5 days old seedlings yellowing

Known

Hello guys. This is my first time growing. I was inspired by a-train and try to follow his schedule. This seedlings are 5 days old today. I have them in 30 litre pots with 30% perlite and 5 tbsp of epsoma lime. I used water for the first 2 waterings with 8.5 ph and 0.5 ec. Then i notice this yellow and ph-ed the water down to 6.1. Its been 2 days since i watered with 6.1 but i dont see any improvement. I am using 600w mh bulb switched down to 250w on ballast and the reflector is air cooled with 50 cm distance from the plants. My temps are 22 celcious (72 Fahrenheit) and 62 % humidity. I have a tiny fan creating a small movement on plants. I use an extractor fan working on low and i have my intake fan switched off for the momment. I have a lot of nutrients from AN including micro grow and bloom. Idont know what else to say. Anyone is welcome to share some knowledge. I really want to understand whats wrong.
20190201_081601~2.jpg

20190201_081456~2.jpg

It's fine, Brother! Relax and let her do her thing. Just keep an eye on your environment and keeping the lights a good distance from the plant so she's not stretching for more light or getting burned from too much. Those roots haven't even started uptaking nutrients, yet! ;)

Mr. Krip im glad you point this out to me. Is the 72 Fahrenheit too low for temp at this point? I read somewhere that for seedlings it should be 21-24 celcious. 72 fahreneit is at 22 celcious. Also i want to ask you is it ok to switch to 18/6 now? Currently they take light 24 hours.

Mr. Krip im glad you point this out to me. Is the 72 Fahrenheit too low for temp at this point? I read somewhere that for seedlings it should be 21-24 celcious. 72 fahreneit is at 22 celcious. Also i want to ask you is it ok to switch to 18/6 now? Currently they take light 24 hours.
72*F is perfect. Try to get RH around 50%-60% and yes, you can use 18/6 all through veg, although, if an auto, I'd recommend 20/4 for the entire grow. :goodluck:

Sweet bro! I will have to look about the 20/4 tho. Most of the reading i have done was with 18/6. Have you had any grow with 18/6 and 20/4 with autos? You noticed difference?

Sweet bro! I will have to look about the 20/4 tho. Most of the reading i have done was with 18/6. Have you had any grow with 18/6 and 20/4 with autos? You noticed difference?
The plants will veg faster under more light and auto's do NOT require a dark period, even during flowering, so best to give them more light for better yield.

Sounds like a plan. How long i should wait to increase my ballast? Now its on 250w and it has 400w and 600w.

If it's just the one plant, you can keep under the 250w probably all through the veg cycle - just keep the light closer to the plant to avoid stretch. It doesn't take much light to veg a plant, but if you're gonna grow them large you can up to 400w late in veg which will let you raise the light higher and cover more space. For flowering, it's tough to have too much light if you can deal with the heat, so I'd go full 600w in flower.

Is it an auto? You don't need to go to 400w in veg unless the plant gets so big that you need to raise the lights to get good coverage. You can veg under 400w the entire time, if you want, it just costs more in electric and you may need the lights raised a litle higher to avoid burning the plants.

You also can go right from 250w to 600w when you start flowering BUT, when you first make the switch, raise the lights a little high, then gradually lower over the next couple/few days assuming you don't see any negative response from the plants. If the plants start to wilt or look stressed, raise the lights back up a little.

I have 4 seedlings under 250w. 2 of them are 4 days ahead of the other 2. So 4 plants in total. It will be better to go 400w?

Hello , i run my auto `s (current grow candy cane) at 24/0 for lighting and how big is your grow tent , 600 watts may be a little strong for a small area and just 1 plant , i am running 2 600 watt hps (dialed down to 400 watts)for 4 large plants in a 4x4x8 tent . but your plant looks good , what ever light regiment you choose is fine just be consistent with it , i don`t change lighting for flower with auto`s just let them grow but i dont do any kind of triming , topping etc either

I have 4 seedlings under 250w. 2 of them are 4 days ahead of the other 2. So 4 plants in total. It will be better to go 400w?
Like I said, as long as all four plants are getting light and not stretching, 250w is fine for veg.

Hello Noobienot! Thanks for stopping by to help. I run 4 plants in 1.5x1.5x2 meters tent. Its a secret jardin ds150. I was wondering when i should switch to 400w from 250w that they are now.

Like I said, as long as all four plants are getting light and not stretching, 250w is fine for veg.
Hmm.. I dont know how a stretched plant look like. The 2 of them that are 5 days old got tall a little bit. As i said the reflector is 50cm at 250w above the 4 pots. How to know if my plant is stretching? :(

Hmm.. I dont know how a stretched plant look like. The 2 of them that are 5 days old got tall a little bit. As i said the reflector is 50cm at 250w above the 4 pots. How to know if my plant is stretching? :(
If the stem is long & skinny with lots of distance between nodes, like she's straining/reaching to get to the light and stem could break from the weight or would need supporting.

No. Thank god its not like this. They are about 5cm tall. I will upload a photo later with exact height info. Thank you my friend for enlightening my poor mind so far. I have invested a lot for this project and im not talking only about money. The least i want is to become a master of growing. A professional is the right word

No. Thank god its not like this. They are about 5cm tall. I will upload a photo later with exact height info. Thank you my friend for enlightening my poor mind so far. I have invested a lot for this project and im not talking only about money. The least i want is to become a master of growing. A professional is the right word
It's no worries, Brother, I'm happy to help! :high-five:
I understand as a new grower there's a lot to learn and it's easy to stress over non-issues. Your seedling looks nice & healthy, so far! :goodjob:

I recommend you start a grow journal and there are a lot of great growers here, who also happen to be great people, who will be more than happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom