7 days old seedling problem please help!

zeyhay

420 Member
Dear Colleagues, good day

I have tried to sever times and had the same issue as always. The Babes are 7 days old from potting.
And always seedling is going perfectly, after few days 5-6, starting showing yellow signs, I tried 7 times and as mentioned the same issue.

I am using potting soil VAN EGMOND Universal Potting Soil, I have attached photos from the packing of soil.
What I see this period, is that the soil holds water too long, I mean for example I watered first days around 70-100g water for each, and after 4-5 days I see that the soil is not dried well. I have a lot of holes for drainage. The humidity level is 60%-75%, Temperature is 23-25celsius.
I just watered with PH water around 6.5ph.

The question is can the soil be the reason for my issue? or do you suggest to do with this case?

Many Thanks

Skype_Picture_2022_04_15T07_28_11_441Z.jpeg

Skype_Picture_2022_04_15T07_28_21_776Z.jpeg

Skype_Picture_2022_04_15T07_28_25_535Z.jpeg

Skype_Picture_2022_04_15T07_28_29_156Z.jpeg

Skype_Picture_2022_04_15T07_28_33_345Z.jpeg

large.20200726_121448.jpg.908c2629e8b1032ae894e76e1a9a3558.jpg

large.20200726_121535.jpg.308628ca47ac75c300e6fd736965a5a5.jpg

large.20200726_104015.jpg.d7a6aacfd11e6eeb0592e7f10631db22.jpg

Hi zeyhay.
Welcome to 420:welcome:
I can't read Dutch but by what i can make out that soil has alot of food in it. It may not be ideal for seedlings.
If you look at the N-P-K numbers on the label....that tells you the level of food.
Also it states a ph of 5.8 should be used, that usually means it's not a soil but a soiless medium, usually containing peat or coco.

Edit: yeah, it even says it's peat lower down, and I totally missed the English translation photo :lot-o-toke::cough:

And always seedling is going perfectly, after few days 5-6, starting showing yellow signs, I tried 7 times and as mentioned the same issue.
Did you keep them? If you did keep them what happened?

The soil mix you have in the bag is a bit strong for seedlings. Most of the time that sort of mix is for houseplants or the plants that people want to keep on a porch for the summer.

Soil also looks too wet so that is most likely causing the yellowing. Let them dry out & up-pot to a 1 gal. pot with a better soil designed for cannabis. Are you able to get Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil where you live ? It's what I've used for years.

Soil also looks too wet so that is most likely causing the yellowing. Let them dry out & up-pot to a 1 gal. pot with a better soil designed for cannabis. Are you able to get Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil where you live ? It's what I've used for years.
Hi
Thank you very much for your time and support.
Duration 7 days I watered only two times, the first on the first days when i potted, and the second time after 6 days just watered a little bit. It seems the soil kept the water too long, for example after 6 days the soil was not fully dried. I guest reading all posts, the problem coming from the soil that I used.

Did you keep them? If you did keep them what happened?

The soil mix you have in the bag is a bit strong for seedlings. Most of the time that sort of mix is for houseplants or the plants that people want to keep on a porch for the summer.
Dear SmokingWings,
Much apricated for your suport.
Yes usually I keep them for 2-3 weeks, and all that time the yellowing processing continues, and the result all died.

The problem is that in my country I can't find Soil from FoxFarms, and trying to find the most suitable soil from the market.

Hi
Thank you for your comments.
The problem is that in my country not sell Fox Farms soil, and I am trying the find what we have for sale and the result as you mentioned I choose the wrong soil. What do you suggest except FoxFarm? or can I make my own mixing soil?

Hiya - if you are going to use that soil, mix in a load of perlite, 30-50%
Looks quite hot and holding too much water, something the label warns against
Thank you for the suggestion. What kind of soil do you suggest using?
Here is the market that we have in our country

Can you please suggest from the provided link, what soil is best for growing?

And I choose the most expensive soil )) but as I see not always the expense is a good one ))

Many Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion. What kind of soil do you suggest using?
Here is the market that we have in our country

Can you please suggest from the provided link, what soil is best for growing?

And I choose the most expensive soil )) but as I see not always the expense is a good one ))

Many Thanks
I can't even make out what language that is lol
You are looking for:
Airy/free draining; pH buffered around 6.0; if compost, look for appx 5-3-4 NPK, yours is 6-7-8 which isn't bad
I use coco because I know precisely what's in it - nothing - except what I put in the water, couldn't be more simple as coco will not hold 'too much' water and you are in total control of pH/nutes

Welcome to 420 and I agree with the above. Your soil maybe to hot with nutes and the babies can’t take all that without burning. I don’t know what is available to you where you are but if you can find ProMix HP and just add perlite a little compost some yum-yum (organic nutes) and mycorrhiza and if you don’t want to do that when I can’t get it done I use FoxFarms Light Warrior Seed Starter and usually have 100% success…. Hope that helps a bit. I know it’s frustrating but I know those 2 options will work well…..:circle-of-love:

I can't even make out what language that is lol
What country are you in ? Maybe there's another member from near by who knows what's available in your area.
I'm going to guess Israel.
When I have run into this the easiest thing to do is copy and block some or all of the msg and drop it into a google search bar.

Sometimes I get the complete translation and maybe even a mention of the name of the language.

This time google translated enough to indicate it was a listing of available potting soil mixes like we would see for a grow shop. I had to go back and ask google to tell me the language but seyhay already took care of that.

This is the site URL in English but the web page is in Armenian with pictures and would have to be picked apart one soil-mix at a time. Norton did not get excited and there were no warnings about any cookies either.

abio.am/soil-fertilizer/potting-soil

Back
Top Bottom