Need help please

No there is no rocks in bottom of pot just soil , my other 5 plants are thriving and have no issues all fed watered and looked after the same ..just this girl refuses to behave like the rest ..I just water until I get run off and water when they look and feel like they need it ,apart from buying a meter to test soil I dunno any other way and everything I read and even advice from here recommend what I’m doing ,,maybe it’s a bad seed or bad genetics I don’t know , she problem from start ,,kept just growing a long root and pushing itself out soil ..3 times , then finally she sprouted but has grown this way since day 1 ,,always droopy
Things happen, and not always will a plant be able to keep up the pace the others are setting, for a number of reasons. The roots popping out multiple times and her slow start probably had a lot to do with this. So her roots are not as good as the other plants and naturally not able to draw up as much water, but yet I bet you are watering them all together, when your human senses tell you that they look and feel like they need it.

The point is, your sickly plant didn't need that water as often, but yet, even with water still standing in the bottom of that container, you have faithfully come along and watered it again. Those lower roots then continue to stay submerged under water, and after a while of this they shut down, waiting for the flood waters to go away. WIthout the water pressure the lower roots provide, your plant can't get the lift it needs to point the leaves up to the light, so you get an almost constant droop. The only time the droop goes away is for a short time after watering again to runoff. This fills the container up with water again, and for short period of time, until the plant uses the water in the top of the container, the upper spreader roots are able to access the water and provide some lift to the leaves. Once the water level falls again to mid level or so, the spreader roots no longer can see it, the lower roots are still trying to protect themselves, and the droop returns.

The solution to this is to get those lower roots going again, and the only thing that can do that is a hit of oxygen. This requires the soil to dry out all the way to the bottom of the container and the suction that this causes will pull oxygen way down deep. The lower roots need to see oxygen between waterings in order to keep going strong. Provide that to them, and this situation will correct itself. You should be seeing dramatic leaf lift with every daylight period and then a general relaxing during the nighttime hours. If you are not seeing this response in your plant, something is wrong at the root level. A cheap $6 moisture/light/ph meter from the hardware store can show you exactly where the top of that water table is, as can a wooden dip stick. Sticking your fingers in the top tells you nothing about what is happening at the lower root level. The lift the pot method will work, as long as you accurately compare the weight with that of a similar container filled with DRY soil. If you can tell a difference, it is NOT time to water again. WIth damaged lower roots, it can often take 7 days to a week to clear out all that stale water at the bottom. Be ruthless and you can fix this, but the first step is realizing that at least with this one plant, you have been an overwaterer by watering too often. Treat each plant in your garden as an individual... they don't always need the same watering or feeding schedule as their more healthy neighbors.

Emmmm no I didn’t water again ,,if you read my posts correctly you can see no water was given ..she just didn’t have the best start and does not like a breeze on her ,now she moved into middle of grow room she is fine and yes I have read what you do and link you recommend,yes that works for you in your envoirment and prob many others but with what I have researched and advice from others on here ..it seems to be what works for them and not all ,I’m not an expert grower by any means but can grow plants suitable for my own personal use ,someone can always do better ..I’ll just try and learn as I go …seems best way …gotta start somewhere correct

Emmmm no I didn’t water again ,,if you read my posts correctly you can see no water was given ..she just didn’t have the best start and does not like a breeze on her ,now she moved into middle of grow room she is fine and yes I have read what you do and link you recommend,yes that works for you in your envoirment and prob many others but with what I have researched and advice from others on here ..it seems to be what works for them and not all ,I’m not an expert grower by any means but can grow plants suitable for my own personal use ,someone can always do better ..I’ll just try and learn as I go …seems best way …gotta start somewhere correct
Yes Connie, you must do what you feel is right. I am very proud of my watering tutorial and over the last decade I have seen it go worldwide on several forums. I believe it was me who originally coined the term wet/dry cycle and now people are using that phrase all over the world to describe how best to water this weed. Here on this board, well over 1/3 of a million people have read my words on this subject and a whole lot of folks put links in their own signature lines to this work because they feel it is that important. You have been advised to read it by others already. Research well, for that is how we learn, but please understand that this concept of using the wet/dry cycle to better grow this weed is becoming commonly accepted all around the growing community. As many have told me, there are 1000 ways to skin a cat, but my reply to this has always been that there is only one best way to get that job done.

I do read your posts carefully and hopefully correctly, and I was just trying to help, so please don't take offense. If you want some more advice as time goes on, feel free to call on me. For now, I will let you continue on, learning as you go.
Best of luck! :peace: :love: :circle-of-love:

Yes Connie, you must do what you feel is right. I am very proud of my watering tutorial and over the last decade I have seen it go worldwide on several forums. I believe it was me who originally coined the term wet/dry cycle and now people are using that phrase all over the world to describe how best to water this weed. Here on this board, well over 1/3 of a million people have read my words on this subject and a whole lot of folks put links in their own signature lines to this work because they feel it is that important. You have been advised to read it by others already. Research well, for that is how we learn, but please understand that this concept of using the wet/dry cycle to better grow this weed is becoming commonly accepted all around the growing community. As many have told me, there are 1000 ways to skin a cat, but my reply to this has always been that there is only one best way to get that job done.

I do read your posts carefully and hopefully correctly, and I was just trying to help, so please don't take offense. If you want some more advice as time goes on, feel free to call on me. For now, I will let you continue on, learning as you go. Best of luck! :peace: :love: :circle-of-love:
Ed Rosenthal detailed wet/dry cycle in the 70's and it's in just about every gardening book I've ever seen
It's not rocket science knowing the difference between damp/moist or totally dry/waterlogged
He was a proponent of wick system - never wet, never dry - but flood/drought works just as good if you got the time
I think if you can't judge that successfully with any plant you're going to struggle to grow anything
:Namaste: :peace:

Ed Rosenthal detailed wet/dry cycle in the 70's and it's in just about every gardening book I've ever seen
It's not rocket science knowing the difference between damp/moist or totally dry/waterlogged
He was a proponent of wick system - never wet, never dry - but flood/drought works just as good if you got the time
I think if you can't judge that successfully with any plant you're going to struggle to grow anything
:Namaste: :peace:
Best as I remember, Ed called it the dry out cycle, but surely I wasn't the first to use wet/dry cycle... but maybe. I have read a lot of gardening books and maybe I picked it up from one of those.

I did read what was in your link but not when you posted it sorry ,,probably about 3 weeks ago I came across that doing research ,,I’m kinda an old timer been puffing for 37 years now so figured time to grow ,,still learning as I go ,,,I do look up lots to see if I can figure myself but I just ask here trying to confirm my own ideas ,but you get many answers and many ideas that all people do ,personally I don’t think there is no set way to do anything in life its whats suits and needed when required I think,I have watched a 1000 videos and read a 1000 ways people do things ,,after all it’s not rocket science is it

On 420 Magazine and most other cannabis forums Smokin Moose or Fallen Cannabis Warrior: Mark Heinrich aka Smokin Moose Is the greatest source of information dating to mid 2000's on hydroponic systems and cannabis cultivation. Many of Mark's personal friends referred me to Mark for advice when I began growing cannabis. I was fortunate Mark cared and took the time to explain new cannabis specific grow terms to a newbie and how to make equipment function properly.

Mark's stickies threads are still the best definitive instruction in his Dec 25, 2007 About Wet - Dry Cycles and many, many guides on How to Grow Marijuana sub forums 420 Magazine is fortunate to have had Marks wealth of information contributions.

No there is no rocks in bottom of pot just soil , my other 5 plants are thriving and have no issues all fed watered and looked after the same ..just this girl refuses to behave like the rest ..I just water until I get run off and water when they look and feel like they need it ,apart from buying a meter to test soil I dunno any other way and everything I read and even advice from here recommend what I’m doing ,,maybe it’s a bad seed or bad genetics I don’t know , she problem from start ,,kept just growing a long root and pushing itself out soil ..3 times , then finally she sprouted but has grown this way since day 1 ,,always droopy
Could be an old seed . I have had seeds like almost a year old and a few did not germ at all. A few grew but with slow weak progress , and the one I'm growing now had several different things going on with her right side photo is similier to your leaf tear . Just something to consider .

20220302_060810.jpg

Could be an old seed . I have had seeds like almost a year old and a few did not germ at all. A few grew but with slow weak progress , and the one I'm growing now had several different things going on with her right side photo is similier to your leaf tear . Just something to consider .

1 year is not very old for a seed, and the age of the seed did not cause that issue on your leaf.

Back
Top Bottom