480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

The better strains cost more. I want to do 4 grows per year of 8 plants. If Blue Dream clones are $20 then that would be $640. (I bake muffins so need sativas.)

Remember, the quality from your own plants will be better and yield better. Plus, ready when you are. No gas money to visit the clone guy, etc. It's about control of your growing enviroment.

Folks, this is a do-it-yourself thing. Irish, you don't know the enpowerment your info is giving the masses.

Not to mention the feeling you get when you're little branch starts producing roots it's not the feeling of a harvest. Or even buying a bag but it does make you feel good knowing that your hard work is paying dividends.

The better strains cost more. I want to do 4 grows per year of 8 plants. If Blue Dream clones are $20 then that would be $640. (I bake muffins so need sativas.)

Remember, the quality from your own plants will be better and yield better. Plus, ready when you are. No gas money to visit the clone guy, etc. It's about control of your growing enviroment.

Folks, this is a do-it-yourself thing. Irish, you don't know the enpowerment your info is giving the masses.

no matter what strain their all the same price here, but its all adds up and gas prices the way they are is crazy, i use to have to drive 2.5hrs to get clones, but now i get them local for free. but still i want to do things my way and get the hands on training, since this is the one thing ive never done. think ill clone these girls and give it a try this run before i flower, what do i have to lose? if they die them ill get more free clones.lol. i will grow each strain 2 time, 1st grow to see how she grows then 2nd run use what i learn to max my yields for that strain, then get a different strain and do the same.
Not to mention the feeling you get when you're little branch starts producing roots it's not the feeling of a harvest. Or even buying a bag but it does make you feel good knowing that your hard work is paying dividends.

amen

Nice grow and looking forward to the next one! What would you say is the effective footprint (at what - 18" above?) of the GLH LEDs that you have tried?

I think this info would be valuable for us all to plan area coverage.

Nice grow and looking forward to the next one! What would you say is the effective footprint (at what - 18" above?) of the GLH LEDs that you have tried?

I think this info would be valuable for us all to plan area coverage.

never really tested this out, i always have a few lights running in a small area so never checked it out. ive seen the 300w light do a 3'x3' tent very nice at 16"? i think? i like ti cover my girls with intense light.. now the new 2011 model lights are said to have a bigger foot print then mine. in my tent my 300w will do the 4'x4' area but not as big of a foot print in my open room because less reflecting area. but ive seen the old 300w rock things out in a 3x3 tent.

here is some dry pics i snapped, i can room in because my camera is broken and wont zoom in.lol. for i couldnt get good pics to show how frosty they really are, but you can get the idea. I present you with my 1st organic buds
100_48351.JPG
100_4834.JPG
100_48382.JPG
100_48371.JPG
100_48361.JPG

Thanks brother.

i get asked that allot about how many plants someone can grow under a certain light and my answer is i dont have one, their are so many things that change this i cant answer that. different styles, strains, condition's, growers, ect... change all of this. i can grow one sativa and LST it and it would take up the whole light, ir i could do a SOG and have a ton of plants under that light.. its really up to the grower to know his stain and take the foot print thats on GLH and try to guess what he needs, its hard to figure out when using new strains and sucks sometimes.

Good point, thanks!

Wow Irish, very nice. Those look like some amazing buds. I hear you on the buckets. Anything you put grow on triples the price. You can get those 5 gallons last week at lowes for like 4 bucks.

As for the cloning, I have had more problems than most and have tried it all. For some reason that all turned around when I stopped putting them in a dome, stopped using soil and starting using cubes and a very weak flouro light. All the sudden roots sprouted in no time and I had more clones than I know what to do with. With that said it could be the strain I am cloning. It could just be an easier strain to clone. Who knows, trying to figure it all out myself. Good luck..

Irish ,killer grow man! Thanks. It cause of you that I decide to go with GLH leds.
I've got a 280 watt spectra coming. The wait is killing me ,its been 3 weeks:)
I got a question maybe you could help? What size tent would the 280 watt led work best in 2X2,3X3 or 4X4?
Thanks for any help .

never really tested this out, i always have a few lights running in a small area so never checked it out. ive seen the 300w light do a 3'x3' tent very nice at 16"? i think? i like ti cover my girls with intense light.. now the new 2011 model lights are said to have a bigger foot print then mine. in my tent my 300w will do the 4'x4' area but not as big of a foot print in my open room because less reflecting area. but ive seen the old 300w rock things out in a 3x3 tent.

Hey that is a pretty color to those buds!

lol talk about overkill? I have the 395w 1st gen 2011 and its only in a 2.5ftx2.5ft tent!

Irish ,killer grow man! Thanks. It cause of you that I decide to go with GLH leds.
I've got a 280 watt spectra coming. The wait is killing me ,its been 3 weeks:)
I got a question maybe you could help? What size tent would the 280 watt led work best in 2X2,3X3 or 4X4?
Thanks for any help .

The wait is worth it though! I got my New Spectra 500 (Kill A Watt measured it at 465, actually) this week. It took about 3 1/2 weeks, but its definately worth the wait. I've also got a 2010 Spectra 300, and there is a definite difference in brightness. I would say the new 2011 models produce a more white light. You can actually see green on the leafs with the LED on. Its definately brighter than the older model, and my babies seem to be loving it. FYI, I've got 2 of the spectra 500's covering a 2.5x6 footprint and they cover it perfectly (upgrades from 2x400 watt hps. I have a screen, and keep the light fixed at about 22" above the screen. I can lower or raise it a few inches here and there, but 12-20" above the canopy seems good.

People, if you are considering getting one of these GLH Spectra's, you WILL have to wait a few weeks, until Mike can keep up with the flood of orders I'm sure he's getting from IB's posts, but like a kid waiting for Christmas, delivery day is a happy day indeed! YOUR PATIENCE WILL BE REWARDED!!

Thanks for the info OG crusader. I know it will be worth the wait,I get alittle nervous.
Thats alot of cash for me :)

The wait is worth it though! I got my New Spectra 500 (Kill A Watt measured it at 465, actually) this week. It took about 3 1/2 weeks, but its definately worth the wait. I've also got a 2010 Spectra 300, and there is a definite difference in brightness. I would say the new 2011 models produce a more white light. You can actually see green on the leafs with the LED on. Its definately brighter than the older model, and my babies seem to be loving it. FYI, I've got 2 of the spectra 500's covering a 2.5x6 footprint and they cover it perfectly (upgrades from 2x400 watt hps. I have a screen, and keep the light fixed at about 22" above the screen. I can lower or raise it a few inches here and there, but 12-20" above the canopy seems good.

People, if you are considering getting one of these GLH Spectra's, you WILL have to wait a few weeks, until Mike can keep up with the flood of orders I'm sure he's getting from IB's posts, but like a kid waiting for Christmas, delivery day is a happy day indeed! YOUR PATIENCE WILL BE REWARDED!!

I'd ask mike about that reading because I'm quite certain he said he would now always name them by their wattage (so it should be closer to 500 than that)

I'd ask mike about that reading because I'm quite certain he said he would now always name them by their wattage (so it should be closer to 500 than that)

I'll let him know. A few pages back, it was said that the manufacturer told him they were running CLOSER to 500, but until the units came in, there was no way of knowing for sure. I have to assume that it is because of the differences in china's power vs our current here. Differences in voltages will cause different draws. Anyways, I checked all my units and they start up drawing around 465 watts, but once they are warmed up, they seem to be steady around 455-460 watts and drawing 4.05-4.1 amps. Either way, I'm extremely happy with them! :)

The amp draw:
amp.jpg

The watt draw:
watt.jpg

Skywalker OG under the 2010 Spectra 300 at week 6...
double-nug1.jpg

Oooh, that is a lot of LED watts. I like!

Nice that Mike, unlike some LED sellers, doesn't see your picture and come back with some insulting reply implying that you are a moron for using a kill-a-watt to evaluate your light.

Lol, yeah! I read your journal SG, and saw what went on with that other company...good move sending the light back by the way. Whatever happened to THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT....or at least treating us with some respect???? And we're not morons. We don't want theoretical numbers based on an assumption of what the plants want. We're paying the power bills, so we want the facts. Keep it simple, right? But its still a new industry, so the manufacturers are working out the kinks...but a little honesty goes a lot farther than marketing tactics. If I'm gonna spend almost $3k on some LED's instead of $800 on hps, don't bs me, and don't lie to me, just humor me and answer my questions, and you'll get my business.

I think you'll be happier with some more of the GLH lights. Mike really is the only one I've spoken to who cares what you think, and has tried to put some some honesty back in this game....I read and read and read LED journals for a year until I stumbled onto Irish's posts, and I couldn't be any happier with the choices I made.

Thanks again, Irish for giving us an honest journal!

IB great job on the jack! I've been super busy lately trying to get everything copasetic for the grow I wanna keep it as controlled as possible lol. Just got a chance to see the fin product and those girls is bea-utiful. Thanks again for all the great info and I am glad you got the rooting issue covered on those cloned CJ's. I'm sure they will turn out to be some bad bitties.

I'll let him know. A few pages back, it was said that the manufacturer told him they were running CLOSER to 500, but until the units came in, there was no way of knowing for sure. I have to assume that it is because of the differences in china's power vs our current here. Differences in voltages will cause different draws. Anyways, I checked all my units and they start up drawing around 465 watts, but once they are warmed up, they seem to be steady around 455-460 watts and drawing 4.05-4.1 amps. Either way, I'm extremely happy with them! :)

The amp draw:

The watt draw:

Skywalker OG under the 2010 Spectra 300 at week 6...

I don't know much about how electricity works haha, so for the same device wattage changes based on voltage? Mike did say these should run on any standard/voltage/outlet in the world but I don't remember him mentioning they would run on differen't wattages depending on where you plugged it in.

I don't know much about how electricity works haha, so for the same device wattage changes based on voltage? Mike did say these should run on any standard/voltage/outlet in the world but I don't remember him mentioning they would run on differen't wattages depending on where you plugged it in.

lol...i think i had a brain fart...I was thinking of amps changing with voltage...either way, I'm still happy with the panels. I figure everything will be posted when he updates the website?

thanks everyone for the kind words.

as far as the watts i would tell Mike because he has always been right on the money and maybe the led makers are trying to get over on him? i am pretty sure they are supose to draw 500w? i would tell him about this just in case he dosent know.

i am still waiting on my two 500's cant wait to up grade my old 300's. should be nice in a 4'x4' tray

thanks everyone for the kind words.

as far as the watts i would tell Mike because he has always been right on the money and maybe the led makers are trying to get over on him? i am pretty sure they are supose to draw 500w? i would tell him about this just in case he dosent know.

i am still waiting on my two 500's cant wait to up grade my old 300's. should be nice in a 4'x4' tray

I sent Mike a message about it. You will be happy when you get the new 500's! You can see the difference in brightness!

I sent Mike a message about it. You will be happy when you get the new 500's! You can see the difference in brightness!

Are the 2nd/3rd gen 2011s brighter than the 1st gen 2011 or are they only because of higher watts? I don't imagine the wavelengths are different or even the ratios of them, simply diodes running at a higher wattage or more of them in total?

Man I'm so anxiously waiting for those light lab results on these lights!

Back
Top Bottom