4x240W 288's in a 5x5 tent: overkill?

BC Bushman

Hi all,

Appreciate any advice. Setting up my 5x5, will have direct airflow taking heat outside with a 6 inch fan. Wondering if 4 two panel 288 QB's is too much for the space? My thought is they are all dimmable, allowing me to have that much light if needed during peak flower, but not all the time. Will likely have a separate veg tent, so established plants only in the 5x5. Other thought was 2 320w QB's, three panels each. Or? Thanks for reading and look forward to some opinions from those who know better than I.

Welcome aboard

Multiple bds, to be able to manipulate, in a big space is great

I have 600w of QBs in my 4x4
Next grow I'm adding 150w more and may split my frame in half for more adjustability, mine is a full diy bild

I say go for it...more the merrier

Sounds like a solid set-up. The only thing that would be a concern is heat. However, sounds like you have a decent fan set-up to help with that. The dimmable feature would be nice to have to help you control the environment. Regardless, you would have plenty of wattage for that space!

We have some nice LED board lighting like you mentioned. Many clients are experiencing solid results.

Appreciate the reply! How are your buds for density and yield with 600 in a 4x4?

QBs are way better than the hps I started with or blurple

Much better penetration to lower levels

@BudgetLED has the Red light Bds too, Rspec I think..I want some plain bds when they are available to slip into my current lights

QBs for the win

QBs are way better than the hps I started with or blurple

Much better penetration to lower levels

@BudgetLED has the Red light Bds too, Rspec I think..I want some plain bds when they are available to slip into my current lights

QBs for the win

Thanks, Chris Scorpio.

Yes our Red Spec boards have been showing great results. We will have LM301h only boards soon.

Here is a recent picture of our Red Spec in action. This is a 4 x 6 with 3 250w kits.

Day 29.JPG

Back
Top Bottom