5 weeks until they go to flower

Maer

I have some plants that have been vegging since 2-19 (8 weeks), they have 5 weeks until I am going to put them into the flower chamber. They are currently in 1 gal smart pots. When should I transfer them to the 3 gal smart pots? Should I do it now so they develop roots?

I would've transplanted 2-4 weeks ago. Hopefully there's no root rot and they're not root bound. I don't know much of anything about smartpots though.Transplant them now. Be sure to add some vitamin B-1 to help the plants transition with minimal (if any) shock symptoms. U normally flower plants that big? What strain are they? U sound like KC Brains with those big plants. If u have pics please upload them. I'd like to see healthy they are. I have issues keepin plants healthy over long periods of time. I got a a 5-6 month old mom now I'm trying to manage. I'd transplant now so the root system is established well before going in to bloom. Then again I've transplanted and sent to 12/12 that day or the next without too much of any problems. My 2 cents brother :peace:

I have some plants that have been vegging since 2-19 (8 weeks), they have 5 weeks until I am going to put them into the flower chamber. They are currently in 1 gal smart pots. When should I transfer them to the 3 gal smart pots? Should I do it now so they develop roots?

Take some clones from the plants before putting it into flower. Usually the lower branches will work since they have lower level of nitrogen. It is much faster than to start from seed again. Grow the clones out into mothers and repeat the steps.

With 8 weeks of veg time your plant will grow up to 5-6 feet high after it finishes flowering, unless you LST or use wires to hold down the tall branches if you have limited head room. I've read somewhere that smart pot actually performs least vs normal pot, and moving it around can damage the root system since the bag isn't as solid as normal plastic container pot would to protect the roots. Use air pot if you can afford them, or normal pot, or a bucket with a hole on the side for water drainage (hempy). Transplanting to 3gal should be good to finish flowering.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom