five: Sorry for the losses you had but I appreciate your willingness to experiment and share with your sense of style.
:thanks: and :popcorn:

-rv

heres the girls 3 days latter. i feed them last night with GH bio-root and Age Old Mykos. i also but mykos on the bottom of each cube to let the roots grow threw it and get all the goodies on then at a young age.

the other day i noticed a few things before i feed them, some of the new growth has some light green coloring to them, and one of the has yellowing on the new growth as u can see on the pics. i also noticed a few roots that are on the side of the RW cube are brown, should i leave on the white plastic on the RW cube sides?

besides that they doing great and most of them are all perked up and happy. still waiting on a few to pop roots out the bottom.

any comments are more then welcome.

100_48522.JPG
100_4848.JPG
100_48471.JPG
100_48411.JPG

Are the 2nd/3rd gen 2011s brighter than the 1st gen 2011 or are they only because of higher watts? I don't imagine the wavelengths are different or even the ratios of them, simply diodes running at a higher wattage or more of them in total?

Man I'm so anxiously waiting for those light lab results on these lights!

Yes really want to know that too!

Irish:

As its on the young leaves I would say it is a Sulfur deffecienty

Maybe too much N ?

Hey Irish, I love your buds bro, straight up nug of the month atleast

Sooo dank, any distinct aroma?

On your cubes, ive never ued them but taking the plastic off would only allow more airflow? dry out faster, water more?idk.. haha

Leave the plastic on until you transfer to soil.. it keeps the light off the roots that come out the side.... Looking good Irish...

Wouldn't it be good to put a (black) plastic bag around the stem and the roots to make a sealed area and some wet paper inside so that there is a high humidity? The roots will die otherwise.

Yes really want to know that too!

Irish:

As its on the young leaves I would say it is a Sulfur deffecienty

Maybe too much N ?
i was thinking the same, i just ordered some Dyna-Gro so it should give the plants anything they want since its as complete as it gets.
Hey Irish, I love your buds bro, straight up nug of the month atleast

Sooo dank, any distinct aroma?

On your cubes, ive never ued them but taking the plastic off would only allow more airflow? dry out faster, water more?idk.. haha
thanks buddy, yes they have a very distinct aroma, Jack Herer is one of a kind smell and this one is very strong and fruity musky smell
good point about the plastic
Leave the plastic on until you transfer to soil.. it keeps the light off the roots that come out the side.... Looking good Irish...
thats what i was thinking just wanted to make sure
If roots are coming out of side. I may be wrong but isn't that time to transfer them to buckets? more root coming out of medium usually means higher chance of shock during transfer.
i wanted to get them a little more rooted before i transplant them, some of them havent even popped out yet.
Wouldn't it be good to put a (black) plastic bag around the stem and the roots to make a sealed area and some wet paper inside so that there is a high humidity? The roots will die otherwise.
i think the dome dose all of that
Good day Sir Knight of the LED Light!

I have been up for the last two nights reading your grow journals trying to make the move to LEDs not so much a leap of faith. You definitely proved them to be fully capable of great quality and I am looking to buy the right one.

I read that you can get a deal through Mike on his lights and I was wondering what it would come out to. I want to do it right the first time and make wise investments and HPS/MH does not seem feasible.

I have a 20 site NFT hydro system roughly 8x3 feet and was thinking of mounting the LED on a light tracker to even distribution. Of what you have worked with so far, what do you think is your rock of Gibraltar? I'd like to get the process going by the end of the month. Thanks for all the meticulous work and detailed expertise, shhhhiiiiit I oughta just put my plants in front of you and grow off the beam of light you shed. lol.

Love and light,
Vagabond, James Vagabond

thanks for the kinds words my friend.

Mike gives out discounts for following my threads, i dont know what the discount is? you would have to ask Mike. i just know if u say u follow my threads he will give you one.

so far i like my 300's out of the lights ive used, but i have a feeling i am going to like those new 500's allot.

theirs a couple of growers who used a light mover and it turned out good, but 8" is a long way to travel either with led or HID, and i think you would ge allot better results with 2 lights on a mover, keep them girls getting light all the time. i mean its worth a try with just the one, but i think two lights in that area would be allot better.

two 500's are on their way. Mike is sending a Kill-A-Watt meter for me to show you guys the power drawl. now i am going to be testing everything in my house.lol.

cant wait to get these lights, ive been told they are crazy bright and cant even compare to my old 300's.

buds are dry @58% RH a little more dry then i wanted, the paper bags dried them like no other, very fast and very even. once i get a friend to lone me his scale ill get dry weight up

two 500's are on their way. Mike is sending a Kill-A-Watt meter for me to show you guys the power drawl. now i am going to be testing everything in my house.lol.

cant wait to get these lights, ive been told they are crazy bright and cant even compare to my old 300's.

buds are dry @58% RH a little more dry then i wanted, the paper bags dried them like no other, very fast and very even. once i get a friend to lone me his scale ill get dry weight up

Whats the coverage on the 500s or the 280? Are they same as the older ones? I emailed Mike , but have not got a anwser .That guy must be super busy. Good news is Mike shipped out my 280 today:party:

Congrats!

That should be a worthwhile upgrade over your 300s, pricey but should be killer in 4x4 tent

Can't wait to watch that one
it should be crazy bro, although its not going into the tent but over my 4x4 tray
Whats the coverage on the 500s or the 280? Are they same as the older ones? I emailed Mike , but have not got a anwser .That guy must be super busy. Good news is Mike shipped out my 280 today:party:

not sure haven't seen either in person. from what ive heard each light get about a foot more foot print, but this is what ive heard not sure how true. try this e-mail mike@growledhydro.com

Thanks for your help Irish. Yeah,thats the email I use,no biggie I guess I will know soon enough. I was thinking 2 280s in a DR120 4X4 but will see.

2 500s in a 4X4 tent,is that what your planning? Can't wait to see that grow :)

Thanks for your help Irish. Yeah,thats the email I use,no biggie I guess I will know soon enough. I was thinking 2 280s in a DR120 4X4 but will see.

the two 240wers in my tent is a great match. so the two 290's would be off the hook.. i am doing the 500's in a 4x4 tray but its not a tent its in a open room

heres the girls after having them for 5 days, they are all perked up and happy, i have two of them that are not the best and are yellow on the top. i am about to trans plant them tonight. the one i gave some Mykos on the bottom has lots of roots sticking out and tons of long root hairs coming off the roots. the two that are the weaker cuttings will be my test plants and try things out on. the others are sticking straight up and are very happy. so far for being my 1st time caring for cuttings i am pretty happy and i can see a huge difference.
100_4856.JPG
100_48632.JPG
100_4864.JPG
100_4866.JPG
100_4869.JPG
100_4870.JPG

Two 180s will do well enough in your tent, but of course I think a couple 500s would be better. I think I would have to go with four 180s in a 4x4 if it was up to me (although I might even go with 6 180s if their dimensions leave enough wiggle room). To me the benefits of having many smaller units over fewer larger ones is just to much to pass up in a grow space 4x4 or larger (I think if its less than 4x4 you should just get a single uber unit like the 500). My tent was only 2.5 x 2.5 so I went with a 395w 2011 1st gen (the best there was to order at the time, before these newer gens were talked of I think). I would have gotten two 280s at the time if my tent had been any larger.

Back
Top Bottom