480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

lol, planned out good just in time have a nice little cure on them for St. Patty's Day. hence the thread name land of clovers.lol

i am not sure how organics will do in Hempy? think the standing water would be a issue and cause root problems and bad micro life

Party at Irishboy's house?

Organic works great in hempies! Res water either gets sucked up into the medium or gets replaced.

I could really use your guy's help on something? i got these clones from a friend and their about 2.5 weeks old and not really rooting, any advise on what to do? their healthy. i am not a cloner at all and this is new to me. i noticed they are a ton of leaves and i did cut most of them in half to help the roots more. these are the Casey Jones. i am not going to start my new journal yet because i dont know id they are going to make it?
100_4821.JPG

The thing that cured my recent cloning hell was clear dixie cups as a humidity dome. spray clones with pure water than spray cup put cup over the plant. Worked like a charm over the next couple of days. If they plants are to big for dixie cups than trim if the stems are to big for the dixie cup than use clear 2 liter bottles with the top cut off.

Good Luck Irish hope this helps.

Remember if humidity is low without roots every bit of water you're plant transpires is water that it can't easily get back.

Edit also might want to lose a few hole leaves. Every bit of nutrient your plant uses to keep the leaves alive is nutrients that wasn't used on developing roots.

The thing that cured my recent cloning hell was clear dixie cups as a humidity dome. spray clones with pure water than spray cup put cup over the plant. Worked like a charm over the next couple of days. If they plants are to big for dixie cups than trim if the stems are to big for the dixie cup than use clear 2 liter bottles with the top cut off.

Good Luck Irish hope this helps.

Remember if humidity is low without roots every bit of water you're plant transpires is water that it can't easily get back.

Edit also might want to lose a few hole leaves. Every bit of nutrient your plant uses to keep the leaves alive is nutrients that wasn't used on developing roots.

Great post and i was thinking the same thing. so u think theys till need a dome? the person told me not to use one. i cut most of the leaves in 1/2 but was thinking of cutting a few off these are some bushy clones, usually they not so leafy. i dont think this person was the best cloner.lol. this is the 1st time i didnt get them from the club and these were free.

you think seaweed will help, the person said they were feeding in the roots and not folar spraying.

Ya, Until the roots potrude out of the rockwool or until you start seeing typical vegitative growth you need a dome roots can only soak up so much water per surface area not to mention their need for air If the roots aren't strong enough to support the plants leaves than it will wilt and more energy will be placed on maintaining the leaves and it will stunt root growth.

Besides a dome will only hurt the plant if the plant is growing growing at a good rate(which is what happened when I had my seedlings under a humidity dome to long.)

Also as a side note if the plant is standing, the leaves aren't wilting at all,they aren't turning brown, and you can see growth then you probably don't need to worry about you're root size as the plant knows what it's doing. =)

Oh you asked about seaweed and foliar feeding. I haven't tried foliar feeding mostly due to the lack of a place to buy a foliar feed around and I'm not comfortable making my own but I've seen arguments for and against.

Seaweed is typically great fertilizer.. but you know that =)

Pros
It feeds you're plants while it's rootless
High quality foliar feeds(seaweed and such i suppose haven't tried them) apparently don't leave residues or harm you're plant
Some people say that foliar feeding gives the plant extra nutrients to help it root

Con
Some people have said that foliar feeding a clone hinders root development as the plant doesn't notice a need for it as quickly
Poor quality foliar feeds(wally world) tend to leave a waxy buildup on leaves
The third pro and the first con are either strain dependant, style preferable, or just common misinformation. I don't know if foliar feeding effects plants at all first hand and I've seen no confirmable evidence either way.

Ya, Until the roots potrude out of the rockwool or until you start seeing typical vegitative growth you need a dome roots can only soak up so much water per surface area not to mention their need for air If the roots aren't strong enough to support the plants leaves than it will wilt and more energy will be placed on maintaining the leaves and it will stunt root growth.

Besides a dome will only hurt the plant if the plant is growing growing at a good rate(which is what happened when I had my seedlings under a humidity dome to long.)

Also as a side note if the plant is standing, the leaves aren't wilting at all,they aren't turning brown, and you can see growth then you probably don't need to worry about you're root size as the plant knows what it's doing. =)

Oh you asked about seaweed and foliar feeding. I haven't tried foliar feeding mostly due to the lack of a place to buy a foliar feed around and I'm not comfortable making my own but I've seen arguments for and against.

Seaweed is typically great fertilizer.. but you know that =)

Pros
It feeds you're plants while it's rootless
High quality foliar feeds(seaweed and such i suppose haven't tried them) apparently don't leave residues or harm you're plant
Some people say that foliar feeding gives the plant extra nutrients to help it root

Con
Some people have said that foliar feeding a clone hinders root development as the plant doesn't notice a need for it as quickly
Poor quality foliar feeds(wally world) tend to leave a waxy buildup on leaves
The third pro and the first con are either strain dependant, style preferable, or just common misinformation. I don't know if foliar feeding effects plants at all first hand and I've seen no confirmable evidence either way.

ill pick up a dome tomorrow dont have that many 2 liters.lol

everything ive read says seaweed will help root growth and its genital on the baby root hairs. a few have little roots coming out, i think ill root feed them and just mist the top of the dome.

i am debating if i should cut off the lower growth? i am not sure whats new growth since i just 1st seen them today and not sure how they looked when cut? seems like allot of foliage and not sure if i should cut those little lower ones off? i just trimmed 1/2 of all the leaves to help them transpire less.

Wouldn't worry about it to much. If it has at least a bit of root growth it will survive. Not sure on the leaf cutting protocol but I took my clones from growth tips(which I have been told is a universally bad idea) but my clones had about 4 top leaves and 2 fan leaves. hope that helps.

Oh and how rude of me. That Jack Herrer literally made my mouth water with all that frost.

Wouldn't worry about it to much. If it has at least a bit of root growth it will survive. Not sure on the leaf cutting protocol but I took my clones from growth tips(which I have been told is a universally bad idea) but my clones had about 4 top leaves and 2 fan leaves. hope that helps.

Oh and how rude of me. That Jack Herrer literally made my mouth water with all that frost.

thanks bro, its means allot for the help, cloning is all new to me.

jacks are some super dank and i am sold on organics now.

Hi Irish been reading your journal since start and must say congratiolations on all the great work. Your journals actually made me buy a 180 watt panel.

How many plants do you think would give me optimal end yield under 1, 180w panel? Could become a 240w 2011 model in the near future. As I'm trying to switch to hydro and need to chose how many pot holes i'll make and how big the container will be.

And btw: nice buds dude , the color , the trichs... :Namaste:

How I kicked the clone habit. (Like I can teach you guys anything. IB and SS are like gods to me.)

I made an aeroponic tub for about $30. Google "how to make an aeroponic tub" for ideas. Then about a week before going into flowering I take two cuttings per plant. I pick the best 4 plants to get 8 new starts. Works every time. 10 days later you have 6 inch rooted cuttings. Around here clones cost $15-$20 so paid for itself the first time around. If you have a strain you like, like IB's Jacks you never run out plus you get the best of the best forever.

These stay in veg under 6500k flo lights until the flowering period of the mature plants is over then they go into flower 12/12 after i take more cuttings for the next grow. It's a lather, rinse, repeat thing.

Everything stays in your place, no more clone buys, and you get the strain you like forever. I just harvested my Bubba and now I'm growing from the tub BX2 and Blue Dream. Taking cuttings in about a week.

Hi Irish been reading your journal since start and must say congratiolations on all the great work. Your journals actually made me buy a 180 watt panel.

How many plants do you think would give me optimal end yield under 1, 180w panel? Could become a 240w 2011 model in the near future. As I'm trying to switch to hydro and need to chose how many pot holes i'll make and how big the container will be.

And btw: nice buds dude , the color , the trichs... :Namaste:
Thanks brother.

i get asked that allot about how many plants someone can grow under a certain light and my answer is i dont have one, their are so many things that change this i cant answer that. different styles, strains, condition's, growers, ect... change all of this. i can grow one sativa and LST it and it would take up the whole light, ir i could do a SOG and have a ton of plants under that light.. its really up to the grower to know his stain and take the foot print thats on GLH and try to guess what he needs, its hard to figure out when using new strains and sucks sometimes.
How I kicked the clone habit. (Like I can teach you guys anything. IB and SS are like gods to me.)

I made an aeroponic tub for about $30. Google "how to make an aeroponic tub" for ideas. Then about a week before going into flowering I take two cuttings per plant. I pick the best 4 plants to get 8 new starts. Works every time. 10 days later you have 6 inch rooted cuttings. Around here clones cost $15-$20 so paid for itself the first time around. If you have a strain you like, like IB's Jacks you never run out plus you get the best of the best forever.

These stay in veg under 6500k flo lights until the flowering period of the mature plants is over then they go into flower 12/12 after i take more cuttings for the next grow. It's a lather, rinse, repeat thing.

Everything stays in your place, no more clone buys, and you get the strain you like forever. I just harvested my Bubba and now I'm growing from the tub BX2 and Blue Dream. Taking cuttings in about a week.

thats on point bro and i was looking into that way.

Man i really F'ed up and should have cloned this Jack!

Great job on the jack Irish, and imo those clones look fine, but if u dont want em ill take em;) (had my name changed for me since my last post). Get that new thread goin dude

lol..

ill start a new thread once i am ready to transplant them when i get good roots, want to make sure they make it before a throw a new journal up.

Keeping a mom is good but alot of people prefer just cutting a clone before flowering you already have 2 rooms right? Only problem is then you lose the variety you are used to so Maybe the 20-50 per clone is you're way, everyone has their own style.

um never thought about that? i like to change it up here and their but still is no bigy, if its fire its fire.lol

what do u mean 20-50 per clone>

all i know is my girls are happy now since i gave them a trim and put a heat mat under them, their rooting now on a few.

i usually lollipop my girls anyways, so it would be good practice since ive never cloned before

The better strains cost more. I want to do 4 grows per year of 8 plants. If Blue Dream clones are $20 then that would be $640. (I bake muffins so need sativas.)

Remember, the quality from your own plants will be better and yield better. Plus, ready when you are. No gas money to visit the clone guy, etc. It's about control of your growing enviroment.

Folks, this is a do-it-yourself thing. Irish, you don't know the enpowerment your info is giving the masses.

Back
Top Bottom