4x4 Tent Air Conditioning problem, could use some advice please?

TheGreatHerb

Hello everyone those of you that offer help id like to thank you in advance!

My problem is...

I have a 4x4x6 tent with a 1000w aircooled hps being cooled with something like a 756cfm inline the girls are currently in day 5 of flower, their daytime schedule is 7pm-7am and the problem is with my air conditioner i have a 14k btu LG single hose portable a/c unit and the (from what ive read around) the deadtime? or the point that the ac reaches its desired temp and shuts off is too far away from the point that it turns back on its about 10 degrees

that wouldnt be a problem for me if i could go in their periodically and change the temp myself but i only get 2 hours with them when they first wake up ant the temp is good then kicks off at 70 and on at 80 but in the middle of the night it can sometimes hit 55 thats the major problem here also it kicks on at 85 in the heat of the day but thats not too bad im more worried about the cold?

Any and all help is appreciated

1000W in a 4x4 tent? Wow. Thermostat? At night, stored heat re-radiates back into a cooler space. Do you have a brick or cmu wall next to the tent? Sounds like a thermostat problem. The Mfg can probably help.

neither its drywall and stucco no insulation at all :yikes: and well i set the thermostat on the ac at 70 during the day and tis good all day it gets hot around here in the day but at night it gets cold like 60-50 and the ac just makes it colder

If the AC has an Auto cool or economy setting - Turn that off! Llet the AC run, the fan will keep running when the compressor is off.

Hope this helps, Good Luck

I googled your 14k Portable A/C and found THIS one at Home Depot. In the description it says that it is rated for 600 sq ft. whereas your tent measures 16 sq ft or 96 cu ft. Perhaps this model was designed to manage a bigger space? Just a guess though.

yes that may be it but having ambient temps up to 115 and no insulation in the garage or the tent i need it to stay cool should i try to cool the garage with the ac? im not sure of the exact measurements until tomorrow and YIKES! just noticed some mites! and im almost a week into flower i sprayed with azamax and clipped most infected leaves

And yes that is the correct model

should i spray once again before bud growth begins? thank you for all feedback it is appreciated.

Not having any more than theory read in books and other journals, I can just regurgitate what i picked up (but had not yet applied) here and there from studies.

It is my understanding that spraying pesticides during flowering can ruin flavor of the smoke. Another thread somewhere in these forums suggested bombing the ladies with CO2 as this suffocates the mites, increases plants ability to metabolize and also helps the girls tough it out through the temp fluctuations. Don't know what your resources are, but basing upon the equipment you have, I bet you can get a CO2 setup in there in no time.

The grow box I am in the process of building will include in the inlet ducting a SMALL PC WATER COOLER. This (I believe) will enable me to pipe in chilled air from a small 1.7 cu ft refrigerator via a little inline water pump controled by a thermostat. I'd suggest something similar, but the unit you have should be able to handle your area, but like I said previously, maybe it was designed to manage the larger space.

1667105282666.png

Id love to have a co2 system to be able to drown the mites with co2 but the problem is my ac is a singl ehose ac and sucks air out of the room to cool the compressor and that would be a big waste of co2

that watercooler is a great idea and might work for me in my aircooled hood just to keep things a little cooler in the day

but what if they are only stretching and not actually producing bud would that still effect flavor?

thanks for helpin a noob out man

neem the plants a lot before the buds start growiing. hopefully you can erradicate them before buds form. Once buds start neeming will not be a good idea.

Didn't know the AC unit sucked the air out. Why does it do that? Can it be reversed to pump cool air into the tent when needed? If so, you wouldn't be drawing the CO2 out. I saw a decent cheapo CO2 generator HERE

and HERE that involves water, sugar and yeast. If doing the bucket with stand pipe out the top, I'd suggest running a manifold or spaghetti lines therefrom to just above each girl as CO2 will fall due to it being heavier than air. It's a cheap solution that will improve your quality/quantity and remedy the mite problem. In my reading, it was suggested to get the CO2 levels in the room up to 1200 (or so) PPM to kill the critters. I think it was supposed to be for at least a half hour at that level, maybe an hour. Whatever, the end result will be happier ladies.

well it needs cool air to cool the compressor and keep it running and the air that it blows out is HOT i mean really hot so i dont think recycling it is a option as for co2 i may invest in a 20 pound tank and reg not sure yet big decision as a controller will also be needed

neem the plants a lot before the buds start growiing. hopefully you can erradicate them before buds form. Once buds start neeming will not be a good idea.

i only have access to azamax and ive heard some ingredients are derived from neem so im gonna cut all the infested leaves and spray once again hopefully i can get it contained in under a week or i may reveg the plants AHHH! too much stress for my girls

The compressor for the AC unit that cools the house or the tent? I was under the assumption that it was to cool the tent only, but I think now its to cool your home and is thus expelling the collected heat to your grow area. If this be the case, would it be possible to relocate into the house somewhere? If not, perhaps quarantining off the AC unit and give it an exhaust vent to the outside.

Yeah azamax is neem. Really expensive neem but neem nonetheless.

Supposedly its neem extracted and it only uses the good stuff in neem and leaves the usless or bad out. Can't say how true that is i never actually researched it much.

I know Azamax works for bugs, but i dont know if it has anti fungal properties anymore like real neem does.

The compressor for the AC unit that cools the house or the tent? I was under the assumption that it was to cool the tent only, but I think now its to cool your home and is thus expelling the collected heat to your grow area. If this be the case, would it be possible to relocate into the house somewhere? If not, perhaps quarantining off the AC unit and give it an exhaust vent to the outside.

No, the ac unit is in the tent and cooling the tent only it fills the tent with cold air and blows it over the compressor in the unit and outside to an exaust

Back
Top Bottom